Which do You Love More ?

Just an Escape Artist

Now that someone has taken it upon themselves to leak the new Rush album against the wishes of the band that we all say we love, I wonder how we all feel about ourselves knowing that we are ripping off our favorite band. I see all these threads about how great the album is or "the official whatever" thread, and i am thinking, wait a minute, the album is not out yet. I am sure many of you will rationalze that you will purchase later. Maybe so, but many won't, that is a fact, so the band we love is getting ripped off.

We now have about a million threads about the new album that Rush has not released the album yet. Rush did not intend for anyone to hear it until it is released next week. Rush has stated thier distaste for this since VT was leaked, but here we are again pissing on the band the band once again.

Does this not bother anyones concience, or do we all just care about ourselves? Just a thought as I wait "Lit up in anticipation" for June 12

Let the flaming begin

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Just an Escape Artist @ Jun 6 2012, 11:30 PM)
I am sure many of you will rationalze that you will purchase later. Maybe so, but many won't, that is a fact, so the band we love is getting ripped off.

I know for a fact that I'm buying the album twice - on CD and vinyl.

The fans who won't buy the album probably would have downloaded it illegally if it didn't leak.

QUOTE (Just an Escape Artist @ Jun 6 2012, 10:30 PM)
Now that someone has taken it upon themselves to leak the new Rush album against the wishes of the band that we all say we love, I wonder how we all feel about ourselves knowing that we are ripping off our favorite band. I see all these threads about how great the album is or "the official whatever" thread, and i am thinking, wait a minute, the album is not out yet. I am sure many of you will rationalze that you will purchase later. Maybe so, but many won't, that is a fact, so the band we love is getting ripped off.

We now have about a million threads about the new album that Rush has not released the album yet. Rush did not intend for anyone to hear it until it is released next week. Rush has stated thier distaste for this since VT was leaked, but here we are again pissing on the band the band once again.

Does this not bother anyones concience, or do we all just care about ourselves? Just a thought as I wait "Lit up in anticipation" for June 12

Let the flaming begin

I admit. I am guilty and feel guilty. I just could not resist....

I can learn to resist anything but a new leaked Rush album after 5 years of waiting.

b_sigh.gif

Well, I personally am not ripping them off, because I am in fact buying the album when it comes out, I've already preordered. You call that a rationalization in your first post, but it's not, it's the simple truth. I wanted to hear the album and was presented with a chance to do so early, so I did. But I am not ripping them off at all, they will be getting my money on the 12th. For the people who won't buy it, that's a different matter, but you seem to think anyone who's listening to the leak is the same.

Leaks are going to happen no matter what in this day and age. There's absolutely no stopping it. Taking part in it doesn't hurt anything - deciding not to buy does, and that's different. I'm pretty sure nearly everyone here is going to buy the album even if they listened to the leak.

I recognize that piracy is wrong, but somehow I feel absolutely no guilt about it. no.gif I even understand the problem but still feel downright gleeful when I download music. I guess I have no soul confused13.gif

I have no shame downloading the album. I've already pre-ordered the CD on Amazon way back in March. I want to have a physical copy and better quality version of the album. If anything, hearing it early has led to me spreading the news to people (that I know who like some of Rush's songs) before it releases. I just got into the band heavily almost 2 years ago, and I've never pirated a single song. I've bought everything and supported this band along the way, and don't plan to change that! smile.gif

QUOTE (Just an Escape Artist @ Jun 6 2012, 09:30 PM)
Does this not bother anyones concience, or do we all just care about ourselves?

Doesn't bother me a bit. I could write a list of reasons why, but you wouldn't care because your only goal here is to preach down from your high horse about what bad people we all are.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jun 6 2012, 11:12 PM)

Doesn't bother me a bit. I could write a list of reasons why, but you wouldn't care because your only goal here is to preach down from your high horse about what bad people we all are.

I'm bad and CA is my drug. 1022.gif

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 6 2012, 11:15 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jun 6 2012, 11:12 PM)

I'm bad and CA is my drug. 1022.gif

Yeah, Im trippin man! cool10.gif

I only download the leak because I know for a fact i'll get the album, love it or hate it. Which is love it because it's Rush..

