Official New Music Thread

Moonraker

I have to expand on Dream Theater's Octavarium CD here. Honestly, this new album is unbelievable. Usually I have to admit that I will love a song or two of DTs on their albums, the rest I can take or leave. After two solid listenings to this album I am REALLY impressed. It is like they have gone in a new direction, they have cut the "diddle daddle lets play real fast and f**k up the song in the middle of good parts" crap and gone to TOWN on this. Seriously a great album. Every song.

^ ^ ^ I bought it on new release Tuesday tongue.gif

At first I wasn't much of a fan, but after awhile, I've come to think it has some greats. "Panic Attack", "These Walls"... and of course, the title cut is amazing.

Didn't really like "The Answer Lies Within", but still, a good album. It'll be interesting to see where they head if a new record is made.

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Feb 8 2006, 09:17 PM)
^ ^ ^ I bought it on new release Tuesday tongue.gif

At first I wasn't much of a fan, but after awhile, I've come to think it has some greats. "Panic Attack", "These Walls"... and of course, the title cut is amazing.

Didn't really like "The Answer Lies Within", but still, a good album. It'll be interesting to see where they head if a new record is made.

MD Give The Answer Lies Within another chance - I didn't like it at first, but after a few listens I like it a lot trink39.gif

I finally picked up my first Maiden ALBUM!! Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, and also Children Of Bodom-Hate Crew DeathRoll

QUOTE (D-13 @ Feb 9 2006, 10:40 AM)
2 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users):
D-13, sullysue

Dude get Porcupine's "Deadwing"! biggrin.gif

I concur!

Everybody should get that album... it's a masterpiece! People who like PT should check out Opeth's album Damnation. DON'T WORRY! No metal at all, just mellow prog rock...

My birthday(which was January 24) I got

Pink Floyd A Nice Pair(CD is an European import)

Sex Pistols Never Mind the Bollocks(the best punk album ever IMHO)

Queen On Fire Live at the Bowl(father got me CD for birthday Jan 24), A Night at the Opera 30th Anniversary(January 29), A Day at the Races Japanese import CD(I picked up on 4 February), News of the World(I picked up on 5 February)

I am getting Rush Hold Your Fire, David Bowie's Ziggy Stardust, Ziggy Stardust Soundtrack(Remastered version), Scary Monsters and the US 2-CD version of The Best of Bowie in the mail next week

Edited by floydfanatic111

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Feb 17 2006, 08:02 PM)
QUOTE (kazzman @ Feb 17 2006, 08:11 AM)
Icarus Witch - Capture the Magic

80's metal purists will love this band.

Didn't they ask you to audition for them? That name sounds familiar.

Yeah, but with the way XN was accepted last night at our gig, I'm not regretting turning them down.

Bought the Black Sabbath Box Set biggrin.gif

and also Fleetwood Mac's Rumours DVD....they go through each song and explain at the time what they were thinking and lyrically what the song is about then they go to the studio and explain the different parts of each song...wicked cool!