2nd Leg less than a month away

losingit2k

The next leg of the Clockwork Angels is less than a month away. Will we get any surprises in the setlist?

I'm still holding a candle for Losing It!

:(

What one song are you hoping finds it way unto the setlist?

:huh:

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 1

Yes sir we will have a suprise or three. I predict the boys will stick Cygnus X 1 & 2 in the setlist. Then Jacobs Ladder will find its way in there...however, the band will finally stick Losing It in there and dedicate the song each night to the biggest fan ever—L2K
  • Like 1

Definitely do NOT want to hear Losing It. Sorry, I know I'm in the minority. Love the song - I just don't think it would be that good live. I'll be at the first show and somehow keep everyone (who wants to know, that is) in the loop as to what the surprises are.

I'll take any of the five (never been played before cuts)

The Big Wheel

Chain Lightning

Cut to the Chase

Vapor Trails (and I actually hate the album - but love the song)

The Color of Right (have they done this one? didn't see the T4E tour.....)

Clem

Edited by clem
  • Like 1

Here's my "wish list" for the 2013 leg (includes A / B alternates). . . .

Set 1

Subdivisions

Marathon / The Big Money

Turn The Page

Grand Designs

Cut To The Chase / Cold Fire

Analog Kid

The Pass

The Enemy Within / Afterimage

Lock & Key

Where's My Thing? - Drum Solo Pt.1

Limelight

-intermission-

Set 2

Caravan

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Carnies

The Wreckers

Headlong Flight

The Garden

Show Don't Tell

-Drum Solo Pt.2-

Red Sector A

The Trees

Xanadu

YYZ

Tom Sawyer

Encore

Jacob's Ladder

The Spirit of Radio

---------------------------------------

Pretty solid setlist, if you ask ME!! :madra:

• Like 2

I have learned never to hold my breath when it comes to setlists of any bands- they play what they play lol.

But if I EVER see Xanadu live, I just might die.

• Like 2

Here's my "wish list" for the 2013 leg (includes A / B alternates). . . .

Set 1

Subdivisions

Marathon / The Big Money

Turn The Page

Grand Designs

Cut To The Chase / Cold Fire

Analog Kid

The Pass

The Enemy Within / Afterimage

Lock & Key

Where's My Thing? - Drum Solo Pt.1

Limelight

-intermission-

Set 2

Caravan

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Carnies

The Wreckers

Headlong Flight

The Garden

Show Don't Tell

-Drum Solo Pt.2-

Red Sector A

The Trees

Xanadu

YYZ

Tom Sawyer

Encore

Jacob's Ladder

The Spirit of Radio

---------------------------------------

Pretty solid setlist, if you ask ME!! :madra:

Yes indeed!

:dweez: :chickendance: :dweez:

• Like 1

I have learned never to hold my breath when it comes to setlists of any bands- they play what they play lol.

Remember to have a defibrillator handy or at least a big stick!

:beathorse:

• Like 1

Yeah, that would be awesome! And with the double necks!! :drool: :drool:

• Like 3

I could see them alternating a few of the synth-era tunes. maybe sticking in kid gloves or between the wheels or something instead of body electric and red sector A...who knows. I'll find out soon enough
  • Like 1

Yes sir we will have a suprise or three. I predict the boys will stick Cygnus X 1 & 2 in the setlist. Then Jacobs Ladder will find its way in there...however, the band will finally stick Losing It in there and dedicate the song each night to the biggest fan ever—L2K

Why are you call me fat?

:rage:

• Like 1

I could see them alternating a few of the synth-era tunes. maybe sticking in kid gloves or between the wheels or something instead of body electric and red sector A...who knows. I'll find out soon enough

You know Between the Wheels would sound awesome with string in place of Red Sector A! I can see them exchanging Kid Gloves for The Body Electric very easily as you mentioned.

:drool:

• Like 2

yea and personally I hope they drop force ten...good tune, but when I realized I was standing in a crowd of 12,000 people playing air-jackhammer, I was like "damn maybe turn the page will work instead?"
  • Like 2

:no: :no:

They can take out anything except Red Sector A...it's my favorite song!!! :scared: :scared:

• Like 1

Why are you call me fat?

:rage:

not fat—fluffy:)
  • Like 1

yea and personally I hope they drop force ten...good tune, but when I realized I was standing in a crowd of 12,000 people playing air-jackhammer, I was like "damn maybe turn the page will work instead?"

Yeah Turn the Page is the one song well besides Open Secret, and Lock and Key that I would want to see retrun from HYF.

:drool:

I'd love them to drop a couple of songs from CA, but can't think they'll change much at all, if anything. It's the second leg of the same tour after all - it's not a different tour, and it's not just a case of switching music, but it also involves lights being reprogrammed, as well as the videos plus and pyro etc etc.

I hope they do the alternate thing as I am seeing them on both Florida shows and Middletown Dreams for me is a bucket list song.

I only saw the pre-Power Windows version on the Power Windows Warm up tour in 1985. I love that song.

I love the setlist.....they can play the same stuff as on first leg and I would be thrilled. Such a stout show top to bottom.

I'd love them to drop a couple of songs from CA, but can't think they'll change much at all, if anything. It's the second leg of the same tour after all - it's not a different tour, and it's not just a case of switching music, but it also involves lights being reprogrammed, as well as the videos plus and pyro etc etc.

That's my question: Has Rush ever changed the setlist for the second leg of a tour, before?

Yeah, that would be awesome! And with the double necks!! :drool: :drool:

I remember seeing the A Farewell To Kings tour in '78. When they played Xanadu with the double-necks, for a 16 year old kid, it was THE coolest thing I had ever seen. Maybe even to this day... and get this - I'm not even .0001% gay, but I gotta tell you, I walked out of that arena with a "full on" boner!

That's my question: Has Rush ever changed the setlist for the second leg of a tour, before?

Yes! During the 2nd leg of the Snakes And Arrows Tour, they tweeked and added:

Ghost of a Chance, Red Barchetta, The Trees, Distant Early Warnings and 2112 O/T.

So "Anything Can Happen!"

:codger: