Clockwork Angels Debuts at #2

Jag2112

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Jun 20 2012, 07:24 PM)
So, ADKOT is better than CA and Van Halen is better than Rush. Gotcha! tongue.gif

Seriously, I do have to admit that Van Halen's show was damn inpressive. Dave's voice may be shot, but he's still a master showman and entertainer. And EVH is, of course, still notworthy.gif .

yes.gif

QUOTE (Jomboni @ Jun 20 2012, 10:40 AM)
Interesting note that the fan pack sales aren't counted in the totals.

Nor will they be. The Classic Rock Fanpack is considered a magazine sale (that just happens to feature a CD) and its sales will be counted as a UK magazine.

Edited by Devon

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jun 20 2012, 07:26 PM)
I checked current Billboard 200 . Dont see CA anywhere. Did I miss it somewhere?

As mentioned a few posts back, it will not show up yet. Those charts are usually not published for a few days (the chart on there now is probably from two weeks ago.)

So needless to say guys, C.A. will be #2 since the chart publishing magazine just confirmed it. Look for the official charts next week.

QUOTE (Devon @ Jun 20 2012, 06:58 PM)

Nor will they be. The Classic Rock Fanpack is considered a magazine sale (that just happens to feature a CD) and its sales will be counted as a UK magazine.

Seriously? I thought that was an absolute given that those would be included. If that's truly the case, that profoundly sucks.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 20 2012, 06:32 PM)
Yes, it will drop off the charts quick after a few weeks, but for a classic rock band to sell 103,000 copies of a new album in it's first week is very impressive. You don't see that too often anymore when bands who have been around as long as Rush release new material.

applaudit.gif 2.gif

103K! Impressive.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (KTMMan @ Jun 20 2012, 10:53 AM)
I don't really think going gold for an album means what it used to as the only real way back in the day to get a good quality copy was to buy the album or maybe make a cassette copy of a friend's. Nowadays there are so many other avenues to "steal" the music in good quality form or in a form that quality isn't an issue that most non diehard fans will simply do that and put in on an IPOD without caring about the packaging thus the sales numbers do not reflect how many actually have the album - IMO

Too true.......unfortunately.

Hell i bought the fan pack and the regular cd.

Edited by Ghostnotes

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 20 2012, 09:47 PM)
QUOTE (Devon @ Jun 20 2012, 06:58 PM)

Seriously? I thought that was an absolute given that those would be included. If that's truly the case, that profoundly sucks.

I wish they could. One reason it might not work out is because it would skewer how the sales in UK are counted and give false indications as to how the album is doing there when a significant portion of them are not even being purchased in the UK, if you see what I mean. But it all also goes off that Barcode, and the Barcode will just register as a "Magazine."

Unfortunately, from my previous experience, the Classic Rock publishing company does not release sales figures either. Although that doesn't stop someone else close to the band with that info from saying, but it usually doesn't happen.

Edited by Devon

QUOTE (zappafrank @ Jun 21 2012, 10:56 AM)
Stupid Usher.

Don't blame him , blame america and their shitty taste in music

I can't find the link, but apparently CA will continue its (relative) strong sales into the second week, and Billboard is predicting it will be around #7 on the charts this week, selling an additional 40K this week. That would be first time they've charted that high in the second week in 20 years (since counterparts).

Not bad.