Favourite song to see live is La Villa Strangiato. I know it's been done lots of times before but it's my favourite song. Even just adding the Lerxst in Wonderland section to a medley is enough for me.

Of songs they have never played live I would love to hear either Different Strings, Before and After, or Cut to the Chase.

• Like 1

My favorite to see live was probably The Garden, just on this tour. I would love to see them play Available Light, for one that they've never played before.

The emotion on Neil's face during The Garden was amazing

Edited by hcm
  • Like 1

My favorite to see live was probably The Garden, just on this tour. I would love to see them play Available Light, for one that they've never played before.

The emotion on Neil's face during The Garden was amazing

Oh, yeah, absolutely. I saw them twice this tour, but the 2nd time when I was on the floor in Cleveland was unlike any other. That was probably my favorite concert of all time and I've been seeing them since the All The World's A Stage tour.

I've really enjoyed watching them play 'Where's My Thing?' live, both through this tour and the Roll the Bones tour (not that I saw them live then, but have seen videos of this song live then). The band seems to get a really good energy from this song, and Geddy particularly seems to rock out on the bass with this one. The best live songs, I think, are those with which they have the most fun, and bring smiles to their faces, or at least some kind of emotion, like as mentioned with 'The Garden' or 'The Pass'. The more passion there is for a song, the better it's translated live, I think.
  • Like 2

Some of my favorites live:

all of 2112 (Test For Echo Tour)

Show Don't Tell (I love that song, so anytime they play it is fine with me.)

instrumentals YYZ, La Villa Strangiato, Where's My Thing?, Leave That Thing Alone, Malignant Narcissism, The Main Monkey Business...

Moving Pictures on Time Machine Tour was FANTASTIC!

I would love to hear Beneath, Between, Behind LIVE

What You're Doing

Something For Nothing

Lessons

And a bunch more, if I think hard...

Uh, I loved seeing Where's my Thing live after spending the last 3-4 years watching it live on youtube. I loved seeing Subdivisions, Force Ten, The Big money, Grand Designs, Middletown Dreams, Limelight (My father's favorite), and The Analog Kid, but for me, Carnies takes the cake (I think the pyro did it)

Can I have a say, even though I've never seen them live myself?

if so, Faithless, Larger Bowl, Far Cry, Carnies, Headlong Flight..... I'm boring myself, let's just say the instrumentals and the last two albums have been great!

Would love to see them end up playing in Australia. Also, I want HIGH WATER.

I guess it depends on whether were talking a current seeing or a past seeing. 10 years ago or more I would say Xanadu hands down. Currently I would say any of the instrumentals.

When I was on the floor close this last show I went to I recorded both Where's my thing and Carnies(the pyro got me too) on my phone...I love watching it, love that it was MY show and MY view...such great memories

I would love to see Losing it, kind of thought they would with this tour and the live strings and all, I was kind of bummed they didn't do it.

• Like 1

When I was on the floor close this last show I went to I recorded both Where's my thing and Carnies(the pyro got me too) on my phone...I love watching it, love that it was MY show and MY view...such great memories

I would love to see Losing it, kind of thought they would with this tour and the live strings and all, I was kind of bummed they didn't do it.

Ooohhh! Great call. Losing it is definitely one I would love to see them do that's never been done. Well within Geddy's current range as well.

Great one, hcm!

• Like 1

What an awesome time to do Losing It, though. How many violinists did they have right there on stage with them? Would have absolutely been the talk of the tour. Missed opportunity.

:rage:

• Like 2

I would like to see Secret Touch live and full version of 2112 and Xanadu (And rest of the songs, that wasent played on Clockwork Angels Tour :P )

A song that they havent played, that I wanna see live would be The Fountain Of Lamneth. And when I think about it, I also would like to see Rivendell!

What an awesome time to do Losing It, though. How many violinists did they have right there on stage with them? Would have absolutely been the talk of the tour. Missed opportunity.

:rage:

Yeah I agree but I still say it's such a downer of a song and not necessarily something they'd want to sing about at this stage in their careers.

• Like 1