Clockwork Angels Novel-Signed Special Editions

mandydog

QUOTE (rocketom @ Jul 26 2012, 07:52 AM)
Not a bad deal. Cool if you're a collector of Rush items.

Yeah the gold edition seems pricey until you figure in 5 autographs, the manuscript page is one of a kind and limited to 302 pieces, the Syme signed litho, and the fact that they are all framed. That's pretty cool.

Yikes!!! My order "crapped out" during payment processing as soon as the sale began. Then, both websites did not allow online orders and the Backstage phone busy, busy busy!!! After twnety minutes, I finally managed to get the Gold Edition online. Now I can happily get back to work.

By the skin of my teeth I snagged a Silver Edition from the ECW site. RBC was slammed early and sold out fast. The ECW site was dead slow but I stuck with it and finally got a Silver.

Now I will have the KJA signed sample reader, The paperback Advance Reading Copy (now reading) and a NP and KJA signed hardcover.

Nobody could accuse me of being a fanboy!

Both sites were down but I kept trying on the both and finally got a copy of the silver from the ECW site. The gold was still available form the Rush site last I looked but is just a bit too pricey for me. Loved the fact that I did get a silver though!! Happy hunting. 2.gif

I think there is a difference in the way the books were signed in each version. The silver version showed the signatures being on a bookplate-which is basically a sticker stuck into the book. The Gold version, I think, is actually signed and numbered on the book itself.

It didnt spell this out in the description but on the silver one it said it was "autographed" and numbered starting at 300, while the Gold one says its actually signed. While it may not matter to alot of people, books signed on a bookplate instead of the book itself, tend to go for alot less. I guess thats just because it means that they never actually touched the book you bought.

After thinking about it I'm glad I got the Gold version, as its just a very nice overall display. Also I'd much rather have the book itself signed than a bookplate, but thats just me.

I'm not a collector, but I splurged for the gold edition because after ~100 listens, I consider Clockwork Angels their best album. Having the artwork and corresponding book's manuscript framed and signed by Neil Peart, Kevin Anderson, and Hugh Syme is nifty:

http://u.rockthisthing.com/image/440/440/RUCL002003_001.jpg

Hopefully the book is pretty good too biggrin.gif

QUOTE (mrbarlint @ Jul 27 2012, 09:41 AM)
Yikes!!! My order "crapped out" during payment processing as soon as the sale began. Then, both websites did not allow online orders and the Backstage phone busy, busy busy!!! After twnety minutes, I finally managed to get the Gold Edition online. Now I can happily get back to work.

Same thing happened to me. I think the books popped up on the page for me at 9:58, and I jumped right on them. Got everything done and the site literally crashed as it was processing my payment. Got an error page, and then went thru the same process as you, all the time with my order still showing in my shopping cart, but not able to go to checkout until the site came back up. banghead.gif But it did, and I was able to complete my original order. 1022.gif

QUOTE (Smegger68 @ Jul 27 2012, 09:10 AM)
Just managed to snag a Silver edition before both websites fell over :-)

Lucky!!

I fell asleep at the wheel on this one.

After checking out the Gold details I just could not pass this up. It does seem like a real one of a kind item. All except I missed the presale and now I've ended up on the secondary market which already has the books alone at $300. Some sellers seem to have up to 5 each. I understand demand but maybe they could have limited purchases to 1 or 2 to save real fans some pain later.

QUOTE (Sgt.D @ Aug 6 2012, 10:59 AM)
After checking out the Gold details I just could not pass this up. It does seem like a real one of a kind item. All except I missed the presale and now I've ended up on the secondary market which already has the books alone at $300. Some sellers seem to have up to 5 each. I understand demand but maybe they could have limited purchases to 1 or 2 to save real fans some pain later.

After the limited edition of "Far and Away" sold out in seconds, I was pretty sure they would enforce limits on this one.

Yeah, there are all kinds of creeps out there trying scalp stuff on ebay. I had to resort to ebay for the Far and Away LE, and it was pricey. Saw someone asking $600 for it recently (no one bought it). The only gold ed. I see is insanely priced--like $700 or $800. Crazy. I thought just getting one of each was already pushing the bounds of good taste, but getting 5 or more of either edition is not right.

Hey, anyone else excited that these are due to ship tomorrow??? I know there are copies floating around already (including those signed by Kevin Anderson from the premiere in Toronto), but I haven't bothered looking in any of the bookstores around here (NJ) yet to see if the plain ol' hardcover is on the shelf yet.

Having sprung for one of each special edition, I can't say I'm not tempted to put my silver ed. on ebay just to recoup the cost of the gold ed. But I probably won't. I'm a fan, not a speculator or scalper.