Crying

Lost In Xanadu

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ May 31 2012, 05:49 PM)
QUOTE (troutman @ May 31 2012, 08:33 PM)
Personally I think it's healthy,

Regardless of one's situation. Happiness, pain, hate, suffering, a loss ect. I think after a bit of time. A person depending on there being. Feels better and relieved. JMO of course. smile.gif

goodpost.gif

Crying is the body's built-in pressure relief valve. If you don't open up the valve from time to time, you'll explode for real....and it won't be a pretty sight..... ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

You stated it perfectly! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ May 31 2012, 11:09 AM)
I've only cried once in the last twenty five years. I had to put my cat Mao down back in November 2010. I cried for about 20 seconds.

I've put other animals down, and never cried. I never cried when I lost my grandparents either. So, other than the Mao thing...I don't do it.

My wife on the other hand. laugh.gif

You had a cat named Mao? I can see others naming their cat that, but not you!

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ May 31 2012, 09:07 PM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ May 31 2012, 11:09 AM)
I've only cried once in the last twenty five years.  I had to put my cat Mao down back in November 2010.  I cried for about 20 seconds. 

I've put other animals down, and never cried.  I never cried when I lost my grandparents either.  So, other than the Mao thing...I don't do it.

My wife on the other hand.  laugh.gif

You had a cat named Mao? I can see others naming their cat that, but not you!

It means cat in Chinese. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 31 2012, 09:31 AM)
QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ May 31 2012, 12:09 PM)
I like to think myself tough, but I'm a crier.  You can still be tough, but cry. 

I used to never cry.  It's like laughing.  I don't laugh much anymore, I used to be a laugher. 

You don't see anyone making fun of anyone else for laughing, but cry and it is a different story.

Whoa! Where've you been? Long time no see. (Or am I simply not lookin' in the right forums?) Anyway, nice to see you again!

Heya Jack!!!

I stop in from time to time. I see the majority of TRF peeps on Facebook.

I can't stay away from you all for too long. wub.gif

OK to the non criers in public because everyone else gets so emotional

Did you feel as if maybe because of their "big show of tears", did it take away from your own feelings? When my Mom died it felt like that to me, my sister all blubbery and wailing, even my father, and wow what a hypocrite, all I ever heard from him was how much of a POS she was...

Then when my first wife passed..my brother in law, hell wailed like a baby (another hypocrite..big public show)..sister in law Spock-like in public, but threw me a guilt trip like no other...not even my own mother! And it just made me feel as if my own grief was unworthy. Alone yes I can, sometimes with Diane I need to stifle...as Archie would say laugh.gif but then I hear her sniffle too...

QUOTE (Lerxster @ May 31 2012, 01:19 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 31 2012, 12:32 PM)
Back on topic: I've heard it said that only sociopaths don't cry so you might want to think about getting some help, LIX.

This gives me a thread idea. The I've Heard It Said Thread, where people can give worthless advise about things they know nothing about, simply because they heard it said. Yeah!

I don't mean sociopath in the terms of, say, "psycho axe-murderer". There are very mild forms in which people can have the disorder yet still be pretty much fine. It simply stems from an emotional problem, usually a trauma suffered early in life. Lots of people suffer from it without even realizing it. I also in no way meant to insult LIX and apologize for not being clearer.

I've a good friend who's a psychiatrist, you learn a lot hanging out with people like that.

QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Jun 1 2012, 07:31 AM)

Did you feel as if maybe because of their "big show of tears", did it take away from your own feelings? When my Mom died it felt like that to me, my sister all blubbery and wailing, even my father, and wow what a hypocrite, all I ever heard from him was how much of a POS she was...

Then when my first wife passed..my brother in law, hell wailed like a baby (another hypocrite..big public show)..sister in law Spock-like in public, but threw me a guilt trip like no other...not even my own mother! And it just made me feel as if my own grief was unworthy. Alone yes I can, sometimes with Diane I need to stifle...as Archie would say laugh.gif but then I hear her sniffle too...

This definitely looks like English, but I can't quite understand what the heck you are trying to say. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jun 1 2012, 09:12 AM)
Back on topic: I've heard it said that only sociopaths don't cry so you might want to think about getting some help, LIX.

This gives me a thread idea. The I've Heard It Said Thread, where people can give worthless advise about things they know nothing about, simply because they heard it said. Yeah!

I don't mean sociopath in the terms of, say, "psycho axe-murderer". There are very mild forms in which people can have the disorder yet still be pretty much fine. It simply stems from an emotional problem, usually a trauma suffered early in life. Lots of people suffer from it without even realizing it. I also in no way meant to insult LIX and apologize for not being clearer.

