Official New Music Thread

Moonraker

QUOTE (Kudzu @ Feb 7 2008, 03:06 PM)
Got The Decline of British Sea Power by British Sea Power. I'm listening to it now. The first three tracks sound like bizarre outtakes and aren't at all to my tastes, but from there on out, everything has been pretty damn good. It's indie alt-rock, for the curious, with some progressive leanings (one of the songs is 14 minutes long).

Their new album is great, I don't know if you've heard that one yet. Comes out on Tuesday.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Feb 7 2008, 05:14 PM)
QUOTE (Kudzu @ Feb 7 2008, 03:06 PM)
Got The Decline of British Sea Power by British Sea Power. I'm listening to it now. The first three tracks sound like bizarre outtakes and aren't at all to my tastes, but from there on out, everything has been pretty damn good. It's indie alt-rock, for the curious, with some progressive leanings (one of the songs is 14 minutes long).

Their new album is great, I don't know if you've heard that one yet. Comes out on Tuesday.

Yeah, I'm planning on buying it on the Amazon Marketplace whenever people start reselling for cheaper. I have enough new music inbound that I can wait a few extra days.

QUOTE (Kudzu @ Feb 7 2008, 11:06 PM)

I may have to look into purchasing some of their albums then.

Pete Townshend - All the Best Cowboys Have Chinese Eyes

Roger Daltrey - Under a Raging Moon

The Rolling Stones - Forty Licks (replacement, I found cheap and is the Virgin/EMI issue new for $20, the Abkco version is too expensive)

QUOTE (Kudzu @ Feb 7 2008, 07:06 PM)

That's a pretty cool record, but I didn't like their second one (Open Season) too much.

I just got a vinyl copy of You Are There by Mono... sounds great, and is a pretty cool album.

http://www.sweetslyrics.com/poze/mono.jpg

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Feb 11 2008, 03:07 PM)
QUOTE (Kudzu @ Feb 7 2008, 07:06 PM)

That's a pretty cool record, but I didn't like their second one (Open Season) too much.

I just got that one today. I think on the whole, it's not quite as inspired, but I love "It Ended on an Oily Stage", "Please Stand Up" and "Oh Larsen B", and there are a few other good songs too (and not really any bad ones, but just some more filler).

Everything I hear about Do You Like Rock Music? is positively glowing, and "Waving Flags" (one of the singles) is superb. I think I'll order it tomorrow if I can get a Marketplace copy cheaper than what Amazon is selling it for (why pay $15 for a CD when you can pay $10 instead?).

I got Under Wraps by Jethro Tull today, which I'm listening to now...considerably more dated than the other mid-1980s pop-prog Cold War albums (Grace Under Pressure, Vulture Culture, Stationary Traveller, Brother Where You Bound, etc.) and rather hit and miss, but I've found a few good tracks: "Lap of Luxury", "Later, That Same Evening", and "Astronomy", for example.

I also picked up The Soft Bulletin (my first Flaming Lips album) but I haven't listened to it yet. And I ordered both Do You Like Rock Music? by British Sea Power and Stationary Traveller by Camel.

Edited by Kudzu

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Feb 14 2008, 10:00 PM)
QUOTE (Kudzu @ Feb 1 2008, 08:17 PM)
Moonmadness by Camel

I have such a hard time finding anything by Camel.

Such a good band.

Try Amazon. They've got the first six or seven Camel albums on the Marketplace for pretty cheap.

Unless you're a vinyl guy.

For the Birds by The Frames.

I don't like it as well as Fitzcarraldo or The Cost, but maybe it needs repeat listening to work its magic. There are some weird electronic backing elements on several of the songs that...kinda ruin them, I think. Or maybe it's these shitty speakers I'm using until my regs get their amp back from the shop.