A certain drummer turns the big 6-0 tomorrow...

Ardent15

...so here's an (early) happy birthday thread.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4c/NeilPeart.JPG/250px-NeilPeart.JPG

Happy birthday, Neil Ellwood Peart, OC!! A truly inspirational and downright interesting man, in addition to being widely considered to be one of the greatest and most influential drummers alive!

Here's to the man who continues to play drums and write lyrics (IMHO) better than ever!! smile.gif

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Sep 11 2012, 06:53 PM)
trink39.gif Better get our celebrations in before the haters come in and tell us about how Neil should retire! laugh.gif

seriously, or complain about his atheism, or complain about how "mean" he is to fans, or...

neil rules!! 1022.gif

Happy early birthday to a truly awe-inspiring man! He shows what one can do when one lives life passionately... and I respect that he wears more than just one hat, too - drummer, lyricist, author, observer...

trink39.gif

Neil Peart = REAL GENIUS!

Happy Birthday to one of the most, if not THE most, fiercely independent, brilliant, driven, energetic, honest, and talented individuals of all times, all walks of life.

He is the epitome of what real rock and roll is about and is the most fri@@Kn rock n roll guy out there- Even when playing Power Windows, or maybe because he does go out on a real limb, it is because he refuses to take the easy road out, to do or say what is expected of him, predicted of him, or what would make him the most money or the most popular guy out there. 2.gif

"He is not a tame lion"

Happy Birthday, Neil!!!!!! cheer.gif common001.gif bncegrn.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif trink39.gif You are such an AWESOME person........multi-talented and TOTALLY INSPIRING to me!!!!!!!!!!!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif applaudit.gif Enjoy your special day!!!!!!!!!!! trink39.gif

I remember hubby once told me hes not a fan of drum solos...when I was first getting into Rush I listened to A Show Of Hands for the first time and Rhythm Method came on. I remember thinking "This is great!" later I asked Brett why he didn't like drum solos and that I'd heard Neil's and enjoyed it.

He said "Ah! That's Neil Peart, that's different!"

Hell yeah!! 1022.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (LyndseyG @ Sep 12 2012, 01:50 PM)
I remember hubby once told me hes not a fan of drum solos...when I was first getting into Rush I listened to A Show Of Hands for the first time and Rhythm Method came on. I remember thinking "This is great!" later I asked Brett why he didn't like drum solos and that I'd heard Neil's and enjoyed it.

He said "Ah! That's Neil Peart, that's different!"

Hell yeah!! 1022.gif trink39.gif

I told my wife about Neil's solo and she said she hated them as well, but after she saw them the first time she was forever changed. biggrin.gif