goose

Congrats to Zack Johnson for winning the Northwest Mutual in a playoff today. Going into the fourth round, Tiger Woods was in the lead, but he was outscored and lost. This was one of those silly season tournaments with only 18 players competing, but it was fun to watch. I'm looking forward to the 2014 PGA season.

Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know who around this forum really loves the game of golf but I certainly do. I know way more about golf, the players, trivia, it's history than any one human should be allowed. If we talk golf, I will be around. Consider yourselves forewarned.... :P
  • Like 2

I don't know who around this forum really loves the game of golf but I certainly do. I know way more about golf, the players, trivia, it's history than any one human should be allowed. If we talk golf, I will be around. Consider yourselves forewarned.... :P

Hey Narpet... I look forward to your participation in the PGA discussion, and golf in general. If you review this topic, you'll see a few of us follow it. As for me, I suck at playing, but I love watching the PGA (and some LPGA). I used to watch in the 70's, then stopped. I started again with the 2000 Players (where Hal 'Be the right club today' Sutton won), and I've been addicted since. My favorite tournament is the US Open, for which I even book 2 days vacation from work so I can attach to my tv, lol.

• Like 2

Hey Narpet... I look forward to your participation in the PGA discussion, and golf in general. If you review this topic, you'll see a few of us follow it. As for me, I suck at playing, but I love watching the PGA (and some LPGA). I used to watch in the 70's, then stopped. I started again with the 2000 Players (where Hal 'Be the right club today' Sutton won), and I've been addicted since. My favorite tournament is the US Open, for which I even book 2 days vacation from work so I can attach to my tv, lol.

I didn't suck at it and can watch the majors non stop for as long as the telecast is on. I also then switch to The Golf Channel so they can explain to me what I just saw. Drives my wife nuts..... :) I will be "majorly" involved when these discussions are had....... :yes:
  • Like 2

I didn't suck at it and can watch the majors non stop for as long as the telecast is on. I also then switch to The Golf Channel so they can explain to me what I just saw. Drives my wife nuts..... :) I will be "majorly" involved when these discussions are had....... :yes:

Me too. The majors = me glued to the tv. Wife will roll her eyes and ask, "is tiger playing this weekend?"...meaning she knows the channel won't change. This year the PGA is at Valhalla here in louisville. Already got tickets and I've been lucky enough to play it a couple of times. Really looking forward to it.

• Like 3

Me too. The majors = me glued to the tv. Wife will roll her eyes and ask, "is tiger playing this weekend?"...meaning she knows the channel won't change. This year the PGA is at Valhalla here in louisville. Already got tickets and I've been lucky enough to play it a couple of times. Really looking forward to it.

I have never attended a major. I would be excited too. My wife actually will watch with me when Tiger and Phil are playing. The majors mostly. She really enjoys the drama. Way, way back she would go to the Kemper Open with me in the DC area. It was awesome when they played at Congressional. All the best players came then. Of course they had to move it to TPC Avenel and the best gradually stopped coming.....
  • Like 1

This year the PGA is at Valhalla here in louisville. Already got tickets

"Valhalla, I am comiiinng!" :haz: Officially jealous here! Looking forward to the golf talk with you guys. Welcome aboard, Narpet! :cheers:
  • Like 2

I have never attended a major. I would be excited too. My wife actually will watch with me when Tiger and Phil are playing. The majors mostly. She really enjoys the drama. Way, way back she would go to the Kemper Open with me in the DC area. It was awesome when they played at Congressional. All the best players came then. Of course they had to move it to TPC Avenel and the best gradually stopped coming.....

Y'all have played some good tracks! I've played some top courses out west, especially in the Palm Springs area. A highlight was playing PGA West several years ago. Both then Stadium and Nicklaus courses are great
  • Like 1

Y'all have played some good tracks! I've played some top courses out west, especially in the Palm Springs area. A highlight was playing PGA West several years ago. Both then Stadium and Nicklaus courses are great

You didn't break Duval's course record at PGA West did you?...... :P

Lipped out and missed it by one. BTW...my wife parred the famous Trevino par 3. She's proud of that. Edited by goose
  • Like 1

Lipped out and missed it by one. BTW...my wife parred the famous Trevino par 3. She's proud of that.

60 still ain't bad...

Whoa, much envy coming your way for your upcoming attendance at Valhalla.... you will need to give us all the details.

The majors means me glued to Golf Channel pre coverage/post coverage... plus the golf coverage itself. If British Open starts coverage at 5:00 am... then I'm up at 4:00 am.... My hubby is also a golf fan, but I out obsess him... he'll do any necessary chores during the majors and let me watch...

Whoa, much envy coming your way for your upcoming attendance at Valhalla.... you will need to give us all the details.

The majors means me glued to Golf Channel pre coverage/post coverage... plus the golf coverage itself. If British Open starts coverage at 5:00 am... then I'm up at 4:00 am.... My hubby is also a golf fan, but I out obsess him... he'll do any necessary chores during the majors and let me watch...

I think watching The Open may be my favorite. If only because it's so foreign (rimshot!!!) to me. The courses just look so different and one day I must play in Scotland. I'm an architecture geek and love studying those courses.

One day, maybe 20 years ago, a buddy and me were close to Augusta...so we drove to Augusta National but it's wrapped by a tall wall and you can't see anything. No surprise there. So we drove up to the gate and asked if we could drive down magnolia lane and to no one's surprise the guard said "NO". By that point a big ol' Cadillac had pulled in behind us in our ever so fashionable Chevy Lumina. He was clearly impatient to get inside to the guard made us pull in and then back out after the caddy went by. We were at the end of the driving range. That was pretty cool. Especially since right across the street was a piece of crap strip mall with a "Heck's" as the anchor store (if you even know what they are).

I think watching The Open may be my favorite. If only because it's so foreign (rimshot!!!) to me. The courses just look so different and one day I must play in Scotland. I'm an architecture geek and love studying those courses.

One day, maybe 20 years ago, a buddy and me were close to Augusta...so we drove to Augusta National but it's wrapped by a tall wall and you can't see anything. No surprise there. So we drove up to the gate and asked if we could drive down magnolia lane and to no one's surprise the guard said "NO". By that point a big ol' Cadillac had pulled in behind us in our ever so fashionable Chevy Lumina. He was clearly impatient to get inside to the guard made us pull in and then back out after the caddy went by. We were at the end of the driving range. That was pretty cool. Especially since right across the street was a piece of crap strip mall with a "Heck's" as the anchor store (if you even know what they are).

I had a similar experience at the Olympic Club. I just wanted to see the frick'in place and they wouldn't let me even drive to the clubhouse. I was one golfer not showing up for their tee time away from playing Pebble Beach once also. Sat by the first tee for 6 hrs and never got on :rage: . I settled for Spanish Bay that day which was awesome but not quite the same.... :)

Can't wait for the festivities to begin in 2014. Will the thread name need to be changed or just start a new one? :huh: Edited by Narpet

Can't wait for the festivities to begin in 2014. Will the thread name need to be changed or just start a new one? :huh:

A new one for 2014 will be started... new ones get created each season for the NHL, MLB, etc.

Personally, I'm not into this 'wrap around season'. I'm looking forward to your comments (as well as everyone else who follows the PGA).