Top Ten Most Overused Words

Steevo

Proactive. Dumbest "corporate speak" word ever invented. "In favor of action" means nothing. They use it to mean taking preemptive action, which is different. In any event, I hear that word at least 10 times every day.

It's always some asshole in my team of co-workers that says it too. When I ask them for specifics on how to be more proactive they end up rambling about f***ing nothing while other assholes nod in approval. After such meetings a human or 2 usually approaches me and states how useless the meeting was once again

Awesome and Epic are #1 and #2 in my book...

Also "yes" in my house by my daughter. If someone falls down on tv, "YEEEEESSSSS" - she uses it way too much... and before any of you sick bastards say anything... she's 12.

She's getting close to the age where "no" is a word she should be using increasingly more frequently.

• Like 2

I hate "reach out" used in corporate speak context. As in "we'll reach out again and try to see if they'll agree to approve the plan with this modification." One of my very favorite co-workers uses that frequently, though; she's fantastic to work with so I overlook it.

Proactive. Dumbest "corporate speak" word ever invented. "In favor of action" means nothing. They use it to mean taking preemptive action, which is different. In any event, I hear that word at least 10 times every day.

It's always some asshole in my team of co-workers that says it too. When I ask them for specifics on how to be more proactive they end up rambling about f***ing nothing while other assholes nod in approval. After such meetings a human or 2 usually approaches me and states how useless the meeting was once again

When I hear that word it makes me think of Invasion of the Body Snatchers. It's a a dead giveaway that the speaker has drank the corporate Kool Aid.

Like dude, come on, this thread is so not awesome.

YOLO

WHAT THE HELL IS YOLO? I see it everywhere and have no idea what it means.

I'm so out of the loop. I'm going to Google now...

Oh Lord.

F-ing-ass teenagers.

Edited by gangsterfurious

YOLO

WHAT THE HELL IS YOLO? I see it everywhere and have no idea what it means.

I'm so out of the loop. I'm going to Google now...

Oh Lord.

F-ing-ass teenagers.

I hate it when people use this as an excuse to do dumb crap.

Although I do say just to irritate every once in a while.

Edited by default236

DEFINITELY NOT SAFE FOR WORK OR FAMILY!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0od7spyth_I

Edited by laughedatbytime