Hemispheres

Pound of Obscure

It's perfection.........my god I Segued.

Ahhhhh......better

Mick

I AM STILL WAITING FOR THIS TO HAPPEN AGAIN!

I used to really LOVE this album, but it fell off my radar and now...its...just...meh...

work on it........you my friend are missing out........whether you know it or not, lol

Mick

Two words:

Vapor Trails.

I tried extra hard over the past month.....ask Narpski. I hate it more then ever.

I shall rest it a while........try again.

Mick

Well then at least I can say I really really like Hemispheres. But considering how many Rush albums I LOVE like just isn't good enough...

...maybe I should have another marathon.

• Like 1

I tried extra hard over the past month...... I hate it more then ever.

:LOL: Yes, I know what that's like.

:LOL:

Yea......I think VT may be one of the most unlikable albums ever recorded. Well........we'll see what happens.

Mick

Yea......I think VT may be one of the most unlikable albums ever recorded. Well........we'll see what happens.

Mick

I wasn't referring to VT. :LOL:

Mick

I wasn't referring to VT. :LOL:

LMAO.....oh i know......i was just telling ya.

Mick

• Like 1

Ok so now playing the album a second time. I hear finally what you all go on about!

Flip me the title track is phenomenal! It is beyond anything else I have ever heard in the rock world! No wonder it has taken me so long to get my head around this mammoth beauty. And Geddy just sings so beautifully. At last I get it. I get it. I GET IT!

I AM LOVING EVERY SECOND!

• Like 4

Ok so now playing the album a second time. I hear finally what you all go on about!

Flip me the title track is phenomenal! It is beyond anything else I have ever heard in the rock world! No wonder it has taken me so long to get my head around this mammoth beauty. And Geddy just sings so beautifully. At last I get it. I get it. I GET IT!

:clap:

We're running out of Hemispheres slammers here...

Disk98, where are you?

Edited by len(songs)

THE SEGUE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ebert: finally you're talking sense. welcome home, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

Played it all twice in a row. Its gone from 11 straight to number one. Flip me it is GORGEOUS!

• Like 2

Mick

Played it all twice in a row. Its gone from 11 straight to number one. Flip me it is GORGEOUS!

I knew you would come around. Yay! :D

• Like 2

Given how subjective music (and all art) is, I have a hard time classifying anything as being `my favourite´. At any one moment, I may enjoy Hemispheres more than the other records, the next while I might be all about Fly by Night.

I think that Hemisphres was a great place for RUSH to leave the 20-min epic songs behind. There are many stellar moments in the song, but to me it doesn´t have the same thrust or relentless energy of 2112. La Villa still ranks as THE instrumental (alongside YYZ) to which all should be compared, The Trees carries on from the sound world of Kings (in my opinion) and Circumstances is just a great rock song from Rush. It´s merely the title track which in many ways bogs the album down.

Would I trade Hemispheres for something from another band? Definitely not, as the sheer effort of creativity is exceptional. But a little more rein on the creativity and a little more flow and less repetition would have made the title track much better.

Given how subjective music (and all art) is, I have a hard time classifying anything as being `my favourite´. At any one moment, I may enjoy Hemispheres more than the other records, the next while I might be all about Fly by Night.

I think that Hemisphres was a great place for RUSH to leave the 20-min epic songs behind. There are many stellar moments in the song, but to me it doesn´t have the same thrust or relentless energy of 2112. La Villa still ranks as THE instrumental (alongside YYZ) to which all should be compared, The Trees carries on from the sound world of Kings (in my opinion) and Circumstances is just a great rock song from Rush. It´s merely the title track which in many ways bogs the album down.

Would I trade Hemispheres for something from another band? Definitely not, as the sheer effort of creativity is exceptional. But a little more rein on the creativity and a little more flow and less repetition would have made the title track much better.

Maybe you need a Segue moment...

• Like 3

Those who are having trouble warming up to Hemispheres should try listening to the red vinyl LP version. You stare at the spinning red disc and just lose yourself. It will make a convert of you.