Rolling Stone - Dave Grohl might play with Rush during RRHOF induction

Powderfinger

Cool.

And: "I can see Chuck D rapping something and Flavor Flav doing something with the guys from Rush onstage," says Peresman.

RTB anyone?

I expect many conservative fans heads exploding after this event. :LOL:

I'd love to see everyone singing and playing a Rush song! That would be awesome! :haz:

Dave Grohl? Sure. Ann and Nancy killed it for Zeppelin at the Kennedy Honors. Why not let others do the same for Rush?

NO! Especially not if he sings - I might actually like the Foofuckers if it weren't for Grohl's voice.

Why ? Does Neil plan Not to show up ? Memo to Dave , You have Overstayed your welcome as far as i am concerned . Please go away, you really Don't have to play with Everybody . Go count your money and leave Rush alone
  • Like 3

Isn't it interesting how now that Rush is going into the RRHOF Rolling Stone is falling all over themselves to kiss their collective ass? Guess what RS? We didn't forget the years of ignorance and abuse. The only use I'd have for Rolling Stone magazine is if I ran out of toilet paper. Edited by rushgoober
  • Like 1

I don't think it'd be that bad to have Grohl playing rhythm guitar and singing backup vocals on a tune. What I CAN imagine even more is Chuck D rapping to a few parts of Tom Sawyer...and I'm not even a hiphop fan. If anyone should rap to a Rush song I'd choose him AND I'd choose Tom Sawyer (especially for that event).
  • Like 3

Isn't it interesting how now that Rush is going into the RRHOF Rolling Stone is falling all over themselves to kiss their collective ass? Guess what RS? We didn't forget the years of ignorance and abuse. The only use I'd have for Rolling Stone magazine is if I ran out of toilet paper.

In all fairness, I'm thinking a lot of the old guard at RS are gone, replaced with younger , cooler, more well rounded types . Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan , but I'm sure a lot of current RS writers are aware of past ones ignorance.

Isn't it interesting how now that Rush is going into the RRHOF Rolling Stone is falling all over themselves to kiss their collective ass? Guess what RS? We didn't forget the years of ignorance and abuse. The only use I'd have for Rolling Stone magazine is if I ran out of toilet paper.

In all fairness, I'm thinking a lot of the old guard at RS are gone, replaced with younger , cooler, more well rounded types . Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan , but I'm sure a lot of current RS writers are aware of past ones ignorance.

You're too nice. I was thinking that Rush has been in the limelight a lot more in the last couple of years so it's only natural that the bandwagon, suck-up, elitist maggot writers at RS would be there to interview the band

• Like 2

You're too nice. I was thinking that Rush has been in the limelight a lot more in the last couple of years so it's only natural that the bandwagon, suck-up, elitist maggot writers at RS would be there to interview the band

Oh, you guys are considered cool now (no thanks to us), bend over and drop 'em so we can pucker up! http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/images/smilies/kissass.gif

Cool.

And: "I can see Chuck D rapping something and Flavor Flav doing something with the guys from Rush onstage," says Peresman.

RTB anyone?

I expect many conservative fans heads exploding after this event. :LOL:

I'm open minded enough to enjoy that!!! Some Rush fans can be to much on the defensive and overly sensitive. Now that i think about it RTB might be a little to cheesy Tom Sawyer would be cool to hear in a Public Enemy reunion onstage with Rush. Why not it's suppose to be a celebration have fun!! :7up:
  • Like 1

I have zero problem with Dave and Taylor joining the boys for a song.. that is what they do at the RnRHoF induction show.. the inductees are hooked up with influential bands that THEY influenced for a song.
  • Like 2

Failed attempts at Super Bowl "half time" have not taught everyone a lesson?

Remember Aerosmith a few years back. They paired them with some silly R&B singers and it sounded like crap. Ruined it for me.

Let Rush do their music without the annoying influences of the other attendees.

This night will be for them. This night has been long coming. Let Rush perform for us, not them.

• Like 3

Does anybody else here think Dave Grohl is kind of overrated?

YES.

• Like 2

:yes:

I don't think it'd be that bad to have Grohl playing rhythm guitar and singing backup vocals on a tune. What I CAN imagine even more is Chuck D rapping to a few parts of Tom Sawyer...and I'm not even a hiphop fan. If anyone should rap to a Rush song I'd choose him AND I'd choose Tom Sawyer (especially for that event).

Scarily enough, I can totally imagine Chuck D rapping Tom Sawyer, and picture the guys in Rush grinning. This idea gets my vote :yes:

Yeah but to be honest I think Grohl and the Foo Fighters have liked and respected Rush long before RS got their heads out of their asses.

Does anybody else here think Dave Grohl is kind of overrated?

Not if you never really expected anything more from him other than a mediocre drummer and backup singer.

• Like 1

Scarily enough, I can totally imagine Chuck D rapping Tom Sawyer, and picture the guys in Rush grinning. This idea gets my vote :yes:

I absolutely believe we'll see SOMETHING with RUSH/PE and RUSH/Heart

I think it would be SWEET to not only see Chuck D. taking a verse and styling it his way.. but we gotta have a Flava Flav "YEAH BOYYYYYYYY!" somewhere.. maybe at the end of the Freewill break? Alex's Limelight solo? I can only hope it's NOT the RTB rap.. not only is that too obvious, it isn't appropriate for the HoF show IMO.

I absolutely believe we'll see SOMETHING with RUSH/PE and RUSH/Heart

I think it would be SWEET to not only see Chuck D. taking a verse and styling it his way.. but we gotta have a Flava Flav "YEAH BOYYYYYYYY!" somewhere.. maybe at the end of the Freewill break? Alex's Limelight solo? I can only hope it's NOT the RTB rap.. not only is that too obvious, it isn't appropriate for the HoF show IMO.

A hip hopped TS would be a natural. RTB could work, sped up. Hey, if you invite Rush to the party, then expect Rush to be Rush. As far as Heart, maybe Ann Wilson could sing Anthem with Rush, or something really old like that. So many possibilities. I bet Rush wishes they never got in :LOL: