Which is better?

rushgoober

Understanding that CA has only been out about a month, be as objective as you can and answer which is better?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Understanding that CA has only been out about a month, be as objective as you can and answer which is better?

• Snakes & Arrows
    • Clockwork Angels

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Jul 18 2012, 06:27 PM)
You people do not listen with your ears. When and if a next album comes out I imagine the posts then will be identical to this thread by the same people but CA will be the next S&A with the "new" new album getting undue praise.

What body part are we listening with then? wink.gif

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but it is in an extreme minority in this case.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Jul 18 2012, 08:27 PM)
You people do not listen with your ears. When and if a next album comes out I imagine the posts then will be identical to this thread by the same people but CA will be the next S&A with the "new" new album getting undue praise.

I listen with my ears and my ears tell me S&A is crap and CA is Much better wink.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 19 2012, 09:18 AM)

I listen with my ears and my ears tell me S&A is crap and CA is Much better wink.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jul 19 2012, 09:25 AM)

trink39.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jul 19 2012, 05:49 AM)
QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Jul 18 2012, 09:27 PM)

yes.gif

no.gif

Not saying that theory WILL come true.....but it will be mighty interesting to test it if we get a new album laugh.gif Remember this at new album time. lol

Mick

went back and listened to Snakes and Arrows in my car while driving. it lasted 30 seconds....thank God For CA!!!

trink39.gif

1022.gif

The numbers are so lopsided its ridiculous. Does any S&A supporter really think its the newness of CA that is why? It isn't.

and let me tell you from someone who has been here for years, Snakes did not get the reception CA is getting. Not even close.

Edited by Tick

QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Jul 19 2012, 09:08 AM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Jul 19 2012, 06:10 AM)
QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jul 19 2012, 06:56 AM)

yes.gif

We're not praising CA because it's new. It's because the music is excellent. See the top ten poll and Goober's 1-10 poll. Honeymoon effect is minimal.

Give it time. It will rate 7/10 in the long haul, IMO.

Already is a 6 or 7.

Rush has 3 10's in their catalogue. 10's are perfect albums and thus a hard level to reach. Very good albums are not 10's. Or even 9's for that matter.

Its their best in quite a while. After the abomination of Snakes, it seems spectacular. But its about a 7. With a good point removed for inexcusable sound quality.

I'll give it a 7.5. A pretty strong record that I like with heavy penalties for sound quality. 6 overall rating.

CA>>>>>>>>Snakes. Snakes<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<any other Rush/Rascal Flats album

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=75734&st=240

Close to 78% (231 pollers) rate this album at least 8/10. That's a damn great figure for an album, even if it's new. I predict that number will hold fairly steady in the long run. CA is here to stay strong over the long haul.

I loved S&A when it came out. But that was based largely on the strength of Far Cry, the instrumentals, and the better production quality. By the time the tour happened, I knew that I wouldn't like the beginning of the second set so much (playing 4 songs in a row from S&A (after Far Cry); all of which were mid-tempo and unremarkable. It became a bathroom break for me for the 6 concerts I attended.

CA has no 4 songs which, if played together, would make me unhappy. In fact, it has only two songs that I don't really like (BU2B2 and 7COG), and one of those is too short for me to take a pee during, nonetheless find the bathroom.

CA is simply a better album for the vast majority of Rush fans, and it's not hard to see why.

Even though Snakes And Arrows was the first full Rush album I ever listened to (lol, how many new members cite S&A as getting them into the band?), I don't think it's on the same level as Clockwork Angels. There's some really good stuff in there, like Far Cry, Armor and Sword, and The way the wind blows, but three instrumentals is a bit much. Clockwork Angels has a common concept between all the songs, and as a whole, flows fantastically with the rest of itself. I also greatly appreciate every song on the album hold for The Garden and The Wreckers, which get the 'average' mark from me.

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jul 19 2012, 11:19 AM)

yes.gif

We're not praising CA because it's new. It's because the music is excellent. See the top ten poll and Goober's 1-10 poll. Honeymoon effect is minimal.

