Syme,,,Time to go?

quantex

It would be refreshing to see how somebody else does it. A lot of bands change it up every now and then.

Personally, Syme's work is good, but lately it's not inspiring. I don't see a trademark style anywhere. It's too electronic now.

I admit haven't been overly thrilled with last two studio album covers.

S&A was just to busy and the colors not vivid enough, And CA I was hoping before the release what we saw was just a single or album test cover. Find it hohum and predictable. But the inner artwork is great and perfect fit to go along with the storyline.

QUOTE (softfilter @ Sep 7 2012, 12:52 AM)
I admit haven't been overly thrilled with last two studio album covers.
S&A was just to busy and the colors not vivid enough, And CA I was hoping before the release what we saw was just a single or album test cover. Find it hohum and predictable. But the inner artwork is great and perfect fit to go along with the storyline.

Just going to say that. The artwork going along with the lyrics are absolutely amazing. They compliment the cover art a lot...Personally, I don't think the vinyl version looks too bad.

Maybe Alex should do the album artwork:

http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s410/datura67/90ac1ff0.jpg

tongue.gif

The artwork of Hugh Syme has become an intrinsic part of every Rush album. Besides, it's a little late to replace him with someone else.

Edited by substancewithoutstyle

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 7 2012, 06:20 AM)
Meh - if we're really, really lucky we'll get one more studio album, but I doubt even that. It's kind of a moot point.

Yeah, there really isn't much point in getting someone new now. But considering Rush doesn't have that many good album covers, I think they should've given someone else a shot years ago.

Meh - if we're really, really lucky we'll get one more studio album, but I doubt even that. It's kind of a moot point.

Thanks for saying what I was going to say Goobs trink39.gif

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 7 2012, 07:59 AM)
Meh - if we're really, really lucky we'll get one more studio album, but I doubt even that.  It's kind of a moot point.

Thanks for saying what I was going to say Goobs trink39.gif

goober is not good at predicting the future. you may not have been here when he started 8 threads about how worried he was CA would suck. tongue.gif

I feel that Hugh is part of the band. The band has changed producers to change with their musical needs/desires, but I feel Hugh has enough chameleon-like ability (like Lerxst!!!) to keep his job secure.

In fact, after watching "Beyond The Lighted Stage"... one of the things that made me an even bigger Rush fan (if that's possible) is the fact that they are so loyal to their people. Ray, Howard, Andrew (RIP), Hugh... just to name a few. In a "what have you done for me lately" world... I find it refreshing and touching that my musical heroes are also loyal to their people. It is a noble gesture... so, I say keep Hugh around.

QUOTE (Torgo Satyr @ Sep 7 2012, 10:53 AM)
I feel that Hugh is part of the band. The band has changed producers to change with their musical needs/desires, but I feel Hugh has enough chameleon-like ability (like Lerxst!!!) to keep his job secure.

In fact, after watching "Beyond The Lighted Stage"... one of the things that made me an even bigger Rush fan (if that's possible) is the fact that they are so loyal to their people. Ray, Howard, Andrew (RIP), Hugh... just to name a few. In a "what have you done for me lately" world... I find it refreshing and touching that my musical heroes are also loyal to their people. It is a noble gesture... so, I say keep Hugh around.

goodpost.gif

Agree, but I still was disappointed with last couple of album covers.

Want to say. , although didn't care for the front cover of S&A really liked the back with the folding hands snake and arrow. Should of been made the front. wink.gif

Edited by softfilter

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Sep 7 2012, 08:13 AM)
goober is not good at predicting the future.

you may not have been here when he started 8 threads about how worried he was CA would suck. tongue.gif

Are you kidding me? that's why I joined the forum. Go and read them for yourself...my firsts posts, however embarrassing as they are now, involved the Goobs.

Now,we're involved in a bromance of sorts...

Here's the post:

RushGoober: My skepticism about CA, despite the stellar pre-release industry reviews, is growing.

The problem is, I'm just not digging the first three songs. HF is definitely better than the first two, but even that I'm finding a chore to listen to.

If it wasn't for having heard one-quarter of the songs already, and not getting into them, I would be excited. I thought S&A was a very good album, and I liked or loved more than half the songs. With CA, IMHO we're not off to a good start.

My first Post on the Forum:

after reading rushgoobers comments on the tracks not cutting it, or being sub par for his tastes. Back away from the crack pipe and get the help you need from a intervention of some kind.

This album already is one of the best "sounding" efforts they have made---ever!!! How can you dread this newest offering when it obviously kicks so much ass??? IMO Rush sounds fresh and energized thanks to the production team they chose and the strategy to get the best playing they could muster.

Rush has finally come full circle!!! RushGoober get a clue and crawl out of the darkness. You sound pretentious...and ultimately---childish

Sorry Gooobs, I let my emotions get the best of me--you still love me right?

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 7 2012, 01:01 PM)
QUOTE (Lerxster @ Sep 7 2012, 08:13 AM)
goober is not good at predicting the future.

you may not have been here when he started 8 threads about how worried he was CA would suck. tongue.gif

Are you kidding me? that's why I joined the forum. Go and read them for yourself...my firsts posts, however embarrassing as they are now, involved the Goobs.

Now,we're involved in a bromance of sorts...

Here's the post:

RushGoober: My skepticism about CA, despite the stellar pre-release industry reviews, is growing.

The problem is, I'm just not digging the first three songs. HF is definitely better than the first two, but even that I'm finding a chore to listen to.

If it wasn't for having heard one-quarter of the songs already, and not getting into them, I would be excited. I thought S&A was a very good album, and I liked or loved more than half the songs. With CA, IMHO we're not off to a good start.

My first Post on the Forum:

after reading rushgoobers comments on the tracks not cutting it, or being sub par for his tastes. Back away from the crack pipe and get the help you need from a intervention of some kind.

This album already is one of the best "sounding" efforts they have made---ever!!! How can you dread this newest offering when it obviously kicks so much ass??? IMO Rush sounds fresh and energized thanks to the production team they chose and the strategy to get the best playing they could muster.

Rush has finally come full circle!!! RushGoober get a clue and crawl out of the darkness. You sound pretentious...and ultimately---childish

Sorry Gooobs, I let my emotions get the best of me--you still love me right?

What the heck does this have to do with Hugh Syme???