Promote Movies You Love!

Tick

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Aug 30 2012, 02:01 PM)
QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 30 2012, 02:20 PM)
Midnight Run

Deniro, "Hey, I've got three words for you--shut the f**k up!"

Very funny movie. Charles Grodin is a revelation. The whole cast is outstanding.

Bounty Hunter to Deniro about FBI agent (played by Yaphet Kotto): "You wanna watch your cigarettes around this guy"

One of my all-time favourites!

Great score, too yes.gif

I notice that music at the end was later used on Try To Believe off Oingo Boingo's 1990 album, Dark At The End Of The Tunnel. Great movie that my mom loves as well.

"Hello, is this moron #1? Put moron #2 on the line." laugh.gif

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (invisible airwave @ Aug 30 2012, 03:29 PM)
Midnight Run

Very funny movie. Charles Grodin is a revelation. The whole cast is outstanding.

Bounty Hunter to Deniro about FBI agent (played by Yaphet Kotto): "You wanna watch your cigarettes around this guy"

Great score, too yes.gif

I notice that music at the end was later used on Try To Believe off Oingo Boingo's 1990 album, Dark At The End Of The Tunnel. Great movie that my mom loves as well.

Grodin talking to Deniro: "You have only two modes of being--silence and rage"

QUOTE (invisible airwave @ Aug 30 2012, 04:29 PM)
Midnight Run

Great score, too yes.gif

Danny Elfman did the score for Midnight Run. The CD of the score features the original version of "Try To Believe," with vocals. I like that version better than the Oingo Boingo version, as it is a little less slick and a little more bluesy, though I wish that the score CD also included the instrumental version of "Try To Believe" that plays under the end credits of the film.

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Aug 30 2012, 03:44 PM)
Midnight Run

Great score, too yes.gif

Danny Elfman did the score for Midnight Run. The CD of the score features the original version of "Try To Believe," with vocals. I like that version better than the Oingo Boingo version, as it is a little less slick and a little more bluesy, though I wish that the score CD also included the instrumental version of "Try To Believe" that plays under the end credits of the film.

One thing I appreciate about the film is the music for sure. well done. Though it is a comedy, i really enjoyed the moment Deniro had with his daughter who gave him money, that was an added bonus.

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 30 2012, 03:47 PM)
Midnight Run

Great score, too yes.gif

One thing I appreciate about the film is the music for sure. well done. Though it is a comedy, i really enjoyed the moment Deniro had with his daughter who gave him money, that was an added bonus.

"Hey I'm gonna get some doughnuts, OK"

"ya want some doughnuts"

"I'm thinking about gettin some doughnuts"

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 30 2012, 03:48 PM)
QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 30 2012, 03:47 PM)
Midnight Run

Great score, too yes.gif

"Hey I'm gonna get some doughnuts, OK"

"ya want some doughnuts"

"I'm thinking about gettin some doughnuts"

Deniro to Bail bondsman: "I got someone on the phone that I want you to meet--now say goodbye because I'm lettin him go"

Foreign films mainly.

RINGU [shouldn't have to explain. Horror. If you guessed 'the ring', you're correct. It's the ORIGINAL MOVIE.] Japan '97.

Harakiri. Japanese 1962.

ICHI LITRE NO NAMIDA. Japanese [eng. sub]. Based on a true story, it made me bawl my eyes out. 2004, film. 2005, tv drama. The 11 episode drama is MUCH BETTER

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aya_Kito

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1_Litre_no_Namida

7 SAMURAI, YOJIMBO, SANJURO. Akira Kurosawa samurai films.

SHOGUN [YES THE MINISERIES FROM THE 80'S]

Downfall: EXCELLENT movie about hitler's last days.

Edited by D3strukt

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Aug 30 2012, 03:00 PM)
QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 30 2012, 03:04 PM)
Midnight Run

Great score, too yes.gif

Deniro to Cashier at resturant: "these 20's are bad, but those right there...they're good"

The scene in the train where the Duke pretends to have a conversation with Walsh by doing Walsh's lines for him still makes me rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

What about the scene where the bounty hunter named Marvin (another tasty role) and Deniro are arguing over a capture and fee, Marvin says:

"Hey it's nothing personal Jack, but f**k off alright" laugh.gif

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 31 2012, 07:23 AM)
Midnight Run

Great score, too yes.gif

Deniro to Cashier at resturant: "these 20's are bad, but those right there...they're good"

The scene in the train where the Duke pretends to have a conversation with Walsh by doing Walsh's lines for him still makes me rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

