Hemispheres

Pound of Obscure

Glad you folks like it so much. I will agree its a good album. Perhaps even very good. But their are plenty of better albums out there. Which ones you ask? In my opinion all of the following are superior:

FBN

AFTK

Permanent Waves

Moving Pictures

Signals

Grace Under Pressure

Power Windows

HYF

Presto

Counterparts

When you compare it to whats left of the Rush catalog (ST, CoS, RTB, T4E, VT, & S & A) that clearly leaves it among the bottom Rush albums. I did not mention Clockwork Angles as I am still digesting that work (Rush albums are like fine wine - to be slowly savored, and in my case it can take years before I really can settle in with them and comfortably rank them).

The second side of Hemispheres is great. Its just the first side that does not do much for me. Its not horrible but it just does nothing really positive for me. Mostly its just there. Its ok but I don't really get into it.

Overall its better than most music out there (it is Rush after all) but its not among the best of Rush's work. Not even close.

One other point. There are plenty of non Rush albums that I prefer to it. The list includes (to mention a few):

Streets and Hall of the Mountain King (Savatage)

High n Dry & Pyromania (Def Leppard)

Powerslave (Iron Maiden)

Who's Next (The Who)

Screaming for Vengeance & British Steel (Priest)

Again, it better than 99%+ of the music out there (it is Rush after all!!!) but for my ears their is plenty of better work out there.

Did you really just put High n Dry and Pyromania above Hemispheres? Seriously?

He is not a very good person. :P

There are Two magical moments on Hemispheres:

1) "Then all at once the chaos ceased....."

2) The Red Barchettaesq false harmonic build.....

I think I know which part you're talking about...not sure what you mean by false harmonic, though.

My bad: Just "harmonics". It's been a while since I talked guitar techniques.....;)

Glad you folks like it so much. I will agree its a good album. Perhaps even very good. But their are plenty of better albums out there. Which ones you ask? In my opinion all of the following are superior:

FBN

AFTK

Permanent Waves

Moving Pictures

Signals

Grace Under Pressure

Power Windows

HYF

Presto

Counterparts

When you compare it to whats left of the Rush catalog (ST, CoS, RTB, T4E, VT, & S & A) that clearly leaves it among the bottom Rush albums. I did not mention Clockwork Angles as I am still digesting that work (Rush albums are like fine wine - to be slowly savored, and in my case it can take years before I really can settle in with them and comfortably rank them).

The second side of Hemispheres is great. Its just the first side that does not do much for me. Its not horrible but it just does nothing really positive for me. Mostly its just there. Its ok but I don't really get into it.

Overall its better than most music out there (it is Rush after all) but its not among the best of Rush's work. Not even close.

One other point. There are plenty of non Rush albums that I prefer to it. The list includes (to mention a few):

Powerslave (Iron Maiden)

Who's Next (The Who)

Again, it better than 99%+ of the music out there (it is Rush after all!!!) but for my ears their is plenty of better work out there.

Did you really just put High n Dry and Pyromania above Hemispheres? Seriously?

Ranked based on what I prefer to listen to, yes I did.

Now if side 1 of Hemispheres was as good as side 2 that would not be the case. Sadly side 1, although not bad, just does not do much for me so the album overall takes a real hit. Plus High n Dry and Pyromania are 2 kick ass albums.

FBN

AFTK

Permanent Waves

Moving Pictures

Signals

Grace Under Pressure

Power Windows

HYF

Presto

Counterparts

Powerslave (Iron Maiden)

Who's Next (The Who)

I admit I'm not exactly one to talk :eyeroll: , but I think that a simple "It's not among my favorites" would have sufficed.

• Like 2

It's perfection.........my god I Segued.

Ahhhhh......better

Mick

I AM STILL WAITING FOR THIS TO HAPPEN AGAIN!

I used to really LOVE this album, but it fell off my radar and now...its...just...meh...

Ahhhhh......better

Mick

I used to really LOVE this album, but it fell off my radar and now...its...just...meh...

work on it........you my friend are missing out........whether you know it or not, lol

Mick

Ahhhhh......better

Mick

work on it........you my friend are missing out........whether you know it or not, lol

Mick

Two words:

Vapor Trails.

Ahhhhh......better

Mick

Mick

Two words:

Vapor Trails.

I tried extra hard over the past month.....ask Narpski. I hate it more then ever.

I shall rest it a while........try again.

Mick

• Like 1

Ahhhhh......better

Mick

Mick

Two words:

Vapor Trails.

I tried extra hard over the past month.....ask Narpski. I hate it more then ever.

I shall rest it a while........try again.

Mick

:madra:
  • Like 1