Geddy Lee tops Gibson.com's list of the Top 10 Met

hermy

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 4 2012, 02:44 PM)
QUOTE (mmm_donuts @ Sep 4 2012, 03:34 PM)
Les Claypool is missing. Epic fail.

Agreed. Unless they didn't consider him a "Metal and Hard Rock Bass Player." I think he belongs with those players listed.

I'd also include Flea in the list, but again they probably wouldn't consider him 'metal'.

If they caught his solo on tour, they may change their minds. I thought I was gonna lose a filling it rocked so bad.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 4 2012, 01:44 PM)
QUOTE (mmm_donuts @ Sep 4 2012, 03:34 PM)
Les Claypool is missing. Epic fail.

Agreed. Unless they didn't consider him a "Metal and Hard Rock Bass Player." I think he belongs with those players listed.

yes.gif

QUOTE (Dscrapre @ Sep 4 2012, 04:53 PM)
Has Geddy ever actually played a Gibson? I've only ever heard of him using Fender, Rickenbacker, Wal, and another one who's name escapes me.

I don't think he has ever used one during his professional career. I'd be curious to hear him play an EB3. I always thought they looked cool, with their SG-style bodies. And that awesome deep red paint scheme with a black pickguard - pretty cool.

Anyway, yay for Geddy getting more recognition.

-Jane

2.gif

Definitely missing Geezer and Claypool. Glen Hughes is another.

Geezer is a definite omission. Claypool is in a class by himself and Flea would be more of a funk player...IMO. My question is, Who is Blasko?

I would place Glover on the list. Smoke on the Water is a classic riff, but the bass line drives that tune. The more I listen to purple, the more I admire Roger Glover. Also, Dave Hope from Kansas.

I don't know his name, but the bass player from Uriah Heep who played on steelin was phenomenal.

Doug Pinnick? He defined the metal bass sound for me.

QUOTE (New Digital Man @ Sep 5 2012, 03:48 PM)
The list is meaningless like most lists and the title is 'favourite' players whatever that means and i agree who the hell is Blasko, ridiculous! Also the piece is written by a woman and most women don't even know what a bass guitar is let's face it!

unsure.gif