What about the scene where the bounty hunter named Marvin (another tasty role) and Deniro are arguing over a capture and fee, Marvin says:

"Marvin, watch out!" *punch* rofl3.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (invisible airwave @ Aug 31 2012, 08:03 AM)
Midnight Run

Great score, too yes.gif

Deniro to the Duke:

"shut up already. I've known you all of two minutes and already I don't like you"

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 31 2012, 08:42 AM)
QUOTE (invisible airwave @ Aug 31 2012, 08:03 AM)
Midnight Run

Great score, too yes.gif

Deniro to the Duke:

"shut up already. I've known you all of two minutes and already I don't like you"

Deniro to mobsters:

"are you gonna propose? if not quit staring at me"

A SIMPLE PLAN

3 friends who lead mundane, boring lives stumble upon a crashed airplane with $4 million in stolen cash. Watch as they hatch 'a simple plan' to wait until spring to split the money and how fast their morals go down the tubes.

Everything about this movie is perfect- The location way out in the snowy boonies, the camera shots, the acting, the plot, hell it even has Gary Cole in it.

http://images.allmoviephoto.com/1998_A_Simple_Plan/billy_bob_thornton_bill_paxton_brent_briscoe_a_simple_plan_001.jpg

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Aug 31 2012, 03:04 PM)
A SIMPLE PLAN

3 friends who lead mundane, boring lives stumble upon a crashed airplane with $4 million in stolen cash. Watch as they hatch 'a simple plan' to wait until spring to split the money and how fast their morals go down the tubes.

Everything about this movie is perfect- The location way out in the snowy boonies, the camera shots, the acting, the plot, hell it even has Gary Cole in it.

http://images.allmoviephoto.com/1998_A_Simple_Plan/billy_bob_thornton_bill_paxton_brent_briscoe_a_simple_plan_001.jpg

Kudos to you! Excellent film. Billy Bob plays off-kilter people better than anybody

QUOTE (condemned2bfree @ Aug 31 2012, 04:34 PM)
king of comedy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wVhCCo02P4

Class.

"I managed to heave all over his new shoes! "That's it", I thought. "I've made it. I'm finally a man!" " laugh.gif

Love that monologue. Very prophetic movie regarding the unasked for fame of nobodies like the Kartrashians and Jersey Shore. He's like a PG rated Travis Bickle to some degree.

Edited by invisible airwave

Leaves of Grass

What a ride. Dark comedy that ascends to such a peak. Excellent screenplay. A director that keeps making great films. Possible the best dual role performance by an actor to date. Edward Norton and Timothy Blake Nelson are a great pair to watch do their thing.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Aug 30 2012, 04:19 PM)
this was awesome

http://neil.fraser.name/news/2009/moon_movie.jpg

Yes! Great film!

And completely agree with mentions of Excalibur, Simple Plan, and King of Comedy.

Edited by Powderfinger

The Eagle has Landed

A vastly under appreciated film. Caine and Duvall are outstanind per usual. Donald Sutherland is the weakness of most films he appears in--except this one.

Caine and Duvall are powerful here

Capricorn One, featuring the great Orenthal James Simpson. The movie is about a government plot to stage a manned Mars landing. The three astronauts, Simpson, James Brolin and Sam Waterston are kept at a desert location during the mission. They are filmed on a movie set that includes the inside of the ship and on the surface of Mars. When the ship burns up upon re-entry, the trouble begins. Actually a very cool movie.

QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Sep 6 2012, 10:26 AM)
Capricorn One, featuring the great Orenthal James Simpson. The movie is about a government plot to stage a manned Mars landing. The three astronauts, Simpson, James Brolin and Sam Waterston are kept at a desert location during the mission. They are filmed on a movie set that includes the inside of the ship and on the surface of Mars. When the ship burns up upon re-entry, the trouble begins. Actually a very cool movie.

A very underappreciated flick indeed. James Brolin was on his way at that time. Wasn't Elliot Gould in that as well?

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 6 2012, 11:59 AM)
QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Sep 6 2012, 10:26 AM)
Capricorn One, featuring the great Orenthal James Simpson.  The movie is about a government plot to stage a manned Mars landing.  The three astronauts, Simpson,  James Brolin and Sam Waterston are kept at a desert location during the mission.  They are filmed on a movie set that includes the inside of the ship and on the surface of Mars.  When the ship burns up upon re-entry, the trouble begins.  Actually a very cool movie.

A very underappreciated flick indeed. James Brolin was on his way at that time. Wasn't Elliot Gould in that as well?

I believe he was. As was Hal Holbrook as the government "heavy."