Clockwork Angels is....

Tick

SO much better that Snakes And Arrows, that no one would be justified in thinking otherwise unless of coarse they are certifiably insane in the membrane. Insane in the brain.

Its also better than beef barley soup.

better that a spicy tuna wrap. (and that's pretty damn good, even though I've yet to ever have one, I just know it would be awesome!)

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am completely insane, but even I think that Clockwork Angels steamrolls Snakes & Arrows.

I still think that S&A is a great album, though, despite the " cool10.gif " and " wacko.gif " emoticons that some folks would hurl my way. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Tick @ Jun 18 2012, 08:52 PM)
SO much better that Snakes And Arrows, that no one would be justified in thinking otherwise unless of coarse they are certifiably insane in the membrane. Insane in the brain.

Its also better than beef barley soup.

better that a spicy tuna wrap. (and that's pretty damn good, even though I've yet to ever have one, I just know it would be awesome!)

Yup, it's much better than S&A, beef barley soup, a spicy tuna wrap, a spicy beef tuna wrap, a tuna barley soup, and a tuna snake barley armor soup wrap! It's a mouthful of heaven! 1022.gif

Good thing that is just opinion, Tickster. S&A still ranks over CA with me. S&A is much more dynamic. While CA is in your face, S&A is easier to listen to start to finish without wall of sound mix issues. You can hear Alex's guitar much more clearly as well as Neil's drums. CA is very good, but to me, it just doesn't top S&A as a complete release.

With S&A they released a Syrup sandwich , with CA they released a Steak dinner

QUOTE (Cyclonus X-1 @ Jun 18 2012, 08:04 AM)
Thing is, most Rush stuff is better than beef soup and all this other slop.

Though I'd sooner eat an earthworm sandwich than listen to Turn the Page.

Or most of Vapor (End) Trails. yes.gif

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 18 2012, 08:04 AM)
Good thing that is just opinion, Tickster. S&A still ranks over CA with me. S&A is much more dynamic. While CA is in your face, S&A is easier to listen to start to finish without wall of sound mix issues. You can hear Alex's guitar much more clearly as well as Neil's drums. CA is very good, but to me, it just doesn't top S&A as a complete release.

Remember Gompers, opinions are like assholes. I happen to have an asshole, and my asshole is the right asshole.

Snakes does not hold a candle, in my humble asshole. Clockwork Angels has better crafted songs, that have more layers than a vidalia onion.

QUOTE (Tick @ Jun 18 2012, 08:35 AM)

Remember Gompers, opinions are like assholes. I happen to have an asshole, and my asshole is the right asshole.

Snakes does not hold a candle, in my humble asshole. Clockwork Angels has better crafted songs, that have more layers than a vidalia onion.

You have an opinionated asshole, as do I. Neither is right or wrong. What you like in a song and what I do are different. I like Lobster with a nice green salad a baked potato and glass of wine and you like pizza with everything possible on it and extra cheese with a pitcher of beer. Both are great meals. atickhum.gif

I love BOTH albums...and as of right now, not sure where I'd rank either one against each other.

I just enjoy them both...like I said in the other thread, considering both albums were written from their mid-50's and forward, they should be proud of both efforts.

I doubt many other bands could put out albums of this quality at this stage in their careers.

QUOTE (Cyclonus X-1 @ Jun 18 2012, 06:58 AM)
I am completely insane, but even I think that Clockwork Angels steamrolls Snakes & Arrows.

I still think that S&A is a great album, though, despite the " cool10.gif " and " wacko.gif " emoticons that some folks would hurl my way. tongue.gif

I love S&A, as well. You're not the only one, my friend.

QUOTE (Cyclonus X-1 @ Jun 18 2012, 07:04 AM)

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 18 2012, 08:52 AM)
QUOTE (Tick @ Jun 18 2012, 08:35 AM)

You have an opinionated asshole, as do I. Neither is right or wrong. What you like in a song and what I do are different. I like Lobster with a nice green salad a baked potato and glass of wine and you like pizza with everything possible on it and extra cheese with a pitcher of beer. Both are great meals. atickhum.gif

I had Lobster for Fathers day. No salad was necessary. atickhum.gif

QUOTE (Tick @ Jun 18 2012, 07:35 AM)

The poetry... brings tears to my eyes! (Or maybe that's the onion! tongue.gif )

http://www.db45.com/c/awesome/awesome_011.jpg

I am now ready to proclaim this album the best Rush album in many years! Its amazing. I haven't been this in love with one of there albums this much in along time. atickhum.gif

Yeah, this is an amazing album. It really is a ton better than S&A, though I do like most of S&A too*.

*As does metaldad

QUOTE (Cyclonus X-1 @ Jun 18 2012, 07:04 AM)
Thing is, most Rush stuff is better than beef soup and all this other slop.

Wow really? Turn the Page is a pretty badass song.

To each their own!