TRF Icon Change?

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

TRF Icon Change?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Should we keep the TRF Tinkertoy icon, or replace it with a newer CA-related one?

• No, ditch the old tinkertoy and replace it with something CA-related! Let's be current!
    • Yes, the tinkertoy is a TRF tradition! It's oldschool TRF! Gotta keep it!

One of the mods suggested we go out with the old and in with the new and replace the familiar tinkertoy Icon that we see next to the forum names. Even though Different Stages is more than a decade old, I like the tinkertoys because I see them as part of TRF tradition (on two of the three skins on the old board, at least). But there's something to be said for being current -- after all, the new main logo is CA-based, right?

What do you guys and gals think?

(I pretty much wanted to try making a poll, so here we have it. :P)

Either is fine with me - as long as there is some Rush personality. Could you get a cool airship kinda watermark background for the entire forum.... instead of just a stagnant mauve? :)

I created the new board poll just to try making one....

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

Change taking placez.......CHAYNGEZ!!!!!!!!

I'm going through CHAAAYYNGAAAEEZ!!!!!

Turn and face the strange Ch-Ch-CHAYNGEZ!

Changes aren't permanent, but change is. (Someone had to be the first to post it. I'll let someone else quote Circumstances).

Something CA-related would be very cool - given the amount of talent on this forum, I know one of you could design something super-nifty,

I always used the old blue-gray skin with the nuts & bolts on the old forum. The color was easier on the eyes. So I don't have any particular attachment with the tinkertoy.

Changes aren't permanent, but change is. (Someone had to be the first to post it. I'll let someone else quote Circumstances).

Something CA-related would be very cool - given the amount of talent on this forum, I know one of you could design something super-nifty,

I always used the old blue-gray skin with the nuts & bolts on the old forum. The color was easier on the eyes. So I don't have any particular attachment with the tinkertoy.

We'll have a new blue and grey skin sometime next week.

Either one is fine by me, but I think the icon should be updated to have something a little more recognizable as Rush for newer fans coming in that don't know about Different Stages. Edited by USB Connector

Either one is fine by me, but I think the icon should be updated to have something a little more recognizable as Rush for newer fans coming in that don't know about Different Stages.

If they don't know about Different Stages, then they need to study up! :)

• Like 1

Either one is fine by me, but I think the icon should be updated to have something a little more recognizable as Rush for newer fans coming in that don't know about Different Stages.

If they don't know about Different Stages, then they need to study up! :)

Sadly a lot of newer Rush fans who think they know their material have never heard of 2112. I've run into a bunch on campus who got into them about the time BTLS came came out. When asked what my favourite song was I always say 2112, they look at me in confusion and say something along the lines of "how is it not <Spirit of Radio or song from Moving Pictures>?!" It's almost as if they haven't even listened to a greatest hits CD...

Edited by USB Connector

A darker themed skin would be really nice. Like a dark blue or a black/green.

You mean a darker color board with a lighter text?

Exactly. Something like this:

http://i.imgur.com/207nM.png

We'd consider it if we got a lot of requests for it.

We'd consider it if we got a lot of requests for it.

Nice..! :)

How about you have a contest??

Have members submit a title banner, forum icons (eg: tinker toys), a color scheme and a background image (if needed)

Then put it to a vote? Add all of them if it's simple enough? You choose a couple you like?

Have members submit a title banner, forum icons (eg: tinker toys), a color scheme and a background image (if needed)

Then put it to a vote? Add all of them if it's simple enough? You choose a couple you like?

Do we need a new banner?

Do we need a new banner?

I think it would be cool to have a different one for each color scheme. I think there are a lot of creative people on this site - would be cool to see what some of them can come up with.