Already is a 6 or 7.

Rush has 3 10's in their catalogue. 10's are perfect albums and thus a hard level to reach. Very good albums are not 10's. Or even 9's for that matter.

Its their best in quite a while. After the abomination of Snakes, it seems spectacular. But its about a 7. With a good point removed for inexcusable sound quality.

I'll give it a 7.5. A pretty strong record that I like with heavy penalties for sound quality. 6 overall rating.

CA>>>>>>>>Snakes. Snakes<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<any other Rush/Rascal Flats album

Close to 78% (231 pollers) rate this album at least 8/10. That's a damn great figure for an album, even if it's new. I predict that number will hold fairly steady in the long run. CA is here to stay strong over the long haul.

Yeah, but we're a bunch of Rush freaks in here. You would expect those kind of numbers.

That's like going to Moveon.org and asking them who they support in the next election. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Jul 19 2012, 11:43 AM)

yes.gif

Already is a 6 or 7.

Yeah, but we're a bunch of Rush freaks in here. You would expect those kind of numbers.

That's like going to Moveon.org and asking them who they support in the next election. laugh.gif

Some honeymoon effect and Rush bias, yes, but I think those 2 factors minimally account for the high numbers. People are truly ranking CA high outside of those 2 factors I believe.

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jul 19 2012, 11:47 AM)

yes.gif

Already is a 6 or 7.

Some honeymoon effect and Rush bias, yes, but I think those 2 factors minimally account for the high numbers. People are truly ranking CA high outside of those 2 factors I believe.

I'll make another poll in a year.

QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Jul 19 2012, 12:43 PM)

yes.gif

Already is a 6 or 7.

Don't forget though, some will be stubborn because they are raving now, but in the future, even though it will make them feel "meh", they will never admit it. Their pride won't allow them. 1287.gif

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jul 19 2012, 11:53 AM)

yes.gif

Already is a 6 or 7.

Don't forget though, some will be stubborn because they are raving now, but in the future, even though it will make them feel "meh", they will never admit it. Their pride won't allow them. 1287.gif

laugh.gif

Doesn't matter, it's a great Rush album and most people are enjoying it. What matters most is I'm enjoying it and enjoying it a lot. Good to know that I'm in the majority.

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jul 19 2012, 12:38 PM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Jul 19 2012, 11:53 AM)

yes.gif

Already is a 6 or 7.

laugh.gif

Doesn't matter, it's a great Rush album and most people are enjoying it. What matters most is I'm enjoying it and enjoying it a lot. Good to know that I'm in the majority.

Hey, if you wanna feel even better....just read more reviews! I can't find a "bad" one

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Jul 19 2012, 09:50 AM)

yes.gif

Already is a 6 or 7.

You do that. That whooshing sound you hear is all of us holding our collective breaths. tongue.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 19 2012, 03:36 PM)

yes.gif

Already is a 6 or 7.

You do that. That whooshing sound you hear is all of us holding our collective breaths. tongue.gif

Well, well, well, Rushgoober arrives and for his first post of the session he produces yet another vitally important and sobering comment...

tongue.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 19 2012, 03:36 PM)

yes.gif

Already is a 6 or 7.

rofl3.gif Yeah, cant wait......

In the minority here but I do not think it is close.

S&A is close to a top 5 album and CA is close the bottom - I keep listening to it over and over and it just doesn't do it for me.

Moving Pictures is the first album I bought as a "new release" and Snakes and Arrows is the only one I felt remotely as excited as that when I first listened.

QUOTE (Syrinx Priest @ Jul 23 2012, 07:50 PM)
In the minority here but I do not think it is close.

S&A is close to a top 5 album and CA is close the bottom - I keep listening to it over and over and it just doesn't do it for me.

Moving Pictures is the first album I bought as a "new release" and Snakes and Arrows is the only one I felt remotely as excited as that when I first listened.

It's what makes Rush so fascinating.....such varied opinions for different albums, and truly shows how diverse their music really is.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

smile.gif