Name Good TV Shows

presto123

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Aug 25 2012, 11:48 AM)
QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Aug 25 2012, 09:38 AM)
Firefly, definitely. Freaks and Geeks. I also would've liked more Twin Peaks.

Twin Peaks was great until they revealed Laura's killer. After that the show went downhill quick.

OMG!!!!!

How could I have forgotten Twin peaks!!!!???

I LOVED that show....until (like you said) they revealed the killer...The second season was a joke.

QUOTE (OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan @ Aug 25 2012, 11:59 AM)
QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Aug 25 2012, 11:56 AM)

My Name Is Earl

yes.gif

Loved that show. There is absolutely no reason NBC couldn't have given it one more season. What did they replace it with? The awful Outsourced, which flopped and was cancelled after a season. How NBC thought that garbage was gonna be a hit and replace Earl is mind boggling.

Twin Peaks was excellent as well. But like everyone has said through the years, as soon as Laura's killer was revealed the show lost all it's luster and really went into weirder territory after that. I don't believe the show was meant to last that long anyways. The writers could only drag out the "who killed Laura Palmer?" storyline for so long before it would get old. I think they could've got at least another season out of it though.

Edited by J2112YYZ

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Aug 25 2012, 09:02 PM)

My Name Is Earl

yes.gif

Loved that show. There is absolutely no reason NBC couldn't have given it one more season. What did they replace it with? The awful Outsourced, which flopped and was cancelled after a season. How NBC thought that garbage was gonna be a hit and replace Earl is mind boggling.

Twin Peaks was excellent as well. But like everyone has said through the years, as soon as Laura's killer was revealed the show lost all it's luster and really went into weirder territory after that. I don't believe the show was meant to last that long anyways. The writers could only drag out the "who killed Laura Palmer?" storyline for so long before it would get old. I think they could've got at least another season out of it though.

I'm STILL wondering who Earl Jr's real father was!

QUOTE (My_Shrimp_Cot @ Aug 25 2012, 09:53 PM)
The River

I was really on the fence with that show.

I saw every episode and there were parts I liked...but I don't know...How far could it have gone...I mean they found the the guy they were looking for....I kind of felt a lot of 'Lost' burn out watching The River, being a show you could spend a lot of time on, have tons of questions raised and still get no answers when it ends.

QUOTE (OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan @ Aug 26 2012, 07:52 AM)
QUOTE (My_Shrimp_Cot @ Aug 25 2012, 09:53 PM)
The River

I was really on the fence with that show.

I saw every episode and there were parts I liked...but I don't know...How far could it have gone...I mean they found the the guy they were looking for....I kind of felt a lot of 'Lost' burn out watching The River, being a show you could spend a lot of time on, have tons of questions raised and still get no answers when it ends.

Yeah - I supposed they burned it out in one season.. It would have to have gotten weider and less believeable.

Cheers

QUOTE (My_Shrimp_Cot @ Aug 26 2012, 08:25 AM)
What about Terra Nova? I kinda liked it..

I think a lot of people, like myself, were expecting Terra Nova to be a much darker, adult-oriented show. Once I accepted the fact that it was a family-oriented show with annoying kids and a relatively straightforward storyline, I found myself looking forward to it. I was a little disappointed, but not surprised, when it was cancelled. I don't think the ratings were even that bad. It was just a very expensive show, and it would have needed phenomenal ratings to justify another season.

Too bad, really. They had the money and the green light from Fox to make a great show, but they missed the mark.

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Aug 25 2012, 07:34 PM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Aug 25 2012, 09:02 PM)

My Name Is Earl

yes.gif

I'm STILL wondering who Earl Jr's real father was!

Exactly. What a way to end!

angry.gif

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Aug 26 2012, 12:49 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 25 2012, 02:48 AM)
QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Aug 25 2012, 03:21 PM)
Wings 1022.gif

Good show...but it lasted 8 seasons so I wouldn't call that "getting cancelled before their time"

Wow, forgot it was on that long. Great show anyways! trink39.gif

Though I think the best episodes were from the time Antonio was in it to the point right BEFORE Helen's sister joined the cast.

Here's my list:

Alien nation (as listed above)

Shark with James Woods. Only two seasons.

Boston Public. Only one season I think...

Why do all the good shows get canned? Makes no

sense to me...

confused13.gif

Edited by rushfanforever!

QUOTE (rushfanforever! @ Aug 27 2012, 01:56 AM)
Here's my list:

Alien nation (as listed above)
Shark with James Woods. Only two seasons.
Boston Public. Only one season I think...

Why do all the good shows get canned? Makes no
sense to me...

confused13.gif

Boston Public had at least three or four seasons. The show was really good at first, but they started having a revolving door of actors coming in and out every season as teachers and it was hard to really get into any of them since they were gone so quickly.

It also didn't help that the storylines with the students got progressively worse and more outrageous as the show went on which is what turned everyone off and why it got cancelled.

But at least that show gave us Jeri Ryan in all her sexy goodness wub.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 27 2012, 12:13 AM)
Wings 1022.gif

Good show...but it lasted 8 seasons so I wouldn't call that "getting cancelled before their time"

Though I think the best episodes were from the time Antonio was in it to the point right BEFORE Helen's sister joined the cast.

Yup, Antonio was a great character, but for me once Thomas Hayden Church left it wasn't the same.

Twin Peaks was great until they revealed Laura's killer. After that the show went downhill quick.

The second season did have some really dumb episodes in the middle, but I thought the last three or four were great. And I really liked the movie that everyone else hated. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Aug 28 2012, 01:11 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 27 2012, 12:13 AM)
Wings 1022.gif

Yup, Antonio was a great character, but for me once Thomas Hayden Church left it wasn't the same.

For sure those 2 guys were the best things about Wings.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Aug 27 2012, 01:19 PM)

The second season did have some really dumb episodes in the middle, but I thought the last three or four were great. And I really liked the movie that everyone else hated. laugh.gif

Season two did seem to drag on, but they tried to save it. The ending of the last episode was spine chilling. I held out hope for a long time that Lynch would save agent Cooper somehow. Loved the movie.

The X-Files learned from Twin Peaks.

Lost learned from the X-Files by making all episodes "mythology" episodes.

The closest thing to those now is The Walking Dead. Maybe, I can't watch everything.

QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Aug 24 2012, 08:05 PM)
QUOTE (OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan @ Aug 24 2012, 05:51 AM)
TITUS!!!!!!

yes.gif Stacy Keach as Titus' dad was absolutely hilarious.

Yesss!!!!!!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/carmenripmz2.gif

Oh, sorry....didn't see the "U" in there.

QUOTE (Khan @ Aug 28 2012, 03:56 PM)
QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Aug 24 2012, 08:05 PM)
QUOTE (OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan @ Aug 24 2012, 05:51 AM)
TITUS!!!!!!

yes.gif Stacy Keach as Titus' dad was absolutely hilarious.

Yesss!!!!!!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/carmenripmz2.gif

Oh, sorry....didn't see the "U" in there.

I'm sorry did you say something? There's something in your sig that is distracting me.