Top 10 Underrated Rush Songs

rushgoober

Honestly, I think all their songs are underrated except for their most popular ones.
  • Like 2

Chain Lightning(my fav song on Presto)

Big Wheel

Between Sun and Moon

War Paint

Red Lenses

Time and Motion

Chemistry

Ghost Of A Chance

Stars Look Down

Scars

Excellent list!

Honestly, I think all their songs are underrated except for their most popular ones.

Agree. Hardly a Rush song I don't like. What's your fav record? Welcome to the board!

Thanks for the welcome, haha! It's pretty difficult to choose just one favorite record. I like all of their albums, but I'm not a huge fan of Hold Your Fire or Test For Echo.

Agree. Hardly a Rush song I don't like. What's your fav record? Welcome to the board!

Thanks for the welcome, haha! It's pretty difficult to choose just one favorite record. I like all of their albums, but I'm not a huge fan of Hold Your Fire or Test For Echo.

Ditto...and welcome! :cheers:

• Like 1

My views on this topic may be a bit skewed, since I don't frequent these forums much, and I don't know many Rush fanatics in real life.

In chronological order:

1. Here Again

2. In the End

3. Chemistry

4. Red Lenses

5. Territories

6. High Water

7. Cold Fire

8. We Hold On

9. Time and Motion

10. Nocturne

Even though it's one of the standards, I think Subdivisions is under-appreciated. The lyrics have probably affected more people than any song in the catalog. The drum part is beyond cool. It's their best use of keyboards on any song. There are some great bass bits, and the guitar solo is perfectly understated.

Between Sun And Moon is great and I wish it was on the setlist more. When I was listening to the Counterparts radio premere in 1993 it was the first song played so naturally I thought it would be the first song on the album. BSAM is one of the few songs from the later-period of Rush where it sounds loose and they're having fun.