Any chance they've been writing?

phillyflash

I think the guys have said somewhere that they plan to take some time off after this tour wraps up, so the answer to my question is probably no, but I'm just hoping we don't have another 5-year wait from last year's CA release to whatever their next album is.

Considering their age, how great they're playing now, and the generally great reaction to CA, I wouldn't think they'd want to wait until 2017 for the release of a new album. I'm guessing after they recharge the batteries, they'd want to get back at it again ASAP...but who knows.

As great as it is to see them live, I'd prefer more albums vs. tours. Albums/new music lasts forever, and since there may not be that many more albums to come, I want as much new music down the road as possible.

So...does anyone think they've been working on a handful of songs while they've been touring CA?

• Like 1

No, those days are long over. They've said before that basically when on tour, they don't look past the tour and make no Rush plans for the future beyond getting to the tour's end.

I disagree - there is always a chance. I would not say no, musicians are always creating. They might not be writing formally, but I'm sure they are saving ideas when they come along.

Maybe they'll have 2 "Caravan/BU2B" type songs for their 42nd anniversary tour :)

• Like 1

I wonder what colour socks Lifeson wears? Does Lee fart in the halls of the mighty? Does Peart use tena-man?

Do we f***ing care?

At least one vote for no.

I wonder what colour socks Lifeson wears? Does Lee fart in the halls of the mighty? Does Peart use tena-man?

Do we f***ing care?

I had to web search tena-man.

You know about tena-man cause you're old.

:joker:

• Like 1

Do we f***ing care?

You'll be like me one day young fella. Shouting at the computer and stinking of piss...

• Like 3

Do we f***ing care?

You'll be like me one day young fella. Shouting at the computer and stinking of piss...

:spitwater:

• Like 1

I think I saw Alex jot something down while Neil was in one of his mini-solos..

no, actually they're kinda busy at the moment.. gone are the days of playing every night, touring in a winnebago and finishing a new song before they show up at the next gig so they can release two albums per year...

I'm with you on that new albums over new tours thing though! music lasts forever!

Neil is always observing, notetaking, and, sketching, guaranteed, during his travelling and reading. He may not have any stanzas written, but I'll bet a lot of rough drafts have been written through the years....dog years.

Writing for what ? Is Doug and Bob Mackenzie making a comeback?

TAKE OFF TO THE GREAT WHITE NORTH , TAKE OFF IT'S A BEAUTY WAY TO GO !!!!!!!!!!!

Yah I can't wait to hear Nik's stellar wreckage of my favorite bands next cd

Writing for what ? Is Doug and Bob Mackenzie making a comeback?

TAKE OFF TO THE GREAT WHITE NORTH , TAKE OFF IT'S A BEAUTY WAY TO GO !!!!!!!!!!!

Yah I can't wait to hear Nik's stellar wreckage of my favorite bands next cd

CA was poorly mixed purposely. That way they make more money when it is remastered.
  • Like 1

I doubt they're writing formally but may be jamming from time to time during soundcheck and recording it at the sound desk. I understand Geddy sifts through their jams and picks out bits he thinks are promising...

This might not be the most popular statement on this matter:

I don't care if we never get any new material from them. Think about how spoiled we are with that extensive back-catalog of music the guys have given us. If they decide that they're calling it quits, then fine by me. I'd rather have them quit than releasing as little as one second, just for the sake of releasing something. I'd rather they stop at their prime than having a "Down The Drain - This Time It's Final Tour".

On a personal note, I do hope their creative fire keeps on burning. There is optimism between the lines ;)

• Like 3

Do we f***ing care?

Yeah I had to look that last one up as well.

I think Geddy might just fart. In San Diego I was right in front of him and the whole front row almost got knocked out not once but twice.

Either that or one of the security guards had brussell sprouts before going to work that night.

• Like 2

Do we f***ing care?

I think Geddy might just fart. In San Diego I was right in front of him and the whole front row almost got knocked out not once but twice.

Either that or one of the security guards had brussell sprouts before going to work that night.

That's the kind of thing that would be awesome about being a rock star. Being able to have incredibly bad farts and people still rock as the dealer silently laughs? Awesome. Kinda like that Tommy Lee/Nikki Sixx thing seeing how long they could go without showering and still get laid.

Do we f***ing care?

That's the kind of thing that would be awesome about being a rock star. Being able to have incredibly bad farts and people still rock as the dealer silently laughs? Awesome. Kinda like that Tommy Lee/Nikki Sixx thing seeing how long they could go without showering and still get laid.

Well I'm hoping it wasn't Geddy, I'm pinning it on somebody in audience level but yeah, it's still pretty funny.

Whoever ripped them, they were by far some of the worst ever. I would not want to be under the covers with that person.

Do we f***ing care?

Well I'm hoping it wasn't Geddy, I'm pinning it on somebody in audience level but yeah, it's still pretty funny.

Whoever ripped them, they were by far some of the worst ever. I would not want to be under the covers with that person.

Oh God that would be foul! :fury:

• Like 1

I think there will be new music. At the moment, they seem to be enjoying the whole recording and touring process. Besides, when you are that creative, it just doesn't "switch off".
  • Like 1

Do we f***ing care?

Ah, the classic Dutch oven.

• Like 1

Do we f***ing care?

She who smelled them, dealt them. :P
  • Like 1

Do we f***ing care?

She who smelled them, dealt them. :P

So you're saying it was the chick next to my husband... interesting.

• Like 1

I think the guys have said somewhere that they plan to take some time off after this tour wraps up, so the answer to my question is probably no, but I'm just hoping we don't have another 5-year wait from last year's CA release to whatever their next album is.

Considering their age, how great they're playing now, and the generally great reaction to CA, I wouldn't think they'd want to wait until 2017 for the release of a new album. I'm guessing after they recharge the batteries, they'd want to get back at it again ASAP...but who knows.

As great as it is to see them live, I'd prefer more albums vs. tours. Albums/new music lasts forever, and since there may not be that many more albums to come, I want as much new music down the road as possible.

So...does anyone think they've been working on a handful of songs while they've been touring CA?

I'm sure after a year off, that RUSH will start to pounder all these points you've mention. Yes they aren't that young anymore. How long can they continue doing this at this level of musicianship? These points will surely be in their minds and this along might get them back into the Studio for a final 21st Studio Album entitled "Blackjack" . To be released in 2016! Fantasy Track listing below:

BlackJack......................................................5:21

The King of Diamonds..................................4:53

Precipiter (Instrumental)................................4:50

The Ace of Spades.......................................7:30

The Joker......................................................9:07

Ante Up (Overture of A Friendly Hand).......5:15

The Flop (Part II of A Friendly Hand)..........2:48

The Turn (part III of A Friendly Hand)........2:44

The River (Part IV of A Friendly Hand)........3:53

A Royal Flush (Part V of A Friendly Hand)...3:27

Twist Of Fate (Part VI of A Friendly Hand)...2:53

A'Dieu aux Fans (Instrumental)......................8.08