Official New Music Thread

Moonraker

New cds again today biggrin.gif

Depeche Mode - Music For The Masses

The Killers - Hot Fuss

Nine Inch Nails - The Day The World Went Away (single)

Stone Temple Pilots - Purple

Victor - Victor (FINALLY FOUND A COPY!!!)

Tchaikovsky - Sleeping Beauty (London Symphony Orchestra)

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Jan 13 2005, 04:27 PM)
New cds again today biggrin.gif

Depeche Mode - Music For The Masses
The Killers - Hot Fuss
Nine Inch Nails - The Day The World Went Away (single)
Stone Temple Pilots - Purple
Victor - Victor (FINALLY FOUND A COPY!!!)
Tchaikovsky - Sleeping Beauty (London Symphony Orchestra)

Vereh cool moonie!

QUOTE (esmeralda @ Jan 14 2005, 12:16 AM)
QUOTE (kazzman @ Jan 3 2005, 02:21 PM)
Well I got Kamelot's debut album with their original singer, Mark Vanderbilt.

With that said...

Thank God for Roy Khan.

You got that right!!

Man, can he sing or what?

Oh Man, he's got one of the best voices I've ever heard in a rock singer.

Garage...what have I bought recently? Thinking, thinking....

Well, I got the Nirvana box set back whe it came out...some pretty good stuff, mostly unreleased, with an awesome booklet and a DVD.

NIN-Downward Spiral Deluxe Ed. Already had the regular one, picked this up because im a completist. The demos on disc 2 are pretty good, my favourite is the Piggy one that sounds like Nirvana in the chorus as opposed to the weird jazzy nature of the final version. Can't wait for new album, coming in about 2038.

I also got Lateralus by Tool for Christmas. Excellent. Highly recommended.

Kate Bush's Hounds of Love is also a recent purchase, because I had had it from the library and grown totally addicted to it but I had to take it back because someone else had a hold on it so I went out and got it. This album is just breathtaking form beginning to end. Her voice is just unbelieveable...amazing range...and the textures of the songs are so creative and unusual...Running up that Hill (A Deal With God), Hounds of Love, Mother Stands for Comfort, and Cloudbusting are favourites. Waking the Witch still scares the shit out of me every time I hear it.

The Mars Volta's album is the only other one I can think of, excellent stuff.

Back in September, I bought Green Day's American Idiot. Album of the Year hands down.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jan 13 2005, 09:53 PM)
Garage...what have I bought recently? Thinking, thinking....

Well, I got the Nirvana box set back whe it came out...some pretty good stuff, mostly unreleased, with an awesome booklet and a DVD.

NIN-Downward Spiral Deluxe Ed. Already had the regular one, picked this up because im a completist. The demos on disc 2 are pretty good, my favourite is the Piggy one that sounds like Nirvana in the chorus as opposed to the weird jazzy nature of the final version. Can't wait for new album, coming in about 2038.

I also got Lateralus by Tool for Christmas. Excellent. Highly recommended.

Kate Bush's Hounds of Love is also a recent purchase, because I had had it from the library and grown totally addicted to it but I had to take it back because someone else had a hold on it so I went out and got it. This album is just breathtaking form beginning to end. Her voice is just unbelieveable...amazing range...and the textures of the songs are so creative and unusual...Running up that Hill (A Deal With God), Hounds of Love, Mother Stands for Comfort, and Cloudbusting are favourites. Waking the Witch still scares the shit out of me every time I hear it.

The Mars Volta's album is the only other one I can think of, excellent stuff.

Back in September, I bought Green Day's American Idiot. Album of the Year hands down.

Nice pick ups. I'm just happy to get Burn and Dead Souls on the one disc. Had to rebuy TDS anyway though, the first one I bought back in 97 has about a thousand scratches all over it. That Nirvana box set is also pretty nifty too, I never realized how punk they were in thier early days.

Yes, the NIN reissue is pretty awesome. And not just for the second disc, but the regular album sounds better as well.

The Nirvana box set is fantastic. Highly recommended to anyone who has ever held even a passing interest in Nirvana's music. I wrote a review of it for my school newspaper. If there's high enough demand, maybe I'll post it sometime.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jan 14 2005, 06:41 PM)
Yes, the NIN reissue is pretty awesome. And not just for the second disc, but the regular album sounds better as well.

The Nirvana box set is fantastic. Highly recommended to anyone who has ever held even a passing interest in Nirvana's music. I wrote a review of it for my school newspaper. If there's high enough demand, maybe I'll post it sometime.

Yeah puppet do that! I'd be interested in reading what you wrote... Thanks a lot for the "Every Soul A Battlefield" Boot! AWESOME!! 2.gif

Eric Clapton-The best of:Clapton Chronicles

Sinatra Reprise- The Very Good Years

Van Morrison- Best of Van Morrison

AC/DC- Highway to Hell (remastered)

Santana- Dance of the Rainbow Serpent (box set) drool1.gif

and i recently downloaded Rush's Fifth Order of Angels Concert.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jan 16 2005, 10:44 PM)
Finally cashed in all my Barnes and Noble gift cards today...I'm now the proud owner of the Doors' greatest hits and the Who's Quadrophenia. Woot!

VERY NICE PUPPETKING. Out of every album I own, and probably any album I will own, I dont think I will ever find a better one the Quadrophenia. It is by far my favorite album, definatly speaks to me deeper then anything I've ever heard before. Rush may be my favorite band, but even they couldnt top The Who's work on this album.

As for The Doors, I took the long way and just bought all thier studio albums, tongue.gif

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Jan 17 2005, 03:34 PM)
I don't know if anyone on here has ever heard their music, but Dio is a very good band. Everyone should get some of their CDs. Some of their more famous songs are Man on the Silver Mountain, Rainbow in the Dark and Last In Line. Very good stuff. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

One correction, Man on the silver Mountain has DIO on Vocals but the Band is Rainbow. trink38.gif

This small guy has one of the best Rock vioces ever. Do you know the song Rainbow eyes from Rainbows-Long live Rock`n Roll. A beauty just like Rivendell.

Did I mention that I will recive a Pro shot DVD of DIO best of Set last year on an German Open Air.

When there is interest....Let me know biggrin.gif