Will there be anything from the first three albums

Alchemical

What do you think? Will the boys bust anything out from their earlier records?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think? Will the boys bust anything out from their earlier records?

• Yes, but probably only Working Man like usual, nothing out of the ordinary.
    • Yes, but it'll be a medley with various songs from that era.
    • I'm in the mood for...In The Mood.
    • I think it's time to bring back Beneath, Between and Behind.
    • How about some BY-TOR?!
    • Fly By Night please.
    • Rivendell WILL be played. MARK. MY. WORDS.
    • The Necromancer AND The Fountain of Lamneth in its entirety or BUST.
    • Bastille Day or Anthem! It'll be funny trying to see Geddy hit those notes.
    • I think some other song from this era entirely will be played.
    • Pffft, you're no treeduck. Get outta here.
    • No, there will be nothing at all played from the '74-'75 era.

I don't think much from the first three albums will make an appearance. If anything it would be Working Man which I too think will be dropped and like you said Finding My Way. Regardless, I voted for nothing. This Tour will be consumed with CA songs and String related songs from the past. I think the that 2112 is the furthest they'll venture back on this tour. Now R40 is a whole other ball game! There, I think we'll see some old 70's gems come back to life in one fashion or another.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

I would love to see By-tor or the Necromancer, but I doubt that would happen. I am betting on one shorty from the early days like Anthem, Beneath, Between and Behind, Finding My Way or Bastille Day. I will be there tomorrow to find out!

I would like to hear Fly By Night. I know history tells us that the band doesn't like the song since it hasn't been played in 30 something years. But I think if rearranged properly it's one of the early day songs Geddy would still sound OK singing. Plus, who wouldn't love to hear it? bncegrn.gif

QUOTE (Alexmai @ Sep 6 2012, 09:00 AM)
I dream about another instrumental medley... all from COS!!!

Oh Yes, an Instrumedley would be great: (The Archives Medley)

(Finding My Way/ What You're Doing/ Anthem/ Best I Can / Beneath, Between & Behind/ By Tor & The Snowdog/ The Necromancer/ No-One at the Bridge/Bastile Day)

That would totally rock! But I still think we'll hear nothing from that era.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Sep 6 2012, 07:02 AM)
I would like to hear Fly By Night. I know history tells us that the band doesn't like the song since it hasn't been played in 30 something years. But I think if rearranged properly it's one of the early day songs Geddy would still sound OK singing. Plus, who wouldn't love to hear it? bncegrn.gif

Yeah I voted "Yes, but probably only Working Man like usual, nothing out of the ordinary" but would really like to hear FBN and agree he could sing it.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 6 2012, 08:35 AM)
I don't think much from the first three albums will make an appearance. If anything it would be Working Man which I too think will be dropped and like you said Finding My Way. Regardless, I voted for nothing. This Tour will be consumed with CA songs and String related songs from the past. I think the that 2112 is the furthest they'll venture back on this tour. Now R40 is a whole other ball game! There, I think we'll see some old 70's gems come back to life in one fashion or another.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

goodpost.gif My thoughts as well

I had a premonition today that they're going old school for the opener and broke out Bastille Day. Would the post-80s fans even know it?

And I think Headlong Flight and Fly By Night would be the perfect closer.

QUOTE (X-1 Book II @ Sep 6 2012, 05:09 PM)
QUOTE (snowdog212 @ Sep 6 2012, 11:22 AM)
Beneath, Between  Behind

Love the song, no way he can get close to the register required.

I think Geddy could do it. Nothing over the top just a lower register and it would still sound good

QUOTE (ThinkingBig @ Sep 6 2012, 05:31 PM)
I had a premonition today that they're going old school for the opener and broke out Bastille Day. Would the post-80s fans even know it?

And I think Headlong Flight and Fly By Night would be the perfect closer.

Hopefully, everyone there would know Bastille Day