Heart

D-13

Thanks for a much-needed bump 1001001 trink38.gif Has anyone heard 'Red Velvet Car' yet? I heard there is a lot of that 70s vibe going through it with of course a modern production. I need to hear this, and fukn' fast smile.gif

Glad I held onto the vinyl as well, mine are still in pretty good condition cool.gif

Edited by Steevo

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new stuff is the best thing they have done in Years................

QUOTE (metaldad @ Sep 20 2010, 08:54 AM)

New stuff? Yeah? Didn't know - must check it out.

1022.gif

QUOTE (Pags @ Sep 20 2010, 11:03 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Sep 20 2010, 08:54 AM)

New stuff? Yeah? Didn't know - must check it out.

1022.gif

Yep, came out 2 weeks ago. $9.99 at Best Buy 1022.gif

Good to see this bumped! At the end of RUSH HASHANAH on Vh1Classics a week or so ago, they went right into some bio stuff on HEART. Well open my eyes and call me educated!

I have always had a healthy respect and admiration for them...kick ass music...full rich vocals...simply nothing to criticize in my book...but never really knew how they began.

I think its time to add some HEART to the repertoire.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 20 2010, 01:00 AM)
Gretchen Wilson & Alice in Chains - Barracuda

Great version of this song from a 2007 MTV special. Jerry Cantrell's guitar sound is HUGE, and country singer Gretchen Wilson just kills on a very challenging vocal part.

Now, for comparison, he's another cover of this song, this time from "American Idol" featuring pop diva Fergie (along with Ann and Nancy).

Fergie does a fine job, hits the notes, but IMO she doesn't quite have the same soul or intensity as Gretchen Wilson had (or Ann, of course). I think Gretchen sang the hell out of it.

I remember hearing Geoff Tate sing with Ann Wilson, and don't get me wrong I really like Geoff Tate, but he really shouldn't sing with her again. She made him sound so small.

Heart rocks 1022.gif

Dreamboat Annie and Little Queen are pretty much perfect. I really like Private Audition and Passionworks alot too. cool.gif

I'd love to see a Rush tour with the Wilsons as special guests. Considering how well Ann can handle the Zeppelin stuff, she could probably belt out early Rush pretty good.

I would say that anyone even claiming to be a half-assed fan has to go and find the two, unofficial, yet complete, filmed-for-television shows that are circulating the net as torrents.

Both are filmed when the band was at its apex and Anne was just as slender and twice as hot as Nancy...You must be saying, "But, was there ever an age for that mix of elements?" The answer is clearly, "Yes, sometime between '75 and '78".

Because, I have one of these TV shows, and I think it might be the earlier one, because the girls look real young...But, I know that another exits as well...Ya'll need to find and down these shows...They're an awesome testament to the raw power of Anne in the early days.

Edited by thelocator

QUOTE (Joshua @ Sep 20 2010, 10:16 PM)
Gretchen kicks ass.

Heart plays Zeppelin nearly as good as Zeppelin plays Zeppelin.

yes.gif I remember watching this on t.v. going"who is that hot chick?" And she can sing also biggrin.gif

On the new Heart album Geddy is credited for "whistling" on one of the songs....turns out it is an inside joke...

"...an inside joke between Ben Mink and Nancy Wilson...Nancy heard some hi pitched thing in "Death Valley" and Ben said 'it's probably Geddy whistling'. They gave Geddy credit. That's the story." -Engineer David Leonard

I heard some samples of the new title and it sounds awfully acousticy...Are there any flat-out barn-burners like they did in the 90's with that track, Black on Black? That tune was much more of a return to their hard rockin' early days with things like Barracuda and Magic Man...I'd be into the album if it had some of that kinda schtuff goin' on. Any o' that?

I get to see Heart next year. They're finally coming to my city. Yay!!!!!

Ann & Nancy were my role models when I was knee high to a grass hopper (my other mothers). I thought if Nancy could play guitar, then so could I.

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

I managed to get tickets to their show in a few months before they were sold out. Hopefully Ann & Nancy Wilson can help to put me back together. If anyone ever shreds my Heart again, then they'll be sorry.

Ha Ha...Hee Hee

Wow..I had no idea there were this many people that like Heart as well as Rush. I have never gotten more flack from my friends than for liking this band, mostly because all they seem to remember is the 80's hairspray years. They forget that many moons ago this was actually a kick-ass hard rock band that produced 4 great albums, each with a wide variety of interesting songs. Like someone posted earlier, the original lineup was where the magic was, and after Roger Fisher was booted out it wasn't the same. The Wilson's had control of the band and differences appeared immediately on Bebe Le Strange. The title track was Ok, but stuff like "Break" sounded almost like the Go-Gos, and the horn section on "Even It Up" I always hated. Some songs off Private Audition and Passionworks were pretty good, such as "City's Burning" and "Sleep Alone", but choosing to do singles like "This Man is Mine" and "Tell it like it Is" was to me bizarre. As far as 1985 up goes, I actually liked the self titled album, although I say that with an * attached. I honestly feel that it was a very well written and produced album, just needing more guitar distortion and less keyboards (sort of like Hold Your Fire). Bad Animals and Brigade is more of the same and I don't like them at all. Jupiter's Darling was Ok, new one decent but all of it still lacks the punch of the 70's. I know it will never happen, but I wish they would stop with the "Heart-Lite" stuff (singing with Wynona Judd?? Geez!), and make a good hard rock album again - I am sure they have the talent. Speaking of talent, I think Ann is one of the best rock vocalists ever. If a good singer is an 8/10 she is an 11. Incredible talent, and was smokin hot for an entire decade before she finally lost her battle with genetics. Thanks for letting me ramble on here..usually if I bring up Heart I get told to "Shaddap!" lol.

QUOTE (RushHour @ Feb 24 2011, 03:35 AM)
Good musicians, but far too many love songs.  But what do you expect from a female band called Heart?  I think Hole is more relevant to my own life.  I'm just  not a fan of romance.  It's such a prosaic, unoriginal subject.  Completely overdone.  IMO

Their early shit was far less sappy and right on the mark. Never gets old.