New Queensryche song - Redemption

Just to be clear, this is the sans-Geoff version of Queensryche. And what an awesome song!!! It sounds like I have been wishing they sounded for almost 10 years. Todd´s voice is exactly like Geoff´s, and it seems to be the first case of balls transplant in music history. Check it out: http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/queensryche-release-first-track-with-todd-la-torre/

Great tune , best stuff since Promised Land imo
  • Like 1

Meh. The vocals are good, which I knew they would be. It's better than Dedicated to Chaos material and such, but it's a pretty standard riff with a mediocre solo and a less than memorable chorus. I'd still rather listen to Fear City Slide.

Still, it sounds better than the samples for Tate's new record with his version of QR, but I'm not going to look at Redemption with rose-coloured glasses. It's an okay song, but I hope there are much better on the album. I'm not ready to praise these kinds of songs just because Tate's a douche.

way better than the Abomination that is Tate's version of QR.

Waaaaaay better. And the chorus is awesome, I´ve had a lunch break 30 mins ago and can´t stop listening to this song since I came back.

I just listened to the Taintryche samples and LOOOOOOOOOOLOLOLOLOL. Listen to the re-recordings of the old songs for the true laughs. GOOD GOD, MAN.

The guys in the real QR have gotta be laughing their asses off at this.

I wonder when the album will be coming out? http://saintsreport.com/forums/images/smilies/scratch.gif

June 10th

Yeah this is good, although the singer might be trying to be too much like Tate in his delivery...

I think thats exactly what the band wants though, a Tate clone. Just like when Ripper joined Priest.

That's a terrible idea if that's true. I'd rather it be Todd singing as Todd. I don't want to hear him try to be Tate in the Rage For Order era as Todd.

Yeah this is good, although the singer might be trying to be too much like Tate in his delivery...

I think thats exactly what the band wants though, a Tate clone. Just like when Ripper joined Priest.

That's a terrible idea if that's true. I'd rather it be Todd singing as Todd. I don't want to hear him try to be Tate in the Rage For Order era as Todd.

But he's singing a lot like Tate did on Empire with this new track. It's not an accident that he sounds so much like the Geoff Tate of old.

I know it sounds good, but the approach is totally wrong. If I want to hear Tate do old Rÿche tunes, I'll listen to the first five albums. I want to hear Todd sing new Rÿche tunes. It's like they recorded Tate's vocals from back in the day and slapped it over top of a modern recording. Blah.

Still glad Todd sounds powerful enough on the track, so there's nothing wrong with his skill, but I wanted something a bit more unique.