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jun 6 2012, 09:11 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 6 2012, 11:07 PM)
And the guilt trip thread of the year award goes to....

tongue.gif

Hey man, I'm buying the CD anyway, so I sleep at night just fine. wink.gif

Goob, diggin the record more than you thought, eh?

big time yes.gif trink39.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 6 2012, 11:27 PM)
QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jun 6 2012, 09:11 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 6 2012, 11:07 PM)
And the guilt trip thread of the year award goes to....

tongue.gif

Hey man, I'm buying the CD anyway, so I sleep at night just fine. wink.gif

Goob, diggin the record more than you thought, eh?

big time yes.gif trink39.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif biggrin.gif

trink39.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Just an Escape Artist @ Jun 6 2012, 08:30 PM)
Now that someone has taken it upon themselves to leak the new Rush album against the wishes of the band that we all say we love,

You're right. We clearly hate this band as our actions thusly show. I thought I loved Rush, but I hate them! I don't feel so good... 062802puke_prv.gif

I wonder how we all feel about ourselves knowing that we are ripping off our favorite band.

I feel terrible. I've done a terrible thing! fists crying.gif

I see all these threads about how great the album is or "the official whatever" thread, and i am thinking, wait a minute, the album is not out yet.

We've committed a terrible crime! ph34r.gif comp26.gif

I am sure many of you will rationalze that you will purchase later. Maybe so, but many won't, that is a fact, so the band we love is getting ripped off.

I am going to purchase it on Tuesday, but you're right, that's no excuse. I'm rationalizing the hell out of my decision that was bad... and wrong. And I know that there are those who will download and won't buy it, and I'm being a terrible example to those people. It's people like me that allow people like that to do what they do! I'm ripping off what I thought was my favorite band. I'm pathetic beyond measure! sad.gif facepalm.gif

We now have about a million threads about the new album that Rush has not released the album yet.

And every one of them should not exist - you are absolutely right, 1,000 percent! I would like to ask the mods to please erase all of them, especially mine. eh.gif

Rush did not intend for anyone to hear it until it is released next week.

You're right. We've let them down. I hope that if I put in years of repentance that one day the band will forgive me for what I've done. God knows I don't deserve it, but maybe one day they will take mercy on my worm-like existence. banghead.gif

Rush has stated thier distaste for this since VT was leaked, but here we are again pissing on the band the band once again.

I'm pissing on Rush! I'm literally urinating on my favorite band! Oh, the horror, the humanity! fists crying.gif

Obviously I wasn't thinking of anyone but number one. Now I see that I was just being a pathetic loser. And an asshole. MAN do I suck! new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Just a thought as I wait "Lit up in anticipation" for June 12

You're right, you're so absolutely right! We deserve to be spanked... and beaten... and poked... and whipped! beathorse.gif smash.gif pokey.gif bd.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 6 2012, 11:12 PM)
Now that someone has taken it upon themselves to leak the new Rush album against the wishes of the band that we all say we love,

You're right. We clearly hate this band as our actions thusly show. I thought I loved Rush, but I hate them! I don't feel so good... 062802puke_prv.gif

I wonder how we all feel about ourselves knowing that we are ripping off our favorite band.

I feel terrible. I've done a terrible thing! fists crying.gif

I see all these threads about how great the album is or "the official whatever" thread, and i am thinking, wait a minute, the album is not out yet.

We've committed a terrible crime! ph34r.gif comp26.gif

I am going to purchase it on Tuesday, but you're right, that's no excuse. I'm rationalizing the hell out of my decision that was bad... and wrong. And I know that there are those who will download and won't buy it, and I'm being a terrible example to those people. It's people like me that allow people like that to do what they do! I'm ripping off what I thought was my favorite band. I'm pathetic beyond measure! sad.gif facepalm.gif

We now have about a million threads about the new album that Rush has not released the album yet.

And every one of them should not exist - you are absolutely right, 1,000 percent! I would like to ask the mods to please erase all of them, especially mine. eh.gif

Rush did not intend for anyone to hear it until it is released next week.

You're right. We've let them down. I hope that if I put in years of repentance that one day the band will forgive me for what I've done. God knows I don't deserve it, but maybe one day they will take mercy on my worm-like existence. banghead.gif

Rush has stated thier distaste for this since VT was leaked, but here we are again pissing on the band the band once again.

I'm pissing on Rush! I'm literally urinating on my favorite band! Oh, the horror, the humanity! fists crying.gif

Obviously I wasn't thinking of anyone but number one. Now I see that I was just being a pathetic loser. And an asshole. MAN do I suck! new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Just a thought as I wait "Lit up in anticipation" for June 12

You're right, you're so absolutely right! We deserve to be spanked... and beaten... and poked... and whipped! beathorse.gif smash.gif pokey.gif bd.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif