Official New Music Thread

Moonraker

QUOTE (sullysue @ May 8 2005, 12:26 PM)
I'm thinking about getting NIN, but I feel like Trent is yelling at me sometimes. wacko.gif Or maybe I have issues. confused13.gif

I would suggest you get Still then. For the last 2 1/2 years, it was unavailable for legal reasons, and was recently put back up for sale. Very little yelling, mostly piano/acoustic guitar based, and the most beautiful music, albiet depressive, I have ever heard, Ever. Much much different from anything else he's ever done.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ May 8 2005, 07:00 PM)
I'm thinking about getting NIN, but I feel like Trent is yelling at me sometimes.  wacko.gif Or maybe I have issues. confused13.gif

I would suggest you get Still then. For the last 2 1/2 years, it was unavailable for legal reasons, and was recently put back up for sale. Very little yelling, mostly piano/acoustic guitar based, and the most beautiful music, albiet depressive, I have ever heard, Ever. Much much different from anything else he's ever done.

Is this album available in stores or do I have to order it on-line, Moonie? Been trying to find "Leaving Hope" biggrin.gif

2 latest cds I bought are

Radiohead-OK Computer

Pink Floyd -Meddle

Going to do some more shopping in Raleigh tomorrow and plan to pick up a lot more cds and dvds 653.gif

• Like 1

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ May 11 2005, 09:35 AM)
I'm thinking about getting NIN, but I feel like Trent is yelling at me sometimes.  wacko.gif Or maybe I have issues. confused13.gif

Is this album available in stores or do I have to order it on-line, Moonie? Been trying to find "Leaving Hope" biggrin.gif

Radiohead-OK Computer

Pink Floyd -Meddle

Going to do some more shopping in Raleigh tomorrow and plan to pick up a lot more cds and dvds 653.gif

I havent seen Still in stores like ever. Well the used stores sometimes carry it, but I havent seen Still anywhere else. They might have just stocked the shelves with them though in the past week with the release of the new album, but as of the day of the release, I didnt see any. Your best bet is online.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ May 11 2005, 03:43 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ May 11 2005, 09:35 AM)

Radiohead-OK Computer

Pink Floyd -Meddle

I havent seen Still in stores like ever. Well the used stores sometimes carry it, but I havent seen Still anywhere else. They might have just stocked the shelves with them though in the past week with the release of the new album, but as of the day of the release, I didnt see any. Your best bet is online.

k moonie...thanx for the heads up....will look for it tomorrow and if can't find i'll order it on-line...

I'm a member of e-music, one of the best kept secrets on the net. Subscription fee of US$9.99 a month to download 40 songs monthly. In the past week I've downloaded two albums-

The Decemberists - Picturesque

Hayseed Dixie - A Hillbilly Tribute To AC/DC

It's not for people looking for the latest hits, but if you're prepared to put in the time, search around and take a few chances, there are some real gems there.

1.Kaiser Cheifs-Employment

2.Block Party

3.Weezer- Make Believe

4.Gorillaz-Demon Days

1- This group in my opinon are simply amazing. There songs " I Predict a Riot" and

"Oh My God" are so awesome.

2- I can remeber the name of the CD cause it hasnt left my changer yet. There drummer in my opinon is one of the better ones around in this genre.

3-I am a giant weezer fan,and if you skip over their single it is a solid album. I listen to it quiet often.

4- I was in the sixth grade when the gorillaz debuted, and ever since have loved everyone of their songs. Feel Good Inc. Was a great single and I hope it stays true to the album.

Keane - Hopes and Fears. The album is pretty mellow for the most part. I think that the singer has a great voice. I'm into them and Muse from the British scene right now. Saw Muse in Hollywood, was great.

I also stumbled on a band called Lacuna Coil from Italy. The singer has a really cool sound to her. It's labeled as Goth Metal, never thought I'd be into it...but it's really cool. You can listen to song clips at Amazon.

QUOTE (Rivendell @ May 27 2005, 08:10 AM)
Keane - Hopes and Fears. The album is pretty mellow for the most part. I think that the singer has a great voice. I'm into them and Muse from the British scene right now. Saw Muse in Hollywood, was great.

I also stumbled on a band called Lacuna Coil from Italy. The singer has a really cool sound to her. It's labeled as Goth Metal, never thought I'd be into it...but it's really cool. You can listen to song clips at Amazon.

The muse!! I like those guys! smile.gif

Bought an album by a band called "Clutch"".Stupid kinda name but a great band.

Been around for about ten years but only just heard of them.A bit of that death metal thing with some really bluesy guitar.It does have a bit of dog-noize vocals but if you can over that it sounds top.

Edited by callmejim

QUOTE (Rivendell @ May 27 2005, 08:10 AM)

Muse is pretty good, I am waiting for them to come to SF, would like to see them. I've heard a few people talking about Lacuna Coil for a while too, but havent actually listened to them yet, maybe I will check them out.

went out yesterday to the used CD store and bought

Rush- Moving Pictures ($9.95)

Rush- Fly By Night ($9.95)

Victor- Victor (Alex's Solo Album) ($9.95)

Led Zeppelin- House Of The Holy ($11.95)

----------------------------------------

$44.83 (thats a good deal I think!)

When I went to the counter the guy was like.... "wow that must of been a record...these 2 Rush Albums came in here like 10 minutes ago!" " and I was going to take Fly By Night at the end of the day!" laugh.gif he was like pfft i'll find another one and he told me to have a good time with the albums lol.. Kinda felt back for him and almost went back to give it back laugh.gif

• Like 1

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ May 29 2005, 10:48 AM)
Nice, D...were they remastered?

wow I didn't see if it was in the store doh.gif ...no they are not...oooo natural smile.gif

Ry Cooder - Chavez Ravine - magnificent

Brian Eno - Another Day on Earth - his best since Nerve Net

Cardinal - Cardinal - recently reissued album from early/mid 90's Australian group - worth a gamble - big review in recent Mojo

Foo Fighters - For your Honour - jury's out

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Sep 24 2004, 11:52 PM)
Heya, I wanted to start an official thread for people to post what new music they have bought recently. If any of you guys have bought new music recently post it here. I will get things started.

Today I bought 4 new albums...

Yes - Going For The One
David Bowie - Scary Monsters
Pete Townshend - Empty Glass
Beethoven - String Quartets, Op. 127 / Op. 131

On a side note, I have made set a new goal in expanding my musical tastes. Every 4 weeks, I will buy 4 albums (which I did today). Of those 4, 1 has to be from an artist I dont have in my collection (Pete Townshend) and one has to be a piece of classical music.

How about you guys?

Well I am waiting to get the new Depeche Mode album in October 2005. Other than that, nothing I am buying at the moment.