Alter Bridge's 4th album and other AB-related news

Anguyen92

Ok, in about September or so, the modern hard rock band, Alter Bridge, composing of Mark Tremonti, Myles Kennedy, Scott Phillips, and Brian Marshall shall release their anticipated 4th album and will do a Europe tour on this album, this year, with a states tour in early 2014, hopefully.

Hard to tell what direction they may go on this album, but they had mention that they may lean towards a heavy and progressive-like sound. But, as usual, I expect some great vocal work from vocalist Myles Kennedy and some kick-ass guitar riffs and solo from lead guitarist Mark Tremonti. Heck, there had been some talk that they may switch roles on one of the songs and have Mark sing and Myles play lead guitar.

In any case, this should be another winner of an album from them. They have already created three great albums in the 2000s era and I don't see any reason for them to stop now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv-EZx-qI_8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PABO3RC2c7k

So, who, here, is a fan of this band and who, here, is a detractor of the band? Any and all discussions are welcomed.

I love them. All three albums have been great so far and I have high expectations for the new album. Awesome live band, their fans are something else to. Very dedicated and into every single song they play live and singing everything at the top of their lungs. I know they get some shit for having members of Creed in the band but Tremonti is a hell of a guitar player. Creed isn't really what he was meant to do. When you hear him play with Alter Bridge, you can tell this is the band Tremonti was born to play with. Myles is a great vocalist and he will no doubt impress us again with his singing ability on the new album. Edited by J2112YYZ

Album title is called "Fortress". Omg, this is so exciting

Earlier this year, Alter Bridge announced that they had begun work on their fourth studio album, and now the band is offering up all the juicy details surrounding their upcoming release. The 13-song disc, titled ‘Fortress,’ will make its debut on Oct. 8.

Working once again with producer Michael “Elvis” Baskette, new songs like ‘Bleed It Dry’ and ‘Farther From the Sun’ are being described as some of the heaviest material ever recorded by Alter Bridge. It’s not all heavy though, as tunes like ‘All Ends Well’ and the title track ‘Fortress’ put the band’s softer side on full display. All in all, the songs seem to encompass everything that Alter Bridge have built their career on — melodic vocals courtesy of Myles Kennedy, stellar guitar work at the hands of Mark Tremonti and the talented rhythm section of Brian Marshall on bass and Scott Phillips on drums rounding out the quartet.

Tremonti opens up about the recording process, saying, “When we started pre-production on this album, we pushed ourselves harder and further than we ever have previously in order to make the most out of every individual arrangement.” He continues, “We wanted this album to be our most unpredictable and exciting one yet. From the early feedback we have received, it looks like we have achieved what we set out to do.”

Shortly after ‘Fortress’ is released, Alter Bridge will set out on a European tour that will take them through countries like France, Germany, Sweden and Italy – just to name a few. (Check out all of the tour stops below.) Fans in the States may have to wait a little longer to see Alter Bridge, as the band currently only has one U.S. tour date booked in 2013 — an Oct. 4 show at the House of Blues in Orlando, Fla.

http://loudwire.com/...rtress-october/

http://www.alterbrid...er-8th-usa.aspx

This is going to be the most exciting moments of life in the months building up to this album.

Edited by Anguyen92

Album art and track listings are here.

http://www.stereoboard.com/images/stories/2013/images/A-Z%20Main%20Artist%20Images/A/alter_bridge_300x300_js_310713.jpg

1. Cry Of Achilles

2. Addicted To Pain

3. Bleed It Dry

4. Lover

5. The Uninvited

6. Peace Is Broken

7. Calm The Fire

8. Waters Rising

9. Father Than The Sun

10. Cry A River

11. All Ends Well

12. Fortress

I'm very sure there has to be some sort of story behind the way they constructed the album art. Track listings seems very promising, however.

Well, I pre-ordered the album on iTunes though I will still buy the hard copy of the album. Here are the track listings. There are no songs under 4 min. and three songs over the 6 min. mark. Should be quite an experience, hopefully, to listen to.

Cry of Achilles - 6:30

Addicted to Pain - 4:15

Bleed It Dry - 4:44

Lover - 5:17

The Uninvited - 4:47

Peace Is Broken - 4:40

Calm The Fire - 6:04

Waters Rising - 5:39

Farther Than The Sun - 4:07

Cry a River - 4:00

All Ends Well - 5:12

Fortress 7:36

Creed was one of the worst rock bands ever created.

