Making of Video is up!

Rush-O-Matic

Great video.

This illustrates the profound influence of Nick R in bringing the best out of Rush. The marriage of Geddy, Alex and Neil's musical ideas with Nick R's energy and focus seems to be what made Clockwork Angels as good as it is.

Lol Nick is good. He mentioned the very thing that I mentioned about Geddy's voice before we saw this vid. Geddys vibrato is just terrible now. Its making him sound like a very old singer, and he just needs to do less of it and it cracked me up to see Nick tell him to do less of it.

QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Jun 6 2012, 10:22 AM)
Nick conducting Neil was one of the most hilarious things I have ever seen. He has so much spirit and energy. I love this guy.

How can you not love Nick? The guy has brought passion back to Rush where maybe they were sort of on auto drive for a bit. He is definitely living the fanboi's dream.

QUOTE (Shredder2 @ Jun 6 2012, 11:46 AM)
QUOTE (Rush-O-Matic @ Jun 6 2012, 07:20 AM)
Too short. sad.gif

yes.gif Agreed. They didn't shine much light on Alex. wtf.gif

I'm hoping it's a sample of a much longer video that will come out at some point. yes.gif

QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Jun 6 2012, 04:22 PM)
Nick conducting Neil was one of the most hilarious things I have ever seen. He has so much spirit and energy. I love this guy.

Yeah that was awesome!

yeah thanks for the link.... cant help wondering what a lot of this album would have been like if the actual creative band members had sole control of every track in production... like i noticed in the video Ged would sing it his way and then be told to try another way by the producer, which is ok i aint really criticizing that but, just wondering who the artists are here thats all smile.gif

You would think that there would be more to the "bonus content," but I haven't heard anybody with the fan pack comment on that. Could be that it will expand on release day.

However,

was clearly done at the same time. The setting is the same, and Geddy is wearing the same thing. He references meeting Pete Townshend at the Governor's Award thingy. So, obviously that part wasn't filmed during the recording of CA.

Aside: That little Clockwork-compass-globe-whatever-you-call-it thing next to Geddy is cool. I saw a mini one of those at Hobby Lobby the other day. I may have to get one to go with my CA clock.

QUOTE (Rush-O-Matic @ Jun 6 2012, 03:17 PM)
Aside: That little Clockwork-compass-globe-whatever-you-call-it thing next to Geddy is cool.

Ah, it's called an Armillary globe, armillary sphere, or astrolabe. I guess I'm a little slow - I saw astrolabe earlier, and didn't know what the heck that was.