2nd Leg less than a month away

losingit2k

I'd love them to drop a couple of songs from CA, but can't think they'll change much at all, if anything. It's the second leg of the same tour after all - it's not a different tour, and it's not just a case of switching music, but it also involves lights being reprogrammed, as well as the videos plus and pyro etc etc.

That's my question: Has Rush ever changed the setlist for the second leg of a tour, before?

On several "album tours" for which there's been a second leg, they've made maybe 2-4 changes to the setlist. On the second leg of the Snakes & Arrows tour, they swapped out Entre Nous, Secret Touch, Circumstances, and Distant Early Warning, and replaced them with Ghost of a Chance, Red Barchetta, The Trees, and 2112 Overture/Temples.

I don't know if they'll make any swap-outs for CA leg #2, since they seemed to enjoy their alternating A/B setlists on the first leg. My one hope is to hear Middletown Dreams at my one Leg 2 show (SPAC), since both of my shows from the first leg (Bridgeport and Buffalo) were variations of Night A (one with Body Electric and the other with Limelight).

I'd love them to drop a couple of songs from CA, but can't think they'll change much at all, if anything. It's the second leg of the same tour after all - it's not a different tour, and it's not just a case of switching music, but it also involves lights being reprogrammed, as well as the videos plus and pyro etc etc.

That's my question: Has Rush ever changed the setlist for the second leg of a tour, before?

Yes! During the 2nd leg of the Snakes And Arrows Tour, they tweeked and added:

Ghost of a Chance, Red Barchetta, The Trees, Distant Early Warnings and 2112 O/T.

So "Anything Can Happen!"

:codger:

Distant Early Warning was actually added on the first leg - 7/4 @ Darrien Lake.

I didn't get Manhattan Project (a huge fav of mine btw) and Seven Cities last time so hoping if there aren't any changes I get that rotation this time around. That said I think they work Limelight in every night this time and maybe drop one PoW song. Could also see Driven for something as well (Force Ten maybe......that would be a really good spot for it. It would also be an excellent show opener IMO but likely would never be used as it doesn't have the casual fan recognition factor their openers have. Edited by driventotheedge
  • Like 1

I would be thrilled if they changed up the setlist a little on the second leg. I saw them twice the first leg and it would be nice just to shake things up a bit.
  • Like 1

I didn't get Manhattan Project (a huge fav of mine btw) and Seven Cities last time so hoping if there aren't any changes I get that rotation this time around. That said I think they work Limelight in every night this time and maybe drop one PoW song. Could also see Driven for something as well (Force Ten maybe......that would be a really good spot for it. It would also be an excellent show opener IMO but likely would never be used as it doesn't have the casual fan recognition factor their openers have.

I agree, I think Force Ten should be the first to go in the first set. Maybe replace it with Turn The Page or Cut to the Chase?

Edited by losingit2k

I'm not expecting them to dump anything from the first leg except maybe among the songs that were already being shuffled around. Although they had an a and b list, I think in reality there were a few other slight variations, so if we're lucky they might throw a surprise in on occasion again.

Yeah, luckily I got to see consecutive nights, so I got to hear one of my favorites, Bravado, and I also got Seven Cities of Gold. I wish they wouldn't have opened with Subdivisions, though. I almost fainted.
  • Like 1

I didn't get Manhattan Project (a huge fav of mine btw) and Seven Cities last time so hoping if there aren't any changes I get that rotation this time around. That said I think they work Limelight in every night this time and maybe drop one PoW song. Could also see Driven for something as well (Force Ten maybe......that would be a really good spot for it. It would also be an excellent show opener IMO but likely would never be used as it doesn't have the casual fan recognition factor their openers have.

I agree, I think Force Ten should be the first to go in the first set. Maybe replace it with Turn The Page or Cut to the Chase?

Would LOVE Cut To The Chase!

Would LOVE Cut To The Chase!