The hypocritical Christian band playing in front of crowds who could not purchase a beer. Meanwhile the band was fuckinng wasted on booze and drugs.

Complete waste of time.

I actually bought the first Creed cd. The Japanese pressing with the bonus track. I sold it to my local record store for 4 bucks.

Rubbish

• Like 1

Creed was one of the worst rock bands ever created.

The hypocritical Christian band playing in front of crowds who could not purchase a beer. Meanwhile the band was fuckinng wasted on booze and drugs.

Complete waste of time.

I actually bought the first Creed cd. The Japanese pressing with the bonus track. I sold it to my local record store for 4 bucks.

Rubbish

Have you even listened to Alter Bridge, Earl? Except for their first album they don't sound that much like Creed. Sure, there's some similarities because the guitar player is the same in both groups but you can tell them apart. I'm not sure where this Pearl Jam rip off stuff is coming from but it certainly can't be in reference to Alter Bridge. Creed, yes, Alter Bridge, no way. Myles Kennedy's vocals make this band sound as far off from a Pearl Jam copycat as you can get. Creed and Alter Bridge are two completely different bands. Alter Bridge is much, much better. Don't let your hate for Creed cloud your judgment on another band before you listen to them. Going by what you've said in you posts it seems you've never even given Alter Bridge a chance due to the Creed connection. Maybe you should forget about that and give Alter Bridge a chance. Who knows, you may end up liking them for the great band that they are.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

If anything, Myles Kennedy sounds nothing like Eddie Vedder. Some might say that a singer from the Grunge era that Myles can be comparable to is Chris Cornell. I'm not saying that Myles sounds like or is better than Cornell, but there are hints of his singing that may be derived from Cornell's way of singing.

For all intents and purposes, I don't care much for Creed. All I can do is wish them well, in the Creed endevors, since Mark, Flip, and Brian are in the band, but I just can't be as enthusiastic about it as much as AB. Even Mark's solo band and the idea of Myles going solo are the projects I want them to do over Creed and working with Slash, respectively.

Edited by Anguyen92

Here's the stream of the album, check it out.

http://loudwire.com/alter-bridge-fortress-exclusive-album-stream/

This one may work for those outside of the US and definitely for those in the UK.

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/uk-exclusive-hear-the-new-alter-bridge-album-right-here/

Bought the album (got it at Best Buy which includes a bonus track), yesterday, listened to it today, and, to me, that's the album of the year. All there is to say about that. But here are my thoughts while I was hearing the songs.

Addicted to Pain - Good idea to put this as the single.

Bleed it Dry. Good tempo, to somewhat slow things down. Pretty similar tempo to All Hope Is Gone. Wow, the time signatures is all over the place with this one.

Only three songs in, and of course, this is my album of the year.

Lover is dark. I love it. Wow, this bridge lyrics has a lot of attitude in it. This is probably one of the few instances that I like that there's no solo. Wouldn't have fitted the mood.

The Uninvited - Pretty Haunting. Good background vocal pitch from Mark, I think.

Loving the chorus and bridge verse from Peace is Broken. Another well played solo, as well.

Halfway done. This is a good winner.

Calm the Fire. That's a nice little nugget in the first 1:20 min. Probably the best song so far. The little synth nods are all right.

Waters Rising - Good guitar riff. Mark's vocals are pretty good. This is probably the most enjoyable, for me to listen to, song of the album, so far. Reminds me a bit of White Knuckles.

Farther than the Sun sounds like this could be their 2nd single of the album cycle. Yeah, this is going to be most likely their next single.

Cry a River pretty much solidifies the theme of the album. So much anger towards this one person. I'm loving it.

All Ends Well. Time for the ballad, baby. Quite the 180 degree turn from the last song. I'm loving it. For once, I'm not going to cry (NVM, I did cry. Tears of Joy, not sorrow this time). Finally, an AB ballad that shows that light as oppose to finding that light at the end of the tunnel. This might be the 3rd or 4th single to fit the alternative rock radio song bill.

Sounds like All Ends Well is the closer, however, one more to go (well, technically, two more to go). Time for them to shoot for epic with title track.

