Official New Music Thread

Moonraker

I have Roy Harper's Unknown Soldier album which should be Harper/Gilmour album as David Gilmour co-wrote five of the ten tracks. Also, David played guitar on the whole thing. My favorites were The Fly Catcher, You(The Game Part II) which also had Kate Bush duetting with Roy, True Story(the riff sounds like Run Like Hell in a different key) and a re-do of Gilmour's Short and Sweet.

Picked up Judas Priest- Rising IN The East DVD....very sucky video quality, but a sweet ass set list!!!

Zack Hexum- The Story So Far

Ozzy Osbourne- Under Cover

Paul McCartney- Chaos and Creation in the Backyard

Trans Siberian Orchestra- The Lost Christmas Eve

Hey Comrades, I just downloaded these albums at my cousins house...:

Gordian Knot - Gordian Knot (beautiful instrumental prog rock...)

The Devin Townsend Band - Accelerated Evolution (see the thread I made, damn it)

Thursday - Full Collapse (if anyone calls me an emo kid I'll castrate said anyone)

Spastic Ink - Ink Compatible (INCREDIBLE prog metal)

Opeth - Still Life (Absolutely amazing, as usual)

Opeth - Damnation (A very nice deviation from the norm...)

Spiral Architect - A Sceptic's Universe (like... uh... power-prog metal I guess...)

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Dec 1 2005, 01:51 AM)

I was just listening to a prog station on the last.fm site a couple days ago and a track from Gordian Knot came on. I really liked it and would like to hear more.

QUOTE (bardan @ Dec 6 2005, 04:20 AM)

I was just listening to a prog station on the last.fm site a couple days ago and a track from Gordian Knot came on. I really liked it and would like to hear more.

Really? That's awesome... I only have the first album (s/t), but they have a second one called Emergent, so I dunno which album you heard. I would recommend any song from the first album, but my personal favourite is "Rivers Dancing".

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Dec 6 2005, 05:28 PM)
QUOTE (bardan @ Dec 6 2005, 04:20 AM)

Really? That's awesome... I only have the first album (s/t), but they have a second one called Emergent, so I dunno which album you heard. I would recommend any song from the first album, but my personal favourite is "Rivers Dancing".

It was from Emergent and after searching I figured out that the track was "Singing Deep Mountain". I take it that there are different artist performing on each album? I noticed that both Bill Bruford and Steve Hackett are on Emergent. Now I really need to check out more of this. cool.gif

Found this...

Gordian Knot - Gordian Knot

Gordian Knot was conceived as a project to demonstrate Sean Malone's abilities as both composer and performer. Malone's ground-breaking performance on Cynic's 1994 release Focus brought him worldwide acclaim for his bass work and his mastery of the 12-string Chapman Stick. On Gordian Knot, he pushes the instrument to its limits - whether he is playing percussive bass lines, flowing glissandos, or pure shredding leads that would wither most guitarists. Only musicians of the highest caliber could perform music of such complexity. Drawing from the genres of progressive rock and metal, Malone invited an all-star lineup to participate: Trey Gunn (Warr guitar), Sean Reinert (drums), Ron Jarzombek (guitar), Glenn Snelwar (guitar) and John Myung (Chapman Stick). Unlike other "all-star" projects, Gordian Knot is primarily the vision of one composer - Sean Malone. Because each member had the flexibility to contribute his own parts, the music has a fully-integrated, group sound, with the personality of each musician fully realized. Gordian Knot is a highly composed and organized collection of songs that blur the distinction between progressive rock and metal. Instrumental Guitar (Electric (Heavy)/Progressive/Hard Rock), total running time, 58:07

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gordian Knot - Emergent

In 1999, former Cynic bassist Sean Malone shocked the metal and progressive rock world with the debut release of his Gordian Knot project. Featuring a lineup of renowned musicians it blurred the distinction between rock and metal creating a defining statement for the genre. Three years in the making the follow up album, Emergent, pushes the envelope even further. Perhaps heavier and more complex it seamlessly blends rock, metal and fusion. Once again Malone has surrounded himself with a stellar cast of musicians, including Jason Gobel on guitar (Cynic), Bill Bruford on drums and percussion (King Crimson, Yes, Genesis), Steve Hackett on guitar (Genesis), Jim Matheos on guitar (Fates Warning), Sean Reinert on drums and percussion (Cynic), and Paul Masvidalon on guitar (Cynic). Instrumental Guitar (Electric (Heavy)/Progressive/Hard Rock), total running time, 49:51

QUOTE (bardan @ Dec 6 2005, 06:59 PM)
Found this...

