Rush tour where they play three full albums v. which three do you want to hear?

Maverick

I really struggled with this one, because all Rush albums have at least one song I'm not interested in, and at least one that I would love to hear live. 2112 had to go because even though it's the one Rush album on which I like every single song, there are only two on it that I really love (the title track, and Tears). I would choose Clockwork Angels in a heartbeat because I would love to hear that whole glorious wonderful record performed live with strings and presented in its original order, but I regretfully concluded that it would be sort of a waste of a choice since I have already heard all of it (other, of course, than BU2B2) live more than once. The question of favourite songs I've heard live vs ones that I haven't eliminated two of my other favourite Rush albums, Permanent Waves and Snakes And Arrows. I had to kick A Farewell To Kings off the list because although I love half of it with the pure proud strength of a Rush fan, the other half I just never listen to. Ditto Signals. Caress of Steel has only lonely, lovely Lamneth for me. Without going into the Rush albums that aren't in my top 10, I was left with:

Hemispheres. Easy to choose because (if Geddy could sing it properly as he can in this theoretical challenge), Book II would be my ultimate song to hear live. I swear I would get in my car and simply follow the tour all around the country if they were playing that.

Grace Under Pressure. Because it's a sentimental favourite, and because The Enemy Within is one of my fight songs.

Vapour Trails. Because I'd like to hear the great songs on that album done justice.

Encore:

We Hold On. Because it's another of my fight songs.

2112 Overture/Temples/Finale. Because this song live is an all-time peak concert experience.

Edited by GeddysMullet

Hemispheres

AFTK

PeW

Encore

Headlong Flight

The Anarchist

But you'd have to go AFTK then Hemispheres, right?

A Farewell to Kings

Hemispheres

Caress of Steel

Encore:

2112 (the whole suite)

Yeah...I'm unrealistically greedy!

We must share some of the same brain cells:

I too am going with (in order):

Caress Of Steel

A Farewell To Kings

Hemispheres

Encore:

Jacob's Ladder

• Like 1

I'm going to get tomatos thrown at me for this, but...

Presto

Hold Your Fire

Vapor Trails

Encore:

Here Again

Fountain of Lamneth

*ducks*

Edited by Retrospective
  • Like 1

I'm going to get tomatos thrown at me for this, but...

Presto

Hold Your Fire

Vapor Trails

Encore:

Here Again

Fountain of Lamneth

*ducks*

Surprisingly these choices seem reasonable, seeing the order they are in. xD I'd throw a tomato at you if RtB, HYF and CoS would all be in the same setlist. :P

Anyways, here's my thing:

1. Signals

2. P/g

3. PeW

Encore:

La Villa Strangiato

• Like 1

Hemispheres

Moving Pictures

Signals

I'm tempted to replace Moving Pics with A Farewell to Kings, but sadly, I did not get to see the Time Machine Tour, so I still need to see Red Barchetta, The Camera Eye, and Vital Signs live.

Power Windows

Clockwork Angels

Signals

Encore:

Dreamline

The Spirit of Radio

We just had that tour!

I know, and I don't want that tour to end, though If given four albums to chose, I would replace either CA or Signals with AFTK and Hemi, I like AFTK a lot, but something would feel weird about them preforming all of Cygnus X-1 without Hemispheres

I got this idea from the tour that Yes are currently doing where they are playing The Yes Album, Close to the Edge, and Going for the One in full. If Rush were to pull of such a tour, which three studio albums of theirs would you like for them to play. For purposes of this thread, we will assume Geddy can sing anything from any album the way he sang it on the album, and he can sing it for the whole tour. There will also be a two song encore where you can pick any two songs, neither of which can exceed 13 minutes in length.

For me, my three albums would be:

Hemispheres

Permanent Waves

Grace Under Pressure

Encore:

The Necromancer

Headlong Flight

Repost? No care.

Great choice, but what about Moving Pictures?? :codger:

I got this idea from the tour that Yes are currently doing where they are playing The Yes Album, Close to the Edge, and Going for the One in full. If Rush were to pull of such a tour, which three studio albums of theirs would you like for them to play. For purposes of this thread, we will assume Geddy can sing anything from any album the way he sang it on the album, and he can sing it for the whole tour. There will also be a two song encore where you can pick any two songs, neither of which can exceed 13 minutes in length.

For me, my three albums would be:

Hemispheres

Permanent Waves

Grace Under Pressure

Encore:

The Necromancer

Headlong Flight

Repost? No care.

Great choice, but what about Moving Pictures?? :codger:

Moving Pictures = Been there, done that! :LOL:

Besides, some people don't like that album as much as others. :no:

Edited by GeddysMullet