Who wouldn't want a free cruise?

Lost In Xanadu

Just look what you have to do to earn it....

http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/elderly-disabled-struggling-carnival-cruise-ship-passenger/story?id=18486830

Elderly and disabled passengers aboard the fire-damaged Carnival Cruise ship in the Gulf of Mexico are struggling to cope with the worsening conditions, according to at least one passenger.

"Elderly and handicap are struggling, the smell is gross," passenger Ann Barlow text-messaged ABC News overnight. "Our room is leaking sewage."

The head of Carnival Cruise Lines said the British-U.S.-owned company was working hard to ensure the thousands of passengers stranded on the disabled ship were as comfortable as possible while the vessel was being towed to a port in Alabama.

What happened to the Titanic is reason enough for me to never want to go on a cruise. This story here just furthers my stance.

We went on a Disney Cruise in 2011, and it was so amazing. This story wouldn't deter me from another Disney cruise. Carnival is known as the "bargain" cruise line for a reason. No way in hell I would ever get on a Carnival ship.

What happened to the Titanic is reason enough for me to never want to go on a cruise. This story here just furthers my stance.

We went on a Disney Cruise in 2011, and it was so amazing. This story wouldn't deter me from another Disney cruise. Carnival is known as the "bargain" cruise line for a reason. No way in hell I would ever get on a Carnival ship.

I did a Carnival cruise a while back. It was nice. Food was amazing. I don't think I have ever seen so many fat people in one place before (or sense) in my life. Damn floating buffet. :LOL:

Never been on a cruise...Just my dads lobster boat. I think thats alot different tho. :eyeroll:

Arent the rooms like sardnine cans? haha

Not sure - my experience on the Disney cruise we did was not at all. It was a large, normal hotel sized room with a balcony. The room even had a bed that dropped from the ceiling for my daughter. It was really cool.

• Like 1

Never been on a cruise...Just my dads lobster boat. I think thats alot different tho. :eyeroll:

Arent the rooms like sardnine cans? haha

Not sure - my experience on the Disney cruise we did was not at all. It was a large, normal hotel sized room with a balcony. The room even had a bed that dropped from the ceiling for my daughter. It was really cool.

Sounds like fun then ! Disney's cuise is good !

Edited by Chicken hawk

any room with a window will cost more money. there's a lot of rooms on the "inside" of the halls too. i've been on several cruises, but none since about 1990. everything structure-wise felt plastic-y and collapse-able. not too secure feeling. anyways, the theory is that you won't be spending a lot of time in your room. unless you're in a more expensive honeymoon suite or something :)

I don't doubt going on a cruise would be a wonderful time. I just don't trust sea. When I was a kid I was swimming in a local public pool and some bully decided that he was gonna dunk my head under water and hold me down for a bit. Then he raised me up for a few seconds and then held me under again. I didn't like the feeling almost drowning gave me, so becasue of that you will never get me on any body of water unless it's a small backyard pool.

The kid was banned from the pool for doing that to me.

Edited by J2112YYZ

The thought of being on a floating island away from land with thousands would make me shiver . :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

Stranded in the middle of nowhere on a smelly damaged floating island surrounded by sea would, for me, require a straightjacket.

Expected to dock tonight at the earliest:

http://news.yahoo.com/coast-guard-disabled-cruise-ship-moving-again-203257767.html

The more than 4,000 people who left Galveston, Texas, a week ago were expected to make it to shore Thursday night at the earliest

Always wanted to go on a cruise until now! Just the thought of the possibility of being trapped in a hellhole with no escape gives me the creeps!!! No thanks!!!!

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/carnival-cruise-ship-trouble-sea/story?id=18735104

Another day, another Carnival cruise ship is having issues.

The company announced late Thursday night that the Carnival Legend, currently off the coast of Honduras, is unable to sail at its optimal speed because of a technical problem, forcing the ship to cut short passengers' vacation.

About 1,500 miles away, passengers onboard the Carnival Dream will be flown home rather than completing the remainder of their cruise back to Florida after their ship stalled at a dock in St. Maarten with a mechanical problem Wednesday.

No way in hell you will ever get me on a Carnival Cruise.

http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/carnival-cruise-ship-trouble-sea/story?id=18735104

The company announced late Thursday night that the Carnival Legend, currently off the coast of Honduras, is unable to sail at its optimal speed because of a technical problem, forcing the ship to cut short passengers' vacation.

About 1,500 miles away, passengers onboard the Carnival Dream will be flown home rather than completing the remainder of their cruise back to Florida after their ship stalled at a dock in St. Maarten with a mechanical problem Wednesday.

You don't have to worry about that. They're well on their way to self-extinction.

I have zero interest in taking a cruise. I think I was traumatized by all those insipid Love Boat episodes......

Meh, I took a cruise to Mexico, San Diego and Catalina once...The ship smelled like wet wash cloth and all there is to do is eat and watch horrific "entertainment.". The ports were fun, but I'd rather fly or drive.
  • Like 1

http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=18735104

You don't have to worry about that. They're well on their way to self-extinction.

I have zero interest in taking a cruise. I think I was traumatized by all those insipid Love Boat episodes......

Hummm...I think they'd better beef up their legal department if they haven't already...I can see all the lawsuits now! With all these problems lately, with all the lost revenues and customers' trust , I wouldn't be surprised if they go out of business...

http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=18735104

Hummm...I think they'd better beef up their legal department if they haven't already...I can see all the lawsuits now! With all these problems lately, with all the lost revenues and customers' trust , I wouldn't be surprised if they go out of business...

Suing is going to be difficult. There's a reason cruise ship companies domicile in places like the Bahamas and Liberia.