Gordian Knot - Gordian Knot

Gordian Knot was conceived as a project to demonstrate Sean Malone's abilities as both composer and performer. Malone's ground-breaking performance on Cynic's 1994 release Focus brought him worldwide acclaim for his bass work and his mastery of the 12-string Chapman Stick. On Gordian Knot, he pushes the instrument to its limits - whether he is playing percussive bass lines, flowing glissandos, or pure shredding leads that would wither most guitarists. Only musicians of the highest caliber could perform music of such complexity. Drawing from the genres of progressive rock and metal, Malone invited an all-star lineup to participate: Trey Gunn (Warr guitar), Sean Reinert (drums), Ron Jarzombek (guitar), Glenn Snelwar (guitar) and John Myung (Chapman Stick). Unlike other "all-star" projects, Gordian Knot is primarily the vision of one composer - Sean Malone. Because each member had the flexibility to contribute his own parts, the music has a fully-integrated, group sound, with the personality of each musician fully realized. Gordian Knot is a highly composed and organized collection of songs that blur the distinction between progressive rock and metal. Instrumental Guitar (Electric (Heavy)/Progressive/Hard Rock), total running time, 58:07

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gordian Knot - Emergent

In 1999, former Cynic bassist Sean Malone shocked the metal and progressive rock world with the debut release of his Gordian Knot project. Featuring a lineup of renowned musicians it blurred the distinction between rock and metal creating a defining statement for the genre. Three years in the making the follow up album, Emergent, pushes the envelope even further. Perhaps heavier and more complex it seamlessly blends rock, metal and fusion. Once again Malone has surrounded himself with a stellar cast of musicians, including Jason Gobel on guitar (Cynic), Bill Bruford on drums and percussion (King Crimson, Yes, Genesis), Steve Hackett on guitar (Genesis), Jim Matheos on guitar (Fates Warning), Sean Reinert on drums and percussion (Cynic), and Paul Masvidalon on guitar (Cynic). Instrumental Guitar (Electric (Heavy)/Progressive/Hard Rock), total running time, 49:51

Cool... looks like Ron Jarzombek isn't on the second album... sad.gif He was the whole reason I checked them out in the first place. Although, I did hear that Emergent was better than the debut.

By the way, nice avatar...

You people may kill me:

Journey Live in Houston 1981 The Escape Tour

Journey Escape

Bruce Springsteen Born to Run

Bruce Springsteen Born in the U.S.A.

I liked Journey's classic era 1978-97. Their ex-drummer for the Evolution, Departure, Captured, Escape, Frontiers and Trial by Fire albums Steve Smith is a superb drummer and coincidentally grew up in same town as I did(Whitman, MA) and also graduated from the same High School I went to(Whitman Hanson Regional High School) as well. My favorite Journey tracks tended to be the more rocking/art rocking tunes like The Winds of March(from Infinity) and Mother Father(from Escape).

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Dec 7 2005, 02:34 AM)
Heh not here floydfanatic, I havent listened to Journey in a while, but I have always been a closet Journey fan. I especially like the greatest hits live album though, the live recordings had much more of a punch to them then the studio versions did.

Captured, Greatest Hits Live and Live in Houston 1981 showed Journey rocked live and were better live than studio!

QUOTE (D-13 @ Dec 6 2005, 08:15 AM)
Just ordered on Amazon

"A Lovemongers Christmas"-The Lovemongers ( Ann and Nancy's band with Sue Ennis and Frank Cox)
"Whirlygig"-The Lovemongers

Got them...and love it. biggrin.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif