Official New Music Thread

Moonraker

QUOTE (The Rocinante @ Nov 3 2007, 09:33 PM)
Nine Inch Nails-With Teeth (f**king incredible album)

Gotta disagree on that one...it's got about 5 songs that I think are some of the best Trent has ever written, and the rest of it is just really mediocre.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Nov 3 2007, 11:08 PM)

Gotta disagree on that one...it's got about 5 songs that I think are some of the best Trent has ever written, and the rest of it is just really mediocre.

That's what I thought when I first heard it, ATM it's one of my favorites.

QUOTE (The Rocinante @ Nov 4 2007, 07:27 AM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Nov 3 2007, 11:08 PM)

That's what I thought when I first heard it, ATM it's one of my favorites.

Same here, at first I thought it was mediocre for NIN but after a while it really grew on me.

Coheed & Cambria - Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume Two: No World For Tomorrow

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Nov 9 2007, 12:51 AM)
QUOTE (pt2112 @ Nov 8 2007, 09:42 PM)
Saga- 10000 Days

Wow, Tool must have jacked their album title from this or something...or is it the other way around?

No, this album just came out 2 days ago. Not a Tool fan, so I could care less.

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Nov 8 2007, 05:09 AM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Nov 7 2007, 11:28 PM)
QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Nov 7 2007, 06:34 PM)
() - Sigur Ros

Blahddy mahvellous, innit?

Still haven't listened to it yet.

I'm saving it for a nice, relaxing evening.

It's amazing. Every night before I go to bed, I listen to it. I let the bass fill my headphones and let the swirling sounds take me away...

I get my best nights' sleep when I listen to ().

QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Nov 10 2007, 04:29 AM)
QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Nov 8 2007, 05:09 AM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Nov 7 2007, 11:28 PM)
QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Nov 7 2007, 06:34 PM)
() - Sigur Ros

Blahddy mahvellous, innit?

Still haven't listened to it yet.

I'm saving it for a nice, relaxing evening.

It's amazing. Every night before I go to bed, I listen to it. I let the bass fill my headphones and let the swirling sounds take me away...

I get my best nights' sleep when I listen to ().

Well, I finally listened to it today, and I think it's outstanding!

One of those albums that contains very emotional music, that you think is sombre at first, but it's music that seems to be more uplifting, as in, 'there's light at the end of the tunnel'. Just what I needed, really.

Truly magnificent.

Edited by Mandalorian Hunter

Pineapple Thief - What We Have Sown

3 - The End Is Begun

Marillion - Marbles By The Sea

The Who - 2006: Portland, OR 10/10

If anyone hasn't gotten one of these "Encore Series" CDs available from www.themusic.com (I think Genesis is doing them for their current tour as well), I highly recommend them. I was at this Who show a year ago, and I had gotten tired of not getting this Encore Series CD for Christmas or my birthday, so I just ordered it two days ago. Not only did it ship really fast (got it today), but it's a top-notch product. It's got a grainy cardboard sleeve that's made to look like an old-school vinyl bootleg, with the "The Who 2006" logo in black, and "PORTLAND, OR 10/10" stamped on it in red. And the inside and discs and stuff is all very well-produced, and the sound quality on the recording is first-rate. It was a great show, and I'm glad I can have it forever now.

On the back of the sleeve, it said "All profits go to charities supported by the Who." Which made me feel a little bit better about the fact that this cost me $35 including shipping.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Nov 18 2007, 12:22 AM)
The Who - 2006: Portland, OR 10/10

If anyone hasn't gotten one of these "Encore Series" CDs available from www.themusic.com (I think Genesis is doing them for their current tour as well), I highly recommend them. I was at this Who show a year ago, and I had gotten tired of not getting this Encore Series CD for Christmas or my birthday, so I just ordered it two days ago. Not only did it ship really fast (got it today), but it's a top-notch product. It's got a grainy cardboard sleeve that's made to look like an old-school vinyl bootleg, with the "The Who 2006" logo in black, and "PORTLAND, OR 10/10" stamped on it in red. And the inside and discs and stuff is all very well-produced, and the sound quality on the recording is first-rate. It was a great show, and I'm glad I can have it forever now.

On the back of the sleeve, it said "All profits go to charities supported by the Who." Which made me feel a little bit better about the fact that this cost me $35 including shipping.

Wow. I might have to get the Toronto show of Genesis.