A Different Kind of Poll

Rod in Toronto

I don´t know where I saw this classification, but to me it´s a great way of avoiding conflicts because of your musical preferences. I´ll start with my opinion, and out of curiosity, can you name bands which:

1. You like, and they´re really good: Rush, Dream Theater, Van Halen;
  2. You like, but you know they´re not that good: Ramones, U2;
  3. You hate, but admit they´re really good: Pink Floyd, The Beatles;
  4. You hate, and they really suck: Sex Pistols

• Like 2

1. You like, and they´re really good: Rush, Paul Simon, Lyle Lovett, U2, Metallica, Van Hagar, now Marillion,and Jean Luc Ponty
  2. You like, but you know they´re not that good: Men at Work
  3. You hate, but admit they´re really good: Dream Theater
  4. You hate, and they really suck: King Crimson

1. You like, and they´re really good: Rush, Zep, The Clash, Queen, VdGG, VonHertzBros, Maiden, Saxon, Beatles, Stones, Beach Boys and so on
  2. You like, but you know they´re not that good: None, if I like a band, they're good
  3. You hate, but admit they´re really good: None, if I hate a band, they suck. See below.
  4. You hate, and they really suck: The Eagles

1. You like, and they´re really good: Rush, Paul Simon, Lyle Lovett, U2, Metallica, Van Hagar, now Marillion,and Jean Luc Ponty

Men At Work were f***ing awesome.

Men At Work were f***ing awesome.

I know...they didn't have much staying power but their albums were great...especially the first. What a great sound, what great songs...actually not a bad song in the batch

Hey, I quite liked Men At Work too, and would rate is just as TM did...

I read somewhere that they lost all the money they got for Down Under due to a copyright claim. Can you imagine that? Your only shot at a global hit, and suddenly you cannot profit from it? They had some other good songs, but none of them as famous as DU.

• Like 1

1. You like, and they´re really good: Too long to list the qualifying bands.
  2. You like, but you know they´re not that good: A Flock of Seagulls
  3. You hate, but admit they´re really good: I don't hate them, I just don't "get it" - Dream Theater
  4. You hate, and they really suck: Bon Jovi

• Like 2

• You like, and they´re really good: Yes, Stratovarius, Dream Theater, Rush, Porcupine Tree
  • You like, but you know they´re not that good: Weezer, Stratovarius
  • You hate, but admit they´re really good: Eh, not sure.
  • You hate, and they really suck: Too many

Hate's a strong word though, and like too weak.

• You like, and they´re really good: Rush, Beatles, Deep Purple, Judas priest, Iron Maiden
  • You like, but you know they´re not that good: U2, Eagles, ELP, Triumph, April Wine, Neil Young
  • You hate, but admit they´re really good: The Clash, alot of the modern talented screamo bands
  • You hate, and they really suck: ^^^ see above

Love Lyle Lovett!

Also, Men at Work was an incredibly talented band, Colin Hay is a great songwriter.

• Like 1

Love Lyle Lovett!

Also, Men at Work was an incredibly talented band, Colin Hay is a great songwriter.

So a Lyle Lovett man? You are officially "cool"...Lyle is so amazing...he's a Texas treasure. What are your fav albums?
  • Like 1

Love Lyle Lovett!

So a Lyle Lovett man? You are officially "cool"...Lyle is so amazing...he's a Texas treasure. What are your fav albums?

My favourite Lyle Lovett album is "My Baby Don't Tolerate" followed closely by, "Joshua, Judges, Ruth".

If you haven't seen Lyle Pearce Lovett live, you really should the next time he tours.

I've seen him solo and acoustic and with John Hiatt.

His dry sense of humour and story telling is amazing.

My most favourite Lyle Lovett song is "In My Own Mind".

A great video, as well...

1. You like, and they´re really good: Rush,The Clash, Queen,Beatles,Tom Petty,Van Halen,Pearl Jam,Neil Young,Red Hot Chili Peppers,Prince,The Cars,The Who
  2. You like, but you know they´re not that good: Billy Joel,U2,Coldplay
  3. You hate, but admit they´re really good: None, if I hate a band, they suck. See below.
  4. You hate, and they really suck: top 40 acts of the past decade and a half,wuss rock bands like Maroon 5

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

Hey, I quite liked Men At Work too, and would rate is just as TM did...

I read somewhere that they lost all the money they got for Down Under due to a copyright claim.

The publisher that held the rights to the tune to "Kookaburra Sits in the Old Gum Tree" sued the group and won. The flute part in Down Under borrows pretty heavily from the tune.

Some say the decision killed Greg Ham.

I don´t know where I saw this classification, but to me it´s a great way of avoiding conflicts because of your musical preferences. I´ll start with my opinion, and out of curiosity, can you name bands which:

So spank me already - I like The Beatles..! :D

• Like 1

So spank me already - I like The Beatles..! :D

It´s ok to like them...the funny thing with The Beatles is that I always liked the covers people did of their songs, but not the originals...they sound rather dated.

Apart from synthetic pop music, my biggest dislike is Hair Metal. I'm at a loss to see the point of these bands and it pains me that the likes of Hatchet Pete likes utter wankstains like Whitesnake.

I was watching a doc about Metal and had to switch off when those preening poodle ladyboys came on. I mean, WTF??

Apart from synthetic pop music, my biggest dislike is Hair Metal. I'm at a loss to see the point of these bands and it pains me that the likes of Hatchet Pete likes utter wankstains like Whitesnake.

I was watching a doc about Metal and had to switch off when those preening poodle ladyboys came on. I mean, WTF??

http://files-cdn.formspring.me/photos/20120906/n50486b79ec52c.jpg

Who you calling a ladyboy?

http://files-cdn.formspring.me/photos/20120906/n50486b79ec52c.jpg

Who you calling a ladyboy?

Good Gawd! Who are they?! :o

I'm having difficulty with some of the premise of this thread. I can name a LOT of groups that I like and I think are really good, and a LOT of groups that I hate and think really suck, but I just don't have categories in my head like a group I like that I know isn't good ( :wtf: ), or a group I hate that I know is really good. (again, :wtf: ).

If I like them, I think they're good, and if I don't like them I wouldn't also think they were good? :unsure:

Maybe I'm just more opinionated than most people, or at least believe in them with more conviction than a lot of people? :huh:

Anyway, that said:

You hate, and they really suck: King Crimson

This is just all kinds of wrong. :facepalm: