Lobster

Do you like it?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like it?

• Yes
    • No

The grocery store near us has lobsters on sale for $10 a lb. We got a couple and I realized... I'm not a big fan of lobster. For the money, gimme crab legs any day.... much more tender and sweeter tasting.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love seafood.

But I hate lobster.

I've only had it once and when I describe the taste, everyone says I had lobster that was way overcooked. But the taste was so heinous that I cannot bring myself to try it again.

The texture was tough and the "flavor" was of stale, curled milk that had been left by a radiator for two weeks.

QUOTE (Janie @ May 29 2012, 11:13 AM)
I love seafood.

But I hate lobster.

I've only had it once and when I describe the taste, everyone says I had lobster that was way overcooked. But the taste was so heinous that I cannot bring myself to try it again.

The texture was tough and the "flavor" was of stale, curled milk that had been left by a radiator for two weeks.

The only time I kinda liked it is when it was drowning in butter.... every other time I've had it - I really didn't care for it.

If it's freshly caught, not too large/not too small, and cooked correctly, I do like lobster. I find though, that I like it better as part of a larger dish than simply chunked and dipped in butter. Lobster, crab and shrimp pasta is wonderful.

Love it, hot or cold

I enjoy lobster, but not enought to justify the cost. It is a nice treat once in a while though.

Wayyyy too much effort in preparation and in just eating the damn thing to be worth it. They cost a fortune too.

Given the choice between steak and lobster, I will choose steak 10 times out of 10.

So, no. I do not care for lobster.

I love lobster! But, as has been noted, it has to be prepared correctly. if it's overcooked, it's like eating rubber and tastes awful. I only have it occasionally and if it's not cooked right, I do not hesitate to send it back. Not at those prices.

That being said, I like crab better. Especially King crab. http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd103/laserspray/internet%20stuff/smilies/drool.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ May 30 2012, 01:13 AM)
I love seafood.

But I hate lobster.

Yeah, you had shitty lobster. Go and try it again at a decent restaurant. I'm pretty sure you'll like it.

Lobster cracks my top 3 after Filipino roast pork and Peking duck.

As for the previously mentioned king crab legs, that would probably make it into my top 5 (or at least top 10).

I LOVE LOBSTER!!!

I have had it the last 2 weekends in a row. It was 5.99 a lb and we bought 4 each time.

I steam them(perfectly, cause I don't ever mess up anything I cook!) and cracked them all. I then heat the meat in butter and lemon and put it on buttery toasted hot dog rolls. Lobster rolls are the perfect food!

Holy crap they rock!!! 1022.gif

Then I make Cole slaw, and corn on the cob. Perfect!

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ May 30 2012, 01:21 AM)
Wayyyy too much effort in preparation and in just eating the damn thing to be worth it. They cost a fortune too.

Given the choice between steak and lobster, I will choose steak 10 times out of 10.

Maybe when you learn to cook, you will feel different. atickhum.gif

QUOTE (Tick @ May 30 2012, 06:35 AM)
I LOVE LOBSTER!!!
I have had it the last 2 weekends in a row. It was 5.99 a lb and we bought 4 each time.
I steam them(perfectly, cause I don't ever mess up anything I cook!) and cracked them all. I then heat the meat in butter and lemon and put it on buttery toasted hot dog rolls. Lobster rolls are the perfect food!

That's a hell of a price - lowest I've seen in my area is $8.99.

QUOTE (Tick @ May 30 2012, 09:35 PM)
I LOVE LOBSTER!!!

f***ing hell that's cheap.

You basically have to sell your soul to the devil to afford lobster in restaurants out here.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 30 2012, 08:41 AM)
QUOTE (Tick @ May 30 2012, 06:35 AM)
I LOVE LOBSTER!!!

That's a hell of a price - lowest I've seen in my area is $8.99.

Maybe its the one thing that's cheaper in New England? They come in fresh from Maine, and other areas. I only buy Lobster when its 5.99 a lb. That happens a hand full of times a year, and when it happens, I always buy a few.

I always want to take my trustee Acme glass cutter, and set em all free in the store. And then I think about getting arrested, losing everything, just not worth it. wink.gif

I just look at them as sea bugs - and that's enough for me to just heave.

A few Summers, I watched my hub and his friends eat a slew of crawdads? eeeekk! no way! no.gif

QUOTE (Tick @ May 30 2012, 05:38 AM)

laugh.gif

True, I'm not good at preparing lobster. Though I have had lobster prepared by people who DO know how to cook, and it was fine. I just don't understand the big fuss over the stuff.

There is no chance in hell that I will ever prefer lobster to a good steak. no.gif

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ May 30 2012, 03:40 PM)

laugh.gif

True, I'm not good at preparing lobster. Though I have had lobster prepared by people who DO know how to cook, and it was fine. I just don't understand the big fuss over the stuff.

There is no chance in hell that I will ever prefer lobster to a good steak. no.gif

and that's cool. Nothing wrong with a great steak. I grill the best rib eyes on the planet! 1022.gif

QUOTE (Tick @ May 30 2012, 12:47 PM)

laugh.gif

and that's cool. Nothing wrong with a great steak. I grill the best rib eyes on the planet! 1022.gif

drool1.gif

I hereby declare this the "steak AND lobster" thread. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ May 30 2012, 02:59 PM)
QUOTE (Tick @ May 30 2012, 12:47 PM)

laugh.gif

drool1.gif

I hereby declare this the "