I've a good friend who's a psychiatrist, you learn a lot hanging out with people like that.

I took no insult, because it clearly doesn't represent me at all. Like I said, just because I do not cry doesn't mean I don't get emotional.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jun 1 2012, 09:23 AM)

I took no insult, because it clearly doesn't represent me at all. Like I said, just because I do not cry doesn't mean I don't get emotional.

IMO, it is completely irresponsible to associate a person's lack of crying with a psychiatric disorder such as sociopathy.

Many people don't cry.....and for many reasons. From my experience, it's primarily because the people simply don't want to show their strong feelings in public - nothing more.

Well thanks for clearing that up. Your post came off as rude and insulting, even if LIX wasn't offended.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jun 1 2012, 10:21 AM)
QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Jun 1 2012, 07:31 AM)

Did you feel as if maybe because of their "big show of tears", did it take away from your own feelings?  When my Mom died it felt like that to me, my sister all blubbery and wailing, even my father, and wow what a hypocrite, all I ever heard from him was how much of a POS she was...

Then when my first wife passed..my brother in law, hell wailed like a baby (another hypocrite..big public show)..sister in law Spock-like  in public, but threw me a guilt trip like no other...not even my own mother!  And it just made me feel as if my own grief was unworthy.  Alone yes I can, sometimes with Diane I need to stifle...as Archie would say  laugh.gif  but then I hear her sniffle too...

This definitely looks like English, but I can't quite understand what the heck you are trying to say. laugh.gif

Yeah sorry maybe I rambled or something, didn't think about WHAT I was writing as much as REACTING to what you guys already wrote. Plainer and simpler. Do other's reactions to the whatever bad news is happening...especially if they're insincere...does it somehow in your mind diminish the validity of how you feel, or "dampen" how you feel? Or maybe even completely change how you feel.

With Mom passing and my older sister bawling her eyes out dear old Dad doing the same business, made me feel as if I had to "be strong for the family" and again with my wife.

I'd say I cry more than most other dudes, but not nearly as much as a woman.

Cried at my wedding, cried at the funeral of my in-laws (both of them), cry sometimes during movies or even songs, etc.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jun 1 2012, 11:48 AM)

Cried at my wedding, cried at the funeral of my in-laws (both of them), cry sometimes during movies or even songs, etc.

Did you cry when Bush was re-elected in 2004? confused13.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jun 1 2012, 11:49 AM)

Did you cry when Bush was re-elected in 2004? confused13.gif

I didn't cry; I huddled in a corner, shivering, fearful for the future of mankind.

Wait, didn't you once say that YOU never cry?

Put that post together with this one, and it's like you're confessing you're sociopathic. laugh.gif

Uh oh.........GENDER STEREOTYPING!! OK, ladies, get the tar and feathers ready!!

tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Jun 1 2012, 12:58 PM)

Uh oh.........GENDER STEREOTYPING!! OK, ladies, get the tar and feathers ready!!

tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

Well... yeah... "typically" speaking, women cry more than men. wink.gif

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jun 1 2012, 12:02 PM)

Wait, didn't you once say that YOU never cry?

Put that post together with this one, and it's like you're confessing you're sociopathic. laugh.gif

... with an arsenal unsure.gif

I DARE you to watch this video and NOT tear up at least a little bit..... fists crying.gif fists crying.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Jun 2 2012, 05:56 AM)
I DARE you to watch this video and NOT tear up at least a little bit.....  fists crying.gif  fists crying.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aau-eqv6gQ&feature=related

These don't make me cry, they just make me smile smile.gif

It takes a LOT for me to cry. I didn't cry at any of my grandparents' funerals. Sad movies or videos don't really make me cry, maybe tear up a bit, but I don't bawl my eyes out for anything really. There's a few random things on the internet that always make me tear up, and the "I waited for you, Fry" episode does it to me every time sad.gif

Hell, I can't even remember the last time I really cried. And I've been in some terrible, hurtful relationships.

But, I will leave you guys with the one thing on the internet that makes me tear up pretty bad every single frickin time..

http://i.imgur.com/dYMdG.jpg

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Jun 2 2012, 04:56 AM)
I DARE you to watch this video and NOT tear up at least a little bit..... fists crying.gif fists crying.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aau-eqv6gQ&feature=related

yes.gif yes.gif

I'm a sucker for this stuff. Or Make A Wish Foundation stories. I can't help from tearing up...they get me every time.