2013-14 NFL Season Thread

laughedatbytime

Hall of Fame Game, Cowboys v Dolphins, it's Tannehill's chance to show Tony Romo how a real NFL quarterback does it...

I was at the Rush show tonight so I missed the game. I have to drive back home tomorrow and will likely not watch till Tuesday. Until then I will avoid spoilers. :)

It was :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

:yes: They all are(HOF game) but at least it was a close snore fest! As a kid back in the 70's my dad would take me roasting out in the sun ( the game would start around 3pm) ..Back when the seating was aluminum benches at Fawcett talk about the frying pan effect!!! :LOL: Edited by softfilter

GO HAWKS!!

I've been counting down the days to the start of this season!

Even without Harvin, this is our year.

• Like 1

GO HAWKS!!

http://www.csmonitor.com/var/ezflow_site/storage/images/media/content/2013/1-14-13-colin-kaepernick/14755205-1-eng-US/1-14-13-Colin-Kaepernick_full_600.jpg

GO HAWKS!!

:hi: :cheers:

Kenbrell Thompkins and Zach Sudfeld are getting a lot of praise out of Patriots training camp. But the bigger (and better) story is that Stevan Ridley and LeGarrette Blount have looked great.

The defense still doesn't look like it will be good at rushing the quarterback. How many years are we going to do this?

Kenbrell Thompkins and Zach Sudfeld are getting a lot of praise out of Patriots training camp. But the bigger (and better) story is that Stevan Ridley and LeGarrette Blount have looked great.

The defense still doesn't look like it will be good at rushing the quarterback. How many years are we going to do this?

Oh you're a Pats fan are ya? Well just wait till the SAINTS play the Brady bunch this year! :madra:

Here's what happened last time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tV6i-jMl7c :madra:

:hi:

Oh you're a Pats fan are ya? Well just wait till the SAINTS play the Brady bunch this year! :madra:

Of course I'm a Patriots fan. I've lived in New England my whole life, and played football as kid and teenager.

I'm not too worried about the Saints beating the Patriots in Foxboro.

Of course I'm a Patriots fan. I've lived in New England my whole life, and played football as kid and teenager.

I'm not too worried about the Saints beating the Patriots in Foxboro.

Well that's alright!

And now for something completely different:

:guitar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khLdVWXO9SU

Tom Brady leaves practice with apparent knee injury

Any Tom Brady injury news is big news. It remains to be seen if Wednesday's developments qualify as a serious concern or just a brief scare for New England Patriots fans.

Brady left practice Wednesday with an apparent knee injury, according to multiple reporters on the scene. The Patriots are practicing against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in New England.

Greg Bedard of TheMMQB.com watched Brady grab his left knee, limp off, before briefly returning to the field. Brady reportedly did not look comfortable and then had the knee checked out by trainers. Ben Volin of the Boston Globe watched a fan video that shows left tackle Nate Solder getting pushed back into Brady's knee.

After talking with coach Bill Belichick and offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels, Brady left the field. Brady tore his left ACL in Week 1 of the 2008 season.

We'll let you know more on the injury throughout the day. In the meantime, Ryan Mallett and Tim Tebow will get some extra practice snaps.

Well, last night's practice game against the Detroit Lions was, ahem, "interesting."

During the practice I was reminded of a great quote from Bill Parcells when he was the Patriots' head coach. "My backs are going to hold on to the football. Or they'll be someone else's backs."

:facepalm:

Well, last night's practice game against the Detroit Lions was, ahem, "interesting."

During the practice I was reminded of a great quote from Bill Parcells when he was the Patriots' head coach. "My backs are going to hold on to the football. Or they'll be someone else's backs."

Preseason means nothing. Pats will still be one of the teams who are there or thereabouts at the end of December.

The last time the Patriots lost a preseason game by 30 or more points was 2004.

Let's hope history doesn't repeat. ;)

The last time the Patriots lost a preseason game by 30 or more points was 2004.

Let's hope history doesn't repeat. ;)

That was also the last time they had a truly punishing defense. That's not a coincidence.

Buffalo Bills quarterback Kevin Kolb suffered a concussion in Saturday's preseason loss to the Washington Redskins, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Per the source, the Bills are proceeding as if the concussion, which was termed "serious," could be career-ending.

Kolb will undergo a battery of tests and the Bills do not want to rush him back even if he can continue his career, the source told Schefter.

While diving for a first down in Saturday's game, Kolb was kneed in the helmet by a Redskins defender. He remained on the field for the final four plays of the drive before departing for the locker room with what the team called concussion-like symptoms.

Kolb, who turned 29 on Saturday, missed time in 2010 and 2012 with concussions, a history that has the Bills concerned.

The Bills are already without rookie EJ Manuel, who underwent a minor procedure on his left knee last week.

On Sunday, the Bills signed veteran quarterback Matt Leinart and traded with the Detroit Lions for backup quarterback Thad Lewis.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/story/_/id/9600221/kevin-kolb-buffalo-bills-concussion-source-says

Edited by laughedatbytime

Kevin Kolb should just retire and move on with his life. He was once predicted to be a really good QB, but too may blows to the head and being stuck on lousy teams have ruined his career.

Kevin Kolb should just retire and move on with his life. He was once predicted to be a really good QB, but too may blows to the head and being stuck on lousy teams have ruined his career.

I doubt he'll have the chance not to (retire).

Undrafted rookie free agent Jeff Tuel starts the opener for the Bills at QB. One guess as to who they're playing.

Undrafted rookie free agent Jeff Tuel starts the opener for the Bills at QB. One guess as to who they're playing.

He'll probably be known as Jeff Tool after that game...

Why? Because the score will be 46 and 2?