Peter Criss

The Cat 3

Thanks, treeduck. An interesting read. default/smile.png

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely! I was bummed when it ended...

Same here. I wanted to keep reading. I ordered the book from my local Library, and it arrived the other day. I'm on Chapter 4 now. I liked the first few chapters, reading about his early life in the streets of Brooklyn. I loved it because it's so similar to how much of my family grew up there as well. But the good stuff is just starting up now. Spoiler alert... he meets Gene, Paul, and Ace!

Definitely! I was bummed when it ended...

Same here. I wanted to keep reading. I ordered the book from my local Library, and it arrived the other day. I'm on Chapter 4 now. I liked the first few chapters, reading about his early life in the streets of Brooklyn. I loved it because it's so similar to how much of my family grew up there as well. But the good stuff is just starting up now. Spoiler alert... he meets Gene, Paul, and Ace!

Gee Pags, thanks for giving that part of the story away - there's no point in reading it now! :angry:

Thanks to this article, here's a few more excerpts for you guys: http://www.uproxx.com/webculture/2012/10/jon-wurster-has-been-tweeting-excerpts-from-kiss-drumer-autobiography-and-its-inspiring/

"Hey ma, you ever give dad head?"

"Ace wasn't lazy, however, when it came to beating his meat."

"Paul loved to doodle. And he drew the best cocks in the universe."

"I'd get a huge boner and go over to Gene as he was applying his makeup and lay my boner on his shoulder."

"I guess I had the most orgies with Ace."

Just finished the book today. Man, did he live the cliche rock star life. Sheesh!

Just finished the book today. Man, did he live the cliche rock star life. Sheesh!

Enjoyable read? Well written?

I suppose well written in this case is the book sounding like Peter is telling the tale like he's here talking to you. That's what I got from the excerpt and that's all you really need, you don't need a literary masterpiece.

Enjoyable read? Well written?

I suppose well written in this case is the book sounding like Peter is telling the tale like he's here talking to you. That's what I got from the excerpt and that's all you really need, you don't need a literary masterpiece.

Definitely an enjoyable read. Like Treeduck said and I agree... the book was written like you were sitting down with him just bullshitting and he was telling you a story about himself. And some of the stories he has to tell are kind of wild, and very interesting in how he describes the kind of people his band-mates were. I read the book in just a few days, and it held my interest all the way through.

The thing that made me laugh the most is that he was 30 something when he was doing all of this stuff...

Why is that funny?

I would thing that most rock stars would have got the lifestyle out of their system by then. Probably the most funny aspect is that he is very close to my father's age and my dad it makes me laugh to think of him with those guys.

I just finished reading this book. It was a pretty good read, but anyone who is invested in thinking that the guys in Rush were always good boys should skip the part about them!

I just finished reading this book. It was a pretty good read, but anyone who is invested in thinking that the guys in Rush were always good boys should skip the part about them!

:o

What did he say about our boys?

He said that they liked to drink and smoke pot and be rude to women.

Edited by GeddysMullet

:o

What did he say about our boys?

He said that they liked to drink and smoke pot and be rude to women.

That part made me upset. I can't picture Alex acting that way. He was young, but that is no excuse to treat women that way.

Remember, that was a LONG time ago. Different times, different people (to a point.)

Plus, this is what Peter Criss says...

Hey, no one is perfect, and everyone does stupid things when they're young. That's not an excuse, it's a fact.

Sure it was jarring to think of the guys in Rush acting that way, but I would rather appreciate human beings and understand that they come with flaws than idolise fantasies of perfection that could never exist in the real world.

Hey, no one is perfect, and everyone does stupid things when they're young. That's not an excuse, it's a fact.

Sure it was jarring to think of the guys in Rush acting that way, but I would rather appreciate human beings and understand that they come with flaws than idolise fantasies of perfection that could never exist in the real world.

Roger that!

So.. it might be true about how Rush treated " Joan Jett & the Runaways"

Wouldn't be shocking in the least young guys being jerks.... OMG NOT RUSH!!! :o :P