Should Rush Play ALL of Clockwork Angels this tour

ScottT67

Should Rush Play ALL Of Clockwork Angels this tour?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rush Play ALL Of Clockwork Angels this tour?

• YES
    • NO

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DistantEarlyRushFan @ Jun 17 2012, 09:49 PM)
I'd rather them reach farther back into the catalog than play this album all the way through. I'm just content with the 6 best cuts. Maybe it is because I am a new fan and would like to have the opportunity to see some old ones live

You'll have your wish granted in 2014 when they'll have their R40 tour. However, this will probably be the only tour we will have the oppertunity to get a live presentation of CA in its entirty!

2.gif yes.gif 2.gif

I'd like a five or six song run at the beginning of set two with Headlong FLight opening it up, then the title track, the anarchist, the wreckers, halo effect, The Garden. Maybe throw one song in the first set. Not the whole cd though.

Absolutely. 100%. YES!!!

As a true concept album, it almost doesn't make sense to play it any other way. I hope they ignore the old school haters and play the whole album!!!

"As a true concept album, it almost doesn't make sense to play it any other way. I hope they ignore the old school haters and play the whole album!!!"

True Dat!

Give us a live representation of the coming novel! smile.gif

In my opinion, the best thing could be to play the whole CA in 3-songs blocks, with two catalogue song between each block (as advertising in movies!). Edited by Alexmai

QUOTE (Alexmai @ Jun 18 2012, 04:13 AM)
In my opinion, the best thing could be to play the whole CA in 3-songs blocks, with two catalogue song between each block (as advertising in movies!).

"Blocks" is probably what they'll have to do if for no other reason than to throw in some instrumentals and give Geddy's voice a break. I don't think they'll play twelve new tunes consecutively anyway--not even with the intermission acting as a break, as some have suggested. In any event, I'll be severely disappointed if they play fewer than eight of the new numbers. They're such great songs, and so many of them seem like they'll come off wonderfully live.

Yes, because it will left less space to play some songs that we have heard too many times, and even if it's not a perfect cd, it's fresh.

QUOTE (ScottT67 @ Jun 17 2012, 11:42 PM)
"As a true concept album, it almost doesn't make sense to play it any other way. I hope they ignore the old school haters and play the whole album!!!"

True Dat!

Give us a live representation of the coming novel! smile.gif

Scott,

I don't know if I can agree with this "old school hater" BS.

I'm an old school Rush lover but I could handle CA played all the way through.

You see it really doesn't matter because the boys will still be throwing in some killer old school shit that will make me want to explode into euphoria.

"It is what it is and whatever" dude.

RUSH ON!

Fukk the novel! It's all about the music for me!!

QUOTE (Alexmai @ Jun 18 2012, 04:13 AM)
In my opinion, the best thing could be to play the whole CA in 3-songs blocks, with two catalogue song between each block (as advertising in movies!).

good idea yes.gif

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Jun 18 2012, 07:02 AM)
Would be nice for sure. But as they said in the Corgan interview, its not happening. On another note I predict they open with Caravan this tour.

What exactly did they say. I have not listened to this yet.

I always say NO, and it's no different.

I love the album, but there are simply WAY too many other songs I'd rather hear live. Their catelog is simply too vast to concentrate on just one album.

To me, I'd be good with maybe 7-8 songs from CA max. Like I said, I loved S&A, and even I thought that 9 from that album was way too much personally.

A few years back, I saw Joe Satriani in concert and he played like 9-10 songs from his new album (which I loved) and while it was cool...I was disappointed at how many awesome albums and songs he completely ignored on that tour.

I love CA...but I want variety. That's all it comes down to.

Geddy would never be able to sing the whole album live night after night. He would be fried in a week

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 18 2012, 09:01 AM)
QUOTE (Earthshine @ Jun 18 2012, 12:05 AM)
It is really the only way the album can be properly presented. Play ALL of it! In ORDER! NOT broken up!

Um...no.

trink39.gif Same here