goose

Round 1 of WGC Match Play almost done... already some big names are eliminated. Bye bye to Ernie Els, Dustin Johnson, Keegan Bradley, and Jason Dufner, amongst others. The top 2 seeds, Rory McIlroy and Tiger Woods, are also eliminated. I hope Rory didn't make a mistake switching his clubs, but so far this year, he's not looking that good. As for Woods, he displayed some poor sportsmanship slamming his club down whenever he hit a bad shot. It was nice to see Charles Howell win the match.

^^^^ We could use some of that our way! Skiing is thin.

Although I did manage to get some golf in instead. 3 over :o . Miracles happen.

How'd you do on the second hole?

In an all USA final, with each player wearing a balaclava instead of the traditional golf cap, Matt Kuchar out-golfed Hunter Mahan in the final of the WGC Accenture match play. That's 1.5 million into Kuchar's bank account - no wonder he was smiling.

Every 2013 PGA tournament thus far has been won by an American golfer. Now, it's on to Florida for the Honda Classic.

^^^^ We could use some of that our way! Skiing is thin.

Although I did manage to get some golf in instead. 3 over :o . Miracles happen.

How'd you do on the second hole?

:LOL:

Round 1 of WGC Match Play almost done... already some big names are eliminated. Bye bye to Ernie Els, Dustin Johnson, Keegan Bradley, and Jason Dufner, amongst others. The top 2 seeds, Rory McIlroy and Tiger Woods, are also eliminated. I hope Rory didn't make a mistake switching his clubs, but so far this year, he's not looking that good. As for Woods, he displayed some poor sportsmanship slamming his club down whenever he hit a bad shot. It was nice to see Charles Howell win the match.

Woods being a bad sport, eh? As for Rory, I remember when Tiger had problems with his gear. Rory will adjust.

Kudos to Kuchar for the win! I wonder how many more years they'll continue with this format. Not much fun, really.

Fans of Tiger Woods will be happy with his win at the WGC-Cadillac at Doral. He should give Steve Stricker a reward for the putting lesson Steve gave him on Wednesday as that certainly was a big factor in the win. The Blue Monster course will now undergo renovations, with Donald Trump involved with the redesign financing.

It was nice to see Rory shoot 65 today. He's been in my dog house since loosing the first round of the match play 2 tournaments ago. Then he foolishly quit mid round last week at the Honda. He had to man up and admit he made a mistake. Hopefully he's fixed his issues and he's going to contend (and win) at the Masters.

Fans of Tiger Woods will be happy with his win at the WGC-Cadillac at Doral.

:hi:

Good to see him back in the swing of things (yuck!). 5 wins in the past year is tops in the PGA. He keeps that flatstick going and he'll be tough to beat.

Good to see him back in the swing of things (yuck!). 5 wins in the past year is tops in the PGA. He keeps that flatstick going and he'll be tough to beat.

So are the belly putters still allowed on tour?

So are the belly putters still allowed on tour?

Till 2016, I believe.

http://media.guelphmercury.com/images/83/a2/211477dc4039b8f74bcad1fdf596.jpg

Yep.....it magically makes all your troubles go away. Heals the sick, saves lives, finds your lost dog, brings back your ex-wi..........no, wait....... :oops:

Edited by Principled Man

Tiger to detractors... :moon:

Tiger to Lindsey... :ebert:

The 3 victories by Woods this year are on courses he's won on before... he may go back to struggling like he did at the Honda (just made the cut and not a factor on the weekend). that's what I'm hoping to see... Other players need to show up and bring their A game.

As for Lindsey - good luck to her.

The 3 victories by Woods this year are on courses he's won on before... he may go back to struggling like he did at the Honda (just made the cut and not a factor on the weekend). that's what I'm hoping to see... Other players need to show up and bring their A game.

As for Lindsey - good luck to her.

:laughing guy: Oh...I see. He'd won on the courses before. And others didn't have their A game. :laughing guy:
  • Like 1

:laughing guy: Oh...I see. He'd won on the courses before. And others didn't have their A game. :laughing guy:

LOL, i gave your response a like, Goose.. I heard some of the PGA players are wishing Steve Stricker wouldn't have given Woods that putting lesson...

LOL, i gave your response a like, Goose.. I heard some of the PGA players are wishing Steve Stricker wouldn't have given Woods that putting lesson...

No kidding! Blame Steve! Stats showed that it was Tiger's putting keeping him from scoring. He gets that thing going and he's the winning machine of old.

Another topic: Who at Nike thought the "Winning takes care of everything" campaign was a good idea? Return to form, new popular girlfriend, emerging likeability...let's remind everyone that Tiger's a jerk.

Another topic: Who at Nike thought the "Winning takes care of everything" campaign was a good idea? Return to form, new popular girlfriend, emerging likeability...let's remind everyone that Tiger's a jerk.

Horrible idea. :boo hiss: It's basically a lie - "All you have to do is win, and your personal faults/problems won't matter any more, and may just magically disappear!"

Canon made a similar mistake years ago, when they did the "Image is everything" ad campaign (featuring the spoiled brat Andre Agassi). Both ad campaigns imply that public success is more important than personal success or character. NOT good....

Horrible idea. :boo hiss: It's basically a lie - "All you have to do is win, and your personal faults/problems won't matter any more, and may just magically disappear!"

Canon made a similar mistake years ago, when they did the "Image is everything" ad campaign (featuring the spoiled brat Andre Agassi). Both ad campaigns imply that public success is more important than personal success or character. NOT good....

The ad reads along the lines of "Cheating on your wife's OK if you win!"
  • Like 1

Hey golf fans - this week (April 11 - 14) , it's the first major of 2013 - The Masters. I'm cheering for a first time major winner - Steve Stricker or Matt Kuchar would be a good story. My sentimental favorite choice is Phil Mickelson. We'll see who wears the green jacket on Sunday night.

Hey golf fans - this week (April 11 - 14) , it's the first major of 2013 - The Masters. I'm cheering for a first time major winner - Steve Stricker or Matt Kuchar would be a good story. My sentimental favorite choice is Phil Mickelson. We'll see who wears the green jacket on Sunday night.

Not so loud...this is the Masters...shhhhhhhhhhhh

Always geat when a first-timer wins. I do hope Tiger is in the hunt. It really adds to the drama.

Always geat when a first-timer wins. I do hope Tiger is in the hunt. It really adds to the drama.

I predict Tiger will win the Masters he looks like he's ready to roll. BTW LOVE that avatar one of my top 5 movies of all time.

"What we have here is a failure to communicate"

I predict Tiger will win the Masters he looks like he's ready to roll. BTW LOVE that avatar one of my top 5 movies of all time.

] :cheers:

] :cheers:

Thanks for posting that....correction it's "what we GOT here is a failure to communicate. I repeat the entire quote at work with the southern drawl and my coworkers thing something is truly wrong with. Most are far too young to have ever heard of the movie.

This will be a very interesting Masters this year I need to get my Masters app back.

Thanks for posting that....correction it's "what we GOT here is a failure to communicate. I repeat the entire quote at work with the southern drawl and my coworkers thing something is truly wrong with. Most are far too young to have ever heard of the movie.

Thank you for inspiring me to watch the movie last night. It had been a few years, and it is still pure magic. Brilliantly made film.

Round one tomorrow!

A freaking 14 year old is +1 after the first round - Leads all amateurs, simply amazing - And how is it that Freddy couples always plays great here - I just wish one of these years he'll shock us and actually win it again -