Official New Music Thread

Moonraker

Listening to Operation Mindcrime (Queensryche) for the first time in 15 years. This cassette tape spent an entire summer in my car and it finally wore out. My Amazon copy just came and holy shit is this a blast form the past LOL
  • Like 1

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Jan 24 2005, 09:57 PM)
Listening to Operation Mindcrime (Queensryche) for the first time in 15 years. This cassette tape spent an entire summer in my car and it finally wore out. My Amazon copy just came and holy shit is this a blast form the past LOL

Queensryche is putting on a tour in which they will play the entire Operation: Mindcrime as thier second set. I unfortunatly will not be able to attend this as it falls on a Thursday and I dont get out of school until 9:30pm. If it were any other class other then my dance class, I might be inclined to skip that in order to see something in all likelyhood I would never get to see again, but dancing takes precedence over everything. Oh well, maybe I will catch Queensryche in a couple years after they release and tour for Operation: Mindcrime 2 which I heard is in the works.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Jan 25 2005, 01:02 AM)
QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Jan 24 2005, 09:57 PM)
Listening to Operation Mindcrime (Queensryche) for the first time in 15 years.  This cassette tape spent an entire summer in my car and it finally wore out.  My Amazon copy just came and holy shit is this a blast form the past LOL

Queensryche is putting on a tour in which they will play the entire Operation: Mindcrime as thier second set. I unfortunatly will not be able to attend this as it falls on a Thursday and I dont get out of school until 9:30pm. If it were any other class other then my dance class, I might be inclined to skip that in order to see something in all likelyhood I would never get to see again, but dancing takes precedence over everything. Oh well, maybe I will catch Queensryche in a couple years after they release and tour for Operation: Mindcrime 2 which I heard is in the works.

What is the CA date? Is there a schedule lsited somewhere? Very cool! laugh.gif

I just received Kamelot - Karma in the mail.

I am VERY impressed with this cd.

From the music itself, which is magnificent; down to the graphics, photography, & packaging.

This is a QUALITY CD!

QUOTE (kazzman @ Feb 5 2005, 07:12 AM)
Ok, next, get Epica and The Black Halo when it is released. You definently won't be dissapointed byt it.

Still trying to get Epica. No store has it yet.

I guess I will try trhough Amazon now.

And The Black Halo is marked. I will heard it at first biggrin.gif

Thanx to you for introducing me to Kamelot. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Phoenix @ Feb 5 2005, 06:09 AM)
Have you ever checked out Helloween?

I want out, to liiiiiiive my life and to be freeeee!

great band! you have taste, sir.

Do you know UKW? hahaha, I picked up the Sommersprossen single in a used record shop and I am... surprised!

QUOTE (Oberon @ Feb 6 2005, 10:08 PM)
QUOTE (Phoenix @ Feb 5 2005, 06:09 AM)
Have you ever checked out Helloween?

I want out, to liiiiiiive my life and to be freeeee!

great band! you have taste, sir.

Do you know UKW? hahaha, I picked up the Sommersprossen single in a used record shop and I am... surprised!

Thanx Obi.

And you know where Keeper of the seven keys I+II been recorded, and Gamma rays debut Heading for tomorrow?

Of cause I know UKW. The mid eighties were a amazing period for German music.

A lot of cool band were around that time, like Hubert Kah, Peter Schilling, Ideal and so much more. Just like right now again. Many new bands come up with german lyrics and be top of the pops.

Edited by Phoenix

Yes, I have a Hubert Kah single as well. Funny but surprisingly quite good. It's always fun to hear bands singing in their native language and still be popular. By the way, what does "Sommersprossen" mean?

As for the recording of the Helloween and Gamma Ray albums... I'll take a wild guess and say Hanover. biggrin.gif

The other day when my mom and brother were gone and my dad was at work, I sneaked out and went to the record store and bought:

Emerson, Lake and Palmer-Brain Salad Surgery

Yes-The Yes Album

Yes-Relayer

I am super pleased with all three. Befoer these discoveries, I thought I had run out of good music to buy!

Next on my to-buy list is ELP's Tarkus.

QUOTE (Phoenix @ Feb 7 2005, 03:54 PM)
For Kazz and Emmy:
Even Kamelot recorded "The fourth Legacy" in a nearby City called Wolfsburg.
Just found out today that Kamelot are from Florida. They sound sound so european. Awesome.

Kamelot records all of their albums in Germany believe it or not. As for the band being from Florida, that is correct, but Roy Khan (the lead singer) is from Norway...

QUOTE (kazzman @ Feb 7 2005, 04:22 PM)
Kamelot records all of their albums in Germany believe it or not. As for the band being from Florida, that is correct, but Roy Khan (the lead singer) is from Norway...

Wohooo, must be something in the air that this kind of music is so big in Germany. trink39.gif

Tomorrow I hope to recive "Epica" from Amazon, notified for shipping today. biggrin.gif

What are their roots. I heard so much of Helloween & Stratovarius ...?

QUOTE (Phoenix @ Feb 7 2005, 04:27 PM)
QUOTE (kazzman @ Feb 7 2005, 04:22 PM)

Wohooo, must be something in the air that this kind of music is so big in Germany. trink39.gif

Tomorrow I hope to recive "Epica" from Amazon, notified for shipping today. biggrin.gif

What are their roots. I heard so much of Helloween & Stratovarius ...?

Helloween, Stratovarius, Slayer, Iron Maiden. Pretty much most of your 80's melodic metal bands. Hell, even Rush was one of their main influences they've said.

I'm a bit of a late-bloomer. I finally got some Creed (it's been on the XMas list for a few years - but noone would buy it for me!).

Next up is Linkin Park, and then Velvet Revolver (if the hubby doesn't yell at me for spending too much money wacko.gif ).