Anthrax covers Anthem - on RS.com now

Snaked

Came here to post this. :P

Listening to it now, and yeah, it's pretty good. My initial concern would be that it would be a touch too fast for whatever reason (not b/c Anthrax is part of the Big 4, but I just find in general that covers are often speeded up), and in actuality I'm thinking it's a touch too slow (but only a touch).

Joey's voice is in fine form.

Frankie Bello has definitely done Geddy's bass parts justice.

Not sure if Scott or (the now departed) Rob handled the solo (I'm thinking Rob), but it also is very faithful to the original, especially in the way the wah is used.

Charlie sounds pretty loose on the drums, and is showing a more fluid style than I think he's ever shown before, and it works. He also throws in a few cowbell pops here and there towards the end that sound like something Neil would do (especially the Bangkok intro at the end).

Thumbs way up for this!

Charlie's my favorite thrash metal drummer.

ott ...He's very good (my 2nd fave actually), but not quite so intense and exciting as Lombardo. Dave is mine, hands down! :NP: ..btt

They´re both great! I just find Charlie´s style a bit more varied, but hey, that´s just me.

I was wondering what ever happened to another great thrash drummer - Megadeth´s Nick Menza. He was part of what I call their classic lineup - Rust in Peace, Countdown to Extincion and Youthanasia. Then he had cancer on his knee but was fully cured, but was kicked out of the band.

Charlie's my favorite thrash metal drummer.

ott ...He's very good (my 2nd fave actually), but not quite so intense and exciting as Lombardo. Dave is mine, hands down! :NP: ..btt

They´re both great! I just find Charlie´s style a bit more varied, but hey, that´s just me.

I was wondering what ever happened to another great thrash drummer - Megadeth´s Nick Menza. He was part of what I call their classic lineup - Rust in Peace, Countdown to Extincion and Youthanasia. Then he had cancer on his knee but was fully cured, but was kicked out of the band.

Good question, he was always mentioned in the same breath.

WOW!

Really sounded good. I liked that little thrash-ish feel to it. That guy can really sing too.

I would give both of my nuts and 1/3 of my penis to see Rush play this song live again... even if Geddy had to tone it down a bit. Would still rock!