Making of Video is up!

Rush-O-Matic

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 6 2012, 11:34 AM)
QUOTE (Shredder2 @ Jun 6 2012, 11:46 AM)
QUOTE (Rush-O-Matic @ Jun 6 2012, 07:20 AM)
Too short. sad.gif

yes.gif Agreed. They didn't shine much light on Alex. wtf.gif

I'm hoping it's a sample of a much longer video that will come out at some point. yes.gif

I'm hoping so as well. yes.gif

QUOTE (Shredder2 @ Jun 6 2012, 08:46 AM)
Too short. sad.gif

He was probably not in this cuz he was somewhere else being pissed that Nick wouldn't let him use any reverb. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Rush-O-Matic @ Jun 6 2012, 03:17 PM)
You would think that there would be more to the "bonus content," but I haven't heard anybody with the fan pack comment on that. Could be that it will expand on release day.

However, this interview here was clearly done at the same time. The setting is the same, and Geddy is wearing the same thing. He references meeting Pete Townshend at the Governor's Award thingy. So, obviously that part wasn't filmed during the recording of CA.

Aside: That little Clockwork-compass-globe-whatever-you-call-it thing next to Geddy is cool. I saw a mini one of those at Hobby Lobby the other day. I may have to get one to go with my CA clock.

I love Tai Shan ohmy.gif great interview thanks for the links Rush O Matic these are really up-to-date. I come from an era of Rush where I waited ten years to even see video footage. The internet changed all that unsure.gif I guess there was a mystique back then but it is great to see the bands personality shine through and oddly they are how I used to imagine them to be laugh.gif

QUOTE (driventotheedge @ Jun 6 2012, 03:47 PM)
QUOTE (Shredder2 @ Jun 6 2012, 08:46 AM)
Too short. sad.gif

He was probably not in this cuz he was somewhere else being pissed that Nick wouldn't let him use any reverb. tongue.gif

"I SAID I WANT F*CKING REVERB!"

tongue.gif Hahaha

QUOTE (BU4B @ Jun 6 2012, 02:04 PM)
QUOTE (Rush-O-Matic @ Jun 6 2012, 03:17 PM)
You would think that there would be more to the "bonus content," but I haven't heard anybody with the fan pack comment on that.  Could be that it will expand on release day.

However, this interview here was clearly done at the same time.  The setting is the same, and Geddy is wearing the same thing.  He references meeting Pete Townshend at the Governor's Award thingy.  So, obviously that part wasn't filmed during the recording of CA.

Aside: That little Clockwork-compass-globe-whatever-you-call-it thing next to Geddy is cool.  I saw a mini one of those at Hobby Lobby the other day.  I may have to get one to go with my CA clock.

I love Tai Shan ohmy.gif great interview thanks for the links Rush O Matic these are really up-to-date. I come from an era of Rush where I waited ten years to even see video footage. The internet changed all that unsure.gif I guess there was a mystique back then but it is great to see the bands personality shine through and oddly they are how I used to imagine them to be laugh.gif

"I'm too busy in the shower". that made me laugh.gif

QUOTE (lifeson90 @ Jun 6 2012, 01:00 PM)
yeah thanks for the link.... cant help wondering what a lot of this album would have been like if the actual creative band members had sole control of every track in production... like i noticed in the video Ged would sing it his way and then be told to try another way by the producer, which is ok i aint really criticizing that but, just wondering who the artists are here thats all smile.gif

That's the producer's job, they all do that, that's just how it works. And it's not that they constantly prevent the artist from doing what they want to do - they provide a useful outside perspective that helps make the work better than it might be if no one else were there.

QUOTE (lifeson90 @ Jun 6 2012, 12:00 PM)
yeah thanks for the link.... cant help wondering what a lot of this album would have been like if the actual creative band members had sole control of every track in production... like i noticed in the video Ged would sing it his way and then be told to try another way by the producer, which is ok i aint really criticizing that but, just wondering who the artists are here thats all  smile.gif

The producer is often a strong creative influence. Rush used to refer to Broon as the 4th member of the band.

As far as vocals go, Geddy said that Peter Henderson made him sing "The world weighs on my shoulders" about 40 times.

This video illustrates why they're doing so many layered vocals (which can mask a lot of the harshness) and how difficult it sometimes must be to work with Geddy's voice, especially at this point. I don't mean that as negatively as it comes off as I think Geddy sounds good on the record, for the most part. There are a few slightly cringe-inducing moments, but Rush has always been a band I enjoy despite Geddy's voice, not because of them (and to be fair to Geddy, his style is more pleasant than most metal singers).

Thanks for posting the link, Rush-O-Matic.