Will this be Rush's Hardest Rocking Concert?

snowdogged

Hardest Rocking Concert since the Early 80's?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Hardest Rocking Concert since the Early 80's?

• Yes
    • No

Since CA is such a hard rocking album for the most part and they plan to play most of it, I think that they might try to keep the entire show a little harder rocking than most recent tours have been. I think they are going to bring back some of the really hard rocking older stuff which would make this one pretty heavy rocking show. Could this be their heaviest rocking show since the early eighties or maybe even the late seventies?

Ummm no.

Let's see... strings (and those softer older songs they'll play with the strings), and some of the highlights from CA are Halo Effect, Garden and Wreckers.

I guess if you are used to Air Supply, this upcoming tour could be considered hard rocking...

tongue.gif

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jul 8 2012, 08:27 PM)
Ummm no.

Let's see... strings (and those softer older songs they'll play with the strings), and some of the highlights from CA are Halo Effect, Garden and Wreckers.

I guess if you are used to Air Supply, this upcoming tour could be considered hard rocking...

tongue.gif

Strings and metal/hard rock rule!

Sorry, but I guess that I am not as familiar as you are with Air Supply. tongue.gif

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Jul 8 2012, 07:37 PM)
QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jul 8 2012, 08:27 PM)
Ummm no.

tongue.gif

Strings and metal/hard rock rule!

Sorry, but I guess that I am not as familiar as you are with Air Supply. tongue.gif

You should thank your lucky stars for that!

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jul 8 2012, 07:27 PM)
Ummm no.

tongue.gif

laugh.gif

Edited by WCFIELDS

QUOTE (tel @ Jul 8 2012, 02:14 PM)
Yes i think it may be of a heavier bent tongue.gif .

but pleeeese no more sawyer,spirit, 2112,limelight etc,etc angry.gif

I say the same, even though I've only seen them live 4 times...I'm ok with keeping Tom Sawyer, it was their biggest hit etc etc, but why do they insist on Limelight,2112, Spirit of Radio etc? If they got rid of at least one of the three, that would seriously help the setlist.

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Jul 9 2012, 09:03 AM)

I say the same, even though I've only seen them live 4 times...I'm ok with keeping Tom Sawyer, it was their biggest hit etc etc, but why do they insist on Limelight,2112, Spirit of Radio etc? If they got rid of at least one of the three, that would seriously help the setlist.

Keep dreaming! Those songs aren't going anywhere!

I agree. The songs are just played out. Put them on the shelf and save them for r40 or whatever comes next. Since MP was played live I say leave every song from the album out of the setlist.

Here is my hard rocking set list taking into account the string section and throwing a few slower songs into it. Also taking into account their so called hit songs.

First set:

Something for Nothing

Bastille Day

Show Don't Tell

One Little Victory

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Passage Bangkok

Test for Echo

The Manhattan Project

Kid Gloves

The Trees

Far Cry

Second Set

Caravan

Bu2b

The Wreckers

Losing it

Headlong Flight

The Garden

Xanadu

Tom Sawyer

The Spirit of Radio

La Villa Strangiato

Bytor and the Snowdog

Encore

YYZ

The Necromancer

Ok, maybe I didn't add enough songs from CA But I'd be happy with that Set list!

1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

You people are nuts! Limelight, Sawyer, 2112 are the main reasons why I got addicted to RUSH...It was in 1981 when I was 13 and I heard The Spirit of Radio on some fair ride...Limelight is my alltime favorite song as that is his best solo IMO.....They will no doubt continue with these songs...These are anchor songs...

Edited by rrzubnyy

Since CA is such a hard rocking album for the most part and they plan to play most of it, I think that they might try to keep the entire show a little harder rocking than most recent tours have been. I think they are going to bring back some of the really hard rocking older stuff which would make this one pretty heavy rocking show. Could this be their heaviest rocking show since the early eighties or maybe even the late seventies?

Not sure...but I am willing to bet that Alex will fart at least 5 times during each stop on the tour. Shall we have a poll on that?

2.gif

Edited by drgrendel

QUOTE (drgrendel @ Jul 11 2012, 08:34 PM)

Not sure...but I am willing to bet that Alex will fart at least 5 times during each stop on the tour. Shall we have a poll on that?

2.gif

What's the big deal about that? I farted five times just while I was reading your post. It was the most enjoyable part of reading your post.

Since CA does rock pretty hard, I think it will inspired the boys to play harder stuff like, By-Tor and the Snow Dog, Jacobs Ladder and Xanadu who knows maybe even the Necromancer?

confused13.gif

Edited by losingit2k

Yep...and it's gonna be bitchin' too. I'm definitely goin' to a few.

This album reminds me of the good ol days (mid-70's to 83 or so.)

QUOTE (rrzubnyy @ Jul 11 2012, 08:07 PM)

You people are nuts! Limelight, Sawyer, 2112 are the main reasons why I got addicted to RUSH...It was in 1981 when I was 13 and I heard The Spirit of Radio on some fair ride...Limelight is my alltime favorite song as that is his best solo IMO.....They will no doubt continue with these songs...These are anchor songs...

Not saying these are not all great songs,simply overplayed wink.gif