You know out of all the unplayed RUSH songs, I think Cut to the Chase is the only one that really surprises me towards never seeing the any time in the Limelight. Well That and Losing It, Different Strings, Tears, Alien Shore, Open Secret, Chain Lighning, Vapor Trail, Sweet Miracle and Available Light! :laughing guy:

If anything I would like to see Emotion Detector and Prime Mover take the first alternator. It would be a great continuation of vault songs in a fitting slot. Also, obviously losing it would be nice, but to hear Xanadu with strings would be awesome. Also finaly I would not mind hearing Marathon again, possibly taking Manhattans place, or a spot in the encore.

Aw Really, I think Force Ten fits perfectly in the trifecta of 80s album openers. If anything I think the song to be replaced would be The Body electric or Halo Effect, or maybe red sector A

• Like 1

Aw Really, I think Force Ten fits perfectly in the trifecta of 80s album openers. If anything I think the song to be replaced would be The Body electric or Halo Effect, or maybe red sector A

Oh I agree. Go ahead and Add Bravado/ The Pass to the list and replaced them all with (Turn The Page, Kid Gloves, The Weapon, Show Don't Tell/ Test For Echo, BU2B, Losing It, And Distant Early Warnings)

:codger:

Basically This:

Set 1:

Sundivisions

The Big Money

Turn the Page

Grand Design

Kid Gloves/ Middletown Dreams

Territories / The Weapon

The Analog Kid

Show Don't Tell / Test For Echo

Where's My Thing?

Far Cry

Set 2:

Caravan

BU2B

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Carnies

Seven Cities of Gold

The Wreckers

Headlong Flight

The Garden

Losing It

Manhattan Project

The Percussor (drum Solo)

Distant Early Warning

YYZ

The Spirit of Radio

Encore:

Tom Sawyer

2112 O/T/F

:rush: :haz: :rush:

Edited by losingit2k

They're probably not gonna change anything, The boys seem pretty happy with what they're doing now and any changes would most likely just be minor tweaks to the order of songs/rotation schedules.

I mean, there is plenty of stuff I'd LIKE to hear (Natural Science, Natural Science, Natural Science etc) but, realistically speaking, they probably won't play any of that stuff. The main thing I'm worried about is that Middletown Dreams will not be played. Between the A/B alternation pattern and the constantly looming threat of Limelight*, the chances of Milwaukee getting MD is low.

Oh, and it would be cool if they played Natural Science, because I kind of like that song a little bit.

*I'm not saying that I dislike Limelight or anything, but I've heard it live before, give me something else!

• Like 1

They're probably not gonna change anything, The boys seem pretty happy with what they're doing now and any changes would most likely just be minor tweaks to the order of songs/rotation schedules.

I mean, there is plenty of stuff I'd LIKE to hear (Natural Science, Natural Science, Natural Science etc) but, realistically speaking, they probably won't play any of that stuff. The main thing I'm worried about is that Middletown Dreams will not be played. Between the A/B alternation pattern and the constantly looming threat of Limelight*, the chances of Milwaukee getting MD is low.

Oh, and it would be cool if they played Natural Science, because I kind of like that song a little bit.

*I'm not saying that I dislike Limelight or anything, but I've heard it live before, give me something else!

Ask and you shall receive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgfJovz5_fE

I know! I became a fan 1 tour too late!

• Like 1

Sorry to hear! They might play it again don't give up hope. Put it this way theres probably a better chance that we'll see Natural Science again before we ever get to see Losing It Live.

:boohoo:

Sorry to hear! They might play it again don't give up hope. Put it this way there's probably a better chance that we'll see Natural Science again before we ever get to see Losing It Live.

:boohoo:

That's a bummer. Losing It is such a beautiful song. I guess the boys thought that it was too much of a downer or something.

• Like 1

I'd have to agree with you on this one. From the show I saw in Philly, they were pretty happy playing songs like Middletown Dreams, Territories, and Grand Designs. Although I wouldn't mind them changing the first set up a bit, I'm more than fine hearing some Power Windows stuff again.

• Like 1

I predict the following...

* TWO song changes (2 songs dropped and replaced with 2 songs not played on the 2012 leg)

* The band will continue the A / B (/C?) setlist rotation

Edited by ALifeson85