NHL IS BACK: 2013 NHL Season

Cygnus 2112

What an a**hole ref!!! He's got to look up ice and see how the play was developing, you don't make that call until the scoring chance is over. If anything, since he blew the whistle, it should have been roughing on Detroit.

uhhhhhh

what?

I got a bad feeling about this. Hawks scored, but it doesn't count. It always seems like the other team gets a goal when that happens, especially if the call was iffy.

And no, I don't believe me saying that jinxes it. ;)

Glad I was wrong! The Hawks should have won in regulation, so the right team won in OT.

• Like 1

Via Twitter

ESPN Chicago ‏@ESPNChiHawks 22m

Classic Toews. Told the team in OT intermission "Lets win this 3-1"

Via Twitter

ESPN Chicago ‏@ESPNChiHawks 22m

Classic Toews. Told the team in OT intermission "Lets win this 3-1"

:LOL: I saw one of the comments after the game...Blackhawks 3 Zebras 1
  • Like 1

It makes everybody feel at ease now that Olczyk decided it was the right call. :moon:

I'm glad this guy is doing the Boston-Pittsburgh series and I won't have to listen to his stupid ass. :atickhum:
  • Like 1

It makes everybody feel at ease now that Olczyk decided it was the right call. :moon:

I'm glad this guy is doing the Boston-Pittsburgh series and I won't have to listen to his stupid ass. :atickhum:

Congratulations to your Hawks Robert. Good luck against Quick and Co. :cheers:

Meanwhile, here in Boston, the talk is about how, if the Bruins hope to compete with the Penguins' firepower, they're going to have to beat the Penguins' forwards senseless.

:hockeygoon:

Sounds good to me.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I like the fact that the Bruins, to a man, have been talking about how they're going to have to be very physical in this series.

So it's LA and Chicago in the Stanley Cup Final?

Stephen Walkom owes Brent Seabrook a two-four at the very least.

I turned to my wife and said "Good luck to him [Walkom] getting out of Chicago if they lose this game."

Coincidentally, the 20 year anniversary of Kerry Fraser's infamous non-call on Gretzky was this week. Had Detroit won last night, I'm sure Walkom's call would've been right up with it as far as all-time reffing blunders go.

Isn't he supposed to be one of the "put away the whistles in big games" types?

Congratulations to your Hawks Robert. Good luck against Quick and Co. :cheers:

Thanks, Rick. I just hope we don't get Walkom again as he will be officiating in the third round. :facepalm: Would you believe he was the one who didn't call a penalty on Torres when he killed Hossa last year? Unbelievable, I thought McCreary retired already. :eyeroll:

So it's LA and Chicago in the Stanley Cup Final?

Stephen Walkom owes Brent Seabrook a two-four at the very least.

I turned to my wife and said "Good luck to him [Walkom] getting out of Chicago if they lose this game."

Coincidentally, the 20 year anniversary of Kerry Fraser's infamous non-call on Gretzky was this week. Had Detroit won last night, I'm sure Walkom's call would've been right up with it as far as all-time reffing blunders go.

Isn't he supposed to be one of the "put away the whistles in big games" types?

I haven't heard it first hand myself, but on the radio this morning they were saying Barry M. was actually defending Walkom's call.