Official New Music Thread

Moonraker

QUOTE (pt2112 @ Nov 17 2007, 09:34 PM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Nov 18 2007, 12:22 AM)
The Who - 2006: Portland, OR 10/10

If anyone hasn't gotten one of these "Encore Series" CDs available from www.themusic.com (I think Genesis is doing them for their current tour as well), I highly recommend them. I was at this Who show a year ago, and I had gotten tired of not getting this Encore Series CD for Christmas or my birthday, so I just ordered it two days ago. Not only did it ship really fast (got it today), but it's a top-notch product. It's got a grainy cardboard sleeve that's made to look like an old-school vinyl bootleg, with the "The Who 2006" logo in black, and "PORTLAND, OR 10/10" stamped on it in red. And the inside and discs and stuff is all very well-produced, and the sound quality on the recording is first-rate. It was a great show, and I'm glad I can have it forever now.

On the back of the sleeve, it said "All profits go to charities supported by the Who." Which made me feel a little bit better about the fact that this cost me $35 including shipping.

Wow. I might have to get the Toronto show of Genesis.

If you were there, it's well worth it.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Nov 18 2007, 12:44 AM)
QUOTE (pt2112 @ Nov 17 2007, 09:34 PM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Nov 18 2007, 12:22 AM)
The Who - 2006: Portland, OR 10/10

If anyone hasn't gotten one of these "Encore Series" CDs available from www.themusic.com (I think Genesis is doing them for their current tour as well), I highly recommend them. I was at this Who show a year ago, and I had gotten tired of not getting this Encore Series CD for Christmas or my birthday, so I just ordered it two days ago. Not only did it ship really fast (got it today), but it's a top-notch product. It's got a grainy cardboard sleeve that's made to look like an old-school vinyl bootleg, with the "The Who 2006" logo in black, and "PORTLAND, OR 10/10" stamped on it in red. And the inside and discs and stuff is all very well-produced, and the sound quality on the recording is first-rate. It was a great show, and I'm glad I can have it forever now.

On the back of the sleeve, it said "All profits go to charities supported by the Who." Which made me feel a little bit better about the fact that this cost me $35 including shipping.

Wow. I might have to get the Toronto show of Genesis.

If you were there, it's well worth it.

Yeah, I was. It was a great show, sound was incredible for a huge stadium.

QUOTE (syrinxpriest 2112 @ Nov 25 2007, 07:13 PM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Nov 23 2007, 11:04 PM)
Justin Timberlake - FutureSex/LoveShow: Live From Madison Square Garden DVD

Fantastic concert. JT has really grown on me over the last couple of months.

He does that, doesn't he? A year ago, I loved "My Love" and hated "SexyBack," and was still really biased against him because I mostly associated his name with that of 'N Sync. But I just kept on seeing all these high reviews for FutureSex/LoveSounds and so I finally downloaded it. A year later I'm still listening to it quite a lot. And I've seen him in concert. And I'd actually consider myself a Justin Timberlake fan at this point. A year ago if you told me I'd be saying this in a year, I'd have thought you were on crack or something.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Nov 29 2007, 04:17 PM)
QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Nov 29 2007, 03:16 AM)
The Killers - Sam's Town

Ehhhhh, I don't know about this one.

I kinda like it.

I've not listened to it enough to pass real judgement. And I don't have Hot Fuss yet, so I can't compare it to that, which is a bad idea i've heard.

Edited by Mandalorian Hunter

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Nov 29 2007, 12:46 PM)
The Killers - Sam's Town

I kinda like it.

I've not listened to it enough to pass real judgement. And I don't have Hot Fuss yet, so I can't compare it to that, which is a bad idea i've heard.

new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (pt2112 @ Nov 29 2007, 07:15 PM)
The Killers - Sam's Town

I kinda like it.

*middle finger*

tongue.gif

Was that at me buying The Killers, or buying Sam's Town instead of Hot Fuss

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Nov 29 2007, 05:40 PM)
The Killers - Sam's Town

I kinda like it.

*middle finger*

tongue.gif

The latter.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Nov 30 2007, 02:12 AM)
QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Nov 29 2007, 05:40 PM)
The Killers - Sam's Town

I kinda like it.

*middle finger*

tongue.gif

The latter.

Well, Hot Fuss is at the top of the list for next week.

Oh, and that wasn't aimed at you, just incase you thought it was.

Edited by Mandalorian Hunter

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Nov 29 2007, 08:40 PM)
The Killers - Sam's Town

I kinda like it.

*middle finger*

tongue.gif

Well for me, it was buying The Killers in general.

QUOTE (pt2112 @ Nov 30 2007, 02:37 AM)
QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Nov 29 2007, 08:40 PM)
The Killers - Sam's Town

I kinda like it.

*middle finger*

tongue.gif

Well for me, it was buying The Killers in general.

Nothing wrong with them at all.

They're a good band. I guess I wouldn't have wanted them staying with Hot Fuss's synth-pop sound forever. They tried something different on Sam's Town and attempted to be Springsteen, but they fell terribly short (and I don't even like Springsteen when I say that). Maybe they'll find something new that works with their next record.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Nov 30 2007, 03:04 AM)
They're a good band. I guess I wouldn't have wanted them staying with Hot Fuss's synth-pop sound forever. They tried something different on Sam's Town and attempted to be Springsteen, but they fell terribly short (and I don't even like Springsteen when I say that). Maybe they'll find something new that works with their next record.

I'm fairly sure Brandon has said that they'll be returning to a Hot Fuss type sound for the next record. There's a remix track on their recent Sawdust album which is apparently what the new album will sound like.

However, I haven't got that, so I can't really comment if it's any good or not.

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Nov 30 2007, 02:17 PM)

I'm fairly sure Brandon has said that they'll be returning to a Hot Fuss type sound for the next record. There's a remix track on their recent Sawdust album which is apparently what the new album will sound like.

I like Sam's Town. It's superior to Hot Fuss, sure it's derivative, with obvious nods to Springsteen, but the tunes are very good.

I haven't bought Sawdust yet, but I love the single featuiring the ever shiny and happy Lou Reed.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Nov 30 2007, 05:01 PM)
QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Nov 30 2007, 02:17 PM)

I like Sam's Town. It's superior to Hot Fuss, sure it's derivative, with obvious nods to Springsteen, but the tunes are very good.

I haven't bought Sawdust yet, but I love the single featuiring the ever shiny and happy Lou Reed.

I'd have to agree with you right now. I'm four songs into Hot Fuss and it seems to just plod along. It's a good album, but Sam's Town sounds like it's got abit more ambition.