Official New Music Thread

Moonraker

Ordered from Amazon for a total of $25.98:

The Who - Quadrophenia

Yes - Magnification (with bonus live disc)

Picked up U2's War, nearly completing my purchase of their early stuff. Now all that I've got to get to finish that period is October.

Well, we got finished eating dinner early here in D.C. so we walked around Union Station and found an FYE. Apparently, they were going out of business because almost all of their stuff was like $9.99 so I picked up blink-182's self-titled album and U2's October for a total of $21.18. 1022.gif

I went out to LA with my school's (Arizona State) basketball band for the Pac 10 Tournament and our first night there I jumped on the metro to hit up Amoeba Music, where $95 was well spent!:

CD's

ELP: Live at the Royal Albert Hall ($6.99)

Soft Machine: Volumes 1 and 2 ($9.99)

Gong: Angel's Egg ($6.99)

The Nice: Five Bridges (Import) ($9.99)

LSO with Steve Hackett: We Know What We Like: the Music of Genesis ($3.99)

and my greatest find...

Procol Harum: The First Four Albums Collection: Self-titled; Shine On Brightly; A Salty dog; and Home. This collection is out of print and I found it for a mere $14.99!!

DVD's

Classic Artists: YES: Their definitive authorized story

Message of Love: The Isle of Wight Festival: The Movie

Book

Rocking the Classics: English Progressive Rock and the Counterculture.

I HIGHLY recommend Amoeba to everyone, words can't express how satisfied I was with my first experience there. I spent almost two hours in the store and didn't even get out of the Rock section!!! To all you Californians, I am extremely jealous of your fine record stores! I'll definitely be back.

QUOTE (progrush2112 @ Mar 13 2010, 10:29 PM)
I HIGHLY recommend Amoeba to everyone, words can't express how satisfied I was with my first experience there. I spent almost two hours in the store and didn't even get out of the Rock section!!! To all you Californians, I am extremely jealous of your fine record stores! I'll definitely be back.

I know. Its the ONLY place to hit for sounds in LA. I spent about the same amount of time as you and didn't even scratch the surface. I also kinda got lost upstairs with all the fricken DVDs that didn't help matters...oh well, better luck next time on the second visit laugh.gif

Gorillaz - Plastic Beach (Experience Edition w/DVD)

King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson King

The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground & Nico

Yes - Live in Philadelphia 1979 DVD (for only $8!)

For a total of $13.89 at my local Best Buy, I got these two:

Beach House - Teen Dream (CD/DVD version)

Vampire Weekend - Contra

Got all of these (used) at the FYE in Hanover, Maryland for a total of $39.99:

Black Flag - Live '84

blink-182 - Enema of the State (to replace the shitty 192-kbps mp3's I have now)

Genesis - Abacab; Genesis

Morrissey - Vauxhall and I

Rush 2112 incense cool.gif

Thom Yorke - The Eraser

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Apr 10 2010, 01:29 PM)
Morrissey - Vauxhall and I

Good choice. If you like it half as much as me you will be stoked. Look forward to your rating. Don't disappoint me Zanny, I'm counting on this one biggrin.gif

Picked up Coheed and Cambria's new record, Year of the Black Rainbow, today. It's my first impulse purchase of the year (buying a record with little/no prior knowledge that came out the same day you bought it). Last year's choice was New Again by Taking Back Sunday, which ended up in my top five of the year. Hopefully I like it as much as that record, if not more.

QUOTE (bigmoney2112 @ Apr 25 2010, 04:10 PM)
Yes- 90125

wub.gif

This week I'm gonna pick up RENEGADE CREATION!

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/1553/renegadecreation.jpg

here's a little info

Renegade Creation is the new record by veteran musical giants, Michael Landau, Robben Ford, Jimmy Haslip and Gary Novak. Blending together to create a blues-driven sound that not only will satisfy their individual fans but is fresh enough to attract a legion of new fans as well. Delivering bot hrootsy, blues/rock vocal tunes and fiery instrumentals, the band draws on the unique guitar interplay between guitar giants Robben Ford and Michael Landau who inspire each other to new personal bests.

QUOTE (Mike @ Apr 25 2010, 06:14 PM)
http://www.musicstorm.org/uploads/posts/2010-02/thumbs/1266404158_bak24ye6fjm0jm7wflke.jpg

love this one...........High on Fire rules....

QUOTE (Nova @ May 3 2010, 07:29 PM)
About 2 months ago, I got a copy of Stone Sours "Come What(ever) May" at goodwill for like a dollar. Best deal EVER! biggrin.gif

Great album 1022.gif