Surprised and Disappointed/Alex and Geddy Show No Class

pratt53

the OP needs to answer for his blatent flamethrowing and namecalling - Ged and Alex are very humble and appreciative guys.

I take issue with them being called "assholes"

What do you recommend? Torches and pitchforks, or will a stern talking to do? :madra: :P

http://www.inquisition-art.net/images/kazn/Koster/burning-01.jpg

http://emilyherron.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/p8220995.jpg

Burn the witch!

http://images.45cat.com/rush-witch-hunt-anthem.jpg

• Like 1

Rush usually picks the right words and is good at being politically correct. In this case, they may have chosen their words a little more carefully. They're best to just say "not my thing" and move on. The problem is that there are WAY WAY WAY too many people like the original poster that are so sensitive about every little thing said, and blows it up and scruitinizes it. You can't be honest anymore. Everything's about kissing ass and not offending people.

Rush didn't kiss her ass with their answer so now the vultures are circling...lol

• Like 1

Seriously?

Who knows? OP still has not provided any link to said story.

I found it, it's actually a legit story:

http://www.rushisaband.com/images/201303/2660.f.jpg

I like the rap story...

I better not describe how Alex banged Ann Wilson had I? :eh: :unsure:

Long before I ever heard of Rush, I was a big fan of Donna Summer in the late 1970s and I still am. I also liked disco. Whether anybody likes it or not, disco was a very valid form of pop music. Of course, it did eventually go over the top, but it was fun music and people of all ages liked it whether they want to admit or not.

Yeah. WTH Ged and Al!? I don't care if a certain genre ain't your thing but you have to show respect to talent. I for one loathe heavy metal and don't love to listen to it, but I'll respect any artist who has talent for the music they produce (or any artist no matter their venue).

You loathe heavy metal? You must love it and not know it because Rush ARE heavy metal, always have been! :blaze: :haz: :smoke:

Long before I ever heard of Rush, I was a big fan of Donna Summer in the late 1970s and I still am. I also liked disco. Whether anybody likes it or not, disco was a very valid form of pop music. Of course, it did eventually go over the top, but it was fun music and people of all ages liked it whether they want to admit or not.

Yeah. WTH Ged and Al!? I don't care if a certain genre ain't your thing but you have to show respect to talent. I for one loathe heavy metal and don't love to listen to it, but I'll respect any artist who has talent for the music they produce (or any artist no matter their venue).

:o Janie! Are you saying you'd respect the heavy metal genre that sings about raping children and mutilating their corpses, if they are otherwise talented? Not to compare that genre with disco- just trying to make a point.

Ged didn't say a word about Donna Summer. Yes, he was not respectful to the disco genre. Was he suppose to be? Was he suppose to give a phony answer? Or should it have went, LEE: No comment (takes long slow sip from water bottle and looks away). Alex praised her songs arrangements and her vocal ability. That was pretty respectful. Not too shabby when Rush is making off the cuff responses to the Queen of Disco entering a Rock n Roll HOF.

At the very worst, Alex and Geddy were making fun of their own prejudices against disco in the 70s. If you're so offended by the fact that they can laugh about that stuff 40 years later, then I don't know what to tell you. The original post is a major case of poor reading comprehension. I don't hear anyone up in arms over Alex joking that rush started rap music. What is different about this? The whole HOF thing has always been trivial to the band, and while they're gracious about not snubbing the event and award, they are still puzzled by the whole thing—for example pointing out that deep purple should have been inducted before they were, etc.

My advice to the OP and anyone else ticked off by the interviews: "get the sand out of your vagina and move on."

Seriously?

I like the rap story...

You had better describe it or else the op will be surprised and disappointed. Furthermore, if you do NOT describe it, it will show that you have no class

Seriously?

I like the rap story...

You had better describe it or else the op will be surprised and disappointed. Furthermore, if you do NOT describe it, it will show that you have no class

Anything taken out of context, and you can make gold seem like shit. Case in point OP's original premise. Al n Ged and their seeming dis of the Goddess of disco. And so...

Pix of Ann banging or GTFO

/close thread

Edited by BeOhBe Bob

That's classless? I am the ONLY person I know of that doesn't vomit when disco starts playing.

Here go have a :digi: :hotdog: :macallan: :bacon: ... Whatever you need to feel better.

• Like 2

I fail to see what is so bad about what they said. Rock and Disco were mortal enemies back then, they're right. And I don't think Alex was kidding about those compliments.

Agreed. They (rock and disco) were mortal enemies back then. No hard core rocker would have listened to that stuff if they could help it.

I find nothing wrong with what either one of them said. And I am at a loss as to why anyone is upset. Would you like some real problems? I could unload a few on you.

• Like 2

Seriously?

I like the rap story...

alex banged ann wilson?

Seriously?

I like the rap story...

alex banged ann wilson?

To say "banged" sounds so harsh. They made sweet love together, and she was the inspiration for the Rush song Alien Shore. Similarly, the Heart song What About Love was about her relationship with Geddy. I'm surprised this isn't more commonly known.

Oh, ok, I might have made up parts, or perhaps all of the above paragraph.

• Like 1

Seriously?

I like the rap story...

alex banged ann wilson?

To say "banged" sounds so harsh. They made sweet love together, and she was the inspiration for the Rush song Alien Shore. Similarly, the Heart song What About Love was about her relationship with Geddy. I'm surprised this isn't more commonly known.

Oh, ok, I might have made up parts, or perhaps all of the above paragraph.

Goobs is right. t-duck was a bit confused. It was actually Pratt that banged Nancy Wilson. The short-lived romance (or banging) inspired Rush's "Closer to the Heart" and Heart's "Barracuda". Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars

I always get a kick when I see people diss Rush and so many fans get o'ffended by it.

We were offended about the offended over much ado about information which

1. Is not that big a deal albeit not the best timing.

2. Context and here is the big question.

Did Rush even know that what they were saying was going to be used in this way in print? I know celebs have to be on guard for since what they say can be used in a negative way, which would not be a surprise since this is Rolling Stone we're talking about here.

I can't believe this thread made it to four pages. But some of you made it enjoyable, mercifully.

-The OP overreacts to a few offhand remarks about Donna Summer and asserts that Alex and Geddy "look like total assholes".

-The thread immediately goes off the rails.

I'm surprised it's not up to eight pages. ;)

I can't believe this thread made it to four pages. But some of you made it enjoyable, mercifully.

-The OP overreacts to a few offhand remarks about Donna Summer and asserts that Alex and Geddy "look like total assholes".

-The thread immediately goes off the rails.

I'm surprised it's not up to eight pages. ;)

the night is young. ;)