Name the most annoying and incompetent actors

treeduck

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 25 2012, 05:41 PM)
QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Aug 25 2012, 05:18 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 25 2012, 04:29 PM)

Yeah part of my question concerns actors who annoy people, whether they're good or bad. Some actors just make you reach for the off switch or put you off a film in the first place, there's no getting around it...

Well then let's just mention all the Kardashians then. I think they are trying to act like humans, but it is all a miserable fail.

I don't understand why the media is so obsessed with them, and that includes the media worldwide.

confused13.gif

It's the Freak Show effect. Circuses, carnivals, TV, film.....they all sell the freaks, sickos, car crash casualties, etc.

Morbid curiosity SELLS!!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 25 2012, 01:34 AM)
Tom Cruise - A Few Good Men, Born on the Fourth of July, Risky Business, The Color of Money, Rain Man, Jerry Maguire, Minority Report, Vanilla Sky, etc.

Cruise's best performance may have been in Tropic Thunder.

QUOTE (P-Tor @ Aug 25 2012, 10:36 PM)
Tom Cruise - A Few Good Men, Born on the Fourth of July, Risky Business, The Color of Money, Rain Man, Jerry Maguire, Minority Report, Vanilla Sky, etc.

He stole that movie.

QUOTE (P-Tor @ Aug 25 2012, 07:36 PM)

I don't remember his performance in that movie at all. Then again, I really didn't like that movie at all, so that's why I can't remember him in it. All I remember is Robert Downey Jr. as a black man, which just seemed wrong.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 24 2012, 11:34 PM)
Jack Black - High Fidelity, School of Rock

Like I said, people love to hate. That or they're just high. wacko.gif

Jack Black was annoying in High Fidelity and brought the enjoyment of it down by a knotch, and I don't see why anyone over the age of 20 would bother watching School of Rock more than once.

You're the LSD hippy Gary. More likely than not, you're the high one here laugh.gif

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Aug 25 2012, 01:42 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 25 2012, 03:35 PM)
QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Aug 25 2012, 08:48 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 25 2012, 10:54 AM)
QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Aug 25 2012, 07:47 AM)
Leonardo DiCaprio.

facepalm.gif

People give this guy a bad rap because of Titanic. He was great in that. No, the dialogue wasn't always, or even often that good, but that didn't mean he didn't do a great job with what he had to work with.

Even so, take Titanic out of the picture and you still have:

Inception

Gangs of New York

The Aviator

Revolutionary Road

Catch Me If You Can

The Basketball Diaries

What's Eating Gilbert Grape

Blood Diamond

And there are other movies that weren't necessarily as great, like The Beach or The Departed, that still had great acting from him.

I'm sorry, but Leonardo DiCaprio can ACT.

I disagree with every fibre of my being. I haven't seen all of Leonardo DiCaprio's movies but I've never seen a single one in which he suspended my disbelief. When I see him in a film, I am always painfully aware of the fact that I'm watching LEONARDO DICAPRIO pretend to be this thing or that thing. "Oh, look, it's Leonardo DiCaprio pretending to be Jim Carroll! Oh, look, it's Leonardo DiCaprio trapped in a layers of dreamworlds! Oh, look, it's Leonardo DiCaprio pretending to be J Edgar Hoover!"

I don't hate him, I'm just never able to believe in any of his performances.

You're entitled. Still, a great actor. yes.gif

You're the guy who thinks that Stephenie Meyer is a great writer, so I shall give your opinion the weight it deserves wink.gif

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Aug 25 2012, 09:37 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 24 2012, 11:34 PM)
Jack Black - High Fidelity, School of Rock

Like I said, people love to hate.  That or they're just high.  wacko.gif

Jack Black was annoying in High Fidelity and brought the enjoyment of it down by a knotch, and I don't see why anyone over the age of 20 would bother watching School of Rock more than once.

You're the LSD hippy Gary. More likely than not, you're the high one here laugh.gif

Not my fault if you don't enjoy good movies. confused13.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 26 2012, 12:00 AM)
QUOTE (P-Tor @ Aug 25 2012, 07:36 PM)

I don't remember his performance in that movie at all. Then again, I really didn't like that movie at all, so that's why I can't remember him in it. All I remember is Robert Downey Jr. as a black man, which just seemed wrong.

Tropic Thunder is brilliant. I love it!

You? You! Hit that director in the face, really f***ing hard!

Man, just cause it's a theme song don't make it not true.

You grew hands?

What do *you* mean, "you people?"

You've got hands? f**k, you've got hands?

Hey, man, remember way back when I said your mother was a cankerous whore? I'm sorry, man. I did not mean that. She's not.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 26 2012, 02:45 PM)
QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Aug 25 2012, 10:35 PM)
Goober in a jpg:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrc7pucKgH1qmutyeo1_500.jpg

Mr. IsNot in a jpg:

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/11/28/129038944302508160.jpg

Did you know the human head weighs 8 pounds?

I'm not one that looks at how good the acting is in films, I watch a film for enjoyment, not to comment on how good the story was, or how good/bad the acting was.

But I have noticed a few people mention actors who they say plays the same part in each film, so I thought i'd add one that I think is like that...

Jack Nicholson

QUOTE (Mika @ Aug 26 2012, 04:55 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 24 2012, 07:52 PM)
Adrien "Geddy Lee Nose" Brody

laugh.gif This made me GOL (giggle out loud)!

Personally, I think Adrian Brody's "Geddy Lee Nose" is the best thing about him. laugh.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Aug 25 2012, 08:14 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 25 2012, 03:36 AM)

Hayden Christensen was NOT great in the Star Wars movies, but then again, Lucas's dialogue was so bad at times that he can only share partial blame.

yes.gif

"You underestimate my POOOOOOOOWERRRRRRR!"

The problem is that he's been a terrible actor in everything else he's been in too, so maybe it was that....

After all, Ewan McGregor didn't suck in those films, so an actor with ability can do something with it. Problem is, Hayden not only isn't great, he's not even good.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Aug 26 2012, 08:56 AM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Aug 25 2012, 08:14 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 25 2012, 03:36 AM)

Hayden Christensen was NOT great in the Star Wars movies, but then again, Lucas's dialogue was so bad at times that he can only share partial blame.

yes.gif

"You underestimate my POOOOOOOOWERRRRRRR!"

The problem is that he's been a terrible actor in everything else he's been in too, so maybe it was that....

After all, Ewan McGregor didn't suck in those films, so an actor with ability can do something with it. Problem is, Hayden not only isn't great, he's not even good.

Did you see Shattered Glass? He was surprisingly good in that movie, and it's a really great movie to boot.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Aug 26 2012, 08:58 AM)
Leo D. is a fine actor. Totally agree. Not every film he's made was great, but he's been SOLID in the films that are quality. Can't wait to see the new Tarantino film he's in.

That's one I'll be sure NOT to see. I can't stand Tarantino.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 26 2012, 11:02 AM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Aug 26 2012, 08:58 AM)
Leo D. is a fine actor.  Totally agree.  Not every film he's made was great, but he's been SOLID in the films that are quality.  Can't wait to see the new Tarantino film he's in.

That's one I'll be sure NOT to see. I can't stand Tarantino.

I'm sure you'd watch it if he'd hired Wahlberg and Brody...

tongue.gif