Oh yeah, the chorus is probably the best one of the album. The Fortress is coming down, baby!!!!! Well, this is a sudden change of pace in the time signature. Right into the solo!!! The only thing we can't say about this album is that they did rely too heavily on the verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge-chorus-solo formula.

The funny about that 7:30 song. I actually wanted that song to be a little longer, it's that good.

Turbomegladong (Outright, the other name is based off of something in the Alter Bridge forums) is pretty solid as a b-side, but like most would say, it would not really fit in the actual album. It's still a great track. Never say die, on anything.

I retract my last statement about All Ends Well would have closed it, Outright could have easily done a better job of being a closer

I like the album. Never listened to these guys before. He doesn't remind me of Vedder, but I do hear some Geoff Tate. Favs include:

Cry Of Achilles

Addicted To Pain

Lover

Peace Is Broken

Calm The Fire

Waters Rising

All Ends Well

Fortress

The new album is excellent.

You should give their other three albums a try, you won't be disappointed. The album before this 'AB III' is my favorite, it has a similar musical feel to Fortress only the lyrics on AB III are a bit darker. Blackbird is a great album to, especially the title track. Their first album, One Day Remains, is very good but since it was their first album, musically it sounds the most like Creed. They've slowly gotten away from that and really developed their own sound.

Alter Bridge are amazing! One of my favourite bands, I think alternative rock/metal have their saviours in the form of this band!

I love all their albums, but controversially I have to admit Blackbird is my least favourite, with ABIII number one and Fortress and One Day Remains fighting for second place.

Oh, and Creed absolutely suck.

Alter Bridge have released an amazing album, Cry Of Achilles, Lover and the title track are amongst the finest songs they have ever done, and I would go as far as to say that Cry Of Achilles is the rock song of the year!

But, despite its low ranking with the majority of the fanbase, ABIII is my absolute favourite, with Blackbird finishing last. One day remains and fortress are fighting somewhere in the middle!

Alter Bridge have released an amazing album, Cry Of Achilles, Lover and the title track are amongst the finest songs they have ever done, and I would go as far as to say that Cry Of Achilles is the rock song of the year!

But, despite its low ranking with the majority of the fanbase, ABIII is my absolute favourite, with Blackbird finishing last. One day remains and fortress are fighting somewhere in the middle!

AB III ranks low with the fanbase? I never got that impression. Blackbird certainly seems to be the one both the band and the fans love the most. I do like One Day Remains a lot, Metalignus and Broken Wings are my two favorite songs from them.

Can't say enough goods things about the new album. So many great tracks, Cry Of Achillies, Addicted To Pain, Lover, Uninvited, Peace Is Broken, Calm The Fire, Waters Rising and Fortress. Another superb effort from the band. They're just one of those bands that strives for excellence with every new release and they haven't failed at it yet.

Well, according to the majority of the fans I know and online fansites, ABIII is accused of being overproduced and littered with filler. Shocks me, I think it is a masterpiece. I am no fan of creed but One Day Remains (Alter Bridges debut, and most creed-like album) is all kinds of amazing to my ears, so I put most of my dislike of creed down to Scott Tapp. Man, his voice is dreadful. But the songwriting and lyrics of this record blow me away, and Find The Real and Burn It Down are two of my all time favourite rock songs.

Blackbird is a great album, but I find most of the songs pale in comparison to the majority of ABIII (obviously I am no talking about the prfection that is the title track). It is my least favourite.

Fortress has simply blown me away, but it lacks the dark edge of ABIII that I love so much. Which is cool. We all have our preferences!

Has anyone heard Tremonti's solo album? I can't decide if it is worth getting.

Alter Bridge kicks ASS!

This album is certainly a great effort. The twelve tracks on this album seem to be some of their greatest songs. In fact, this album feels like a second Blackbird in it's structure, with hints of AB3 and One Day Remains here and there in vocal technique. The song Fortress really feels like a rehash of Blackbird, seriously it's the first title track since Blackbird and they follow a pretty similar structure.

Let me list off my favourite songs from this album

Cry of Achilles

Addicted to Pain

Bleed It Dry

Lover

The Uninvited

Peace is Broken

Calm the Fire

Waters Rising

Farther Than the Sun

Cry A River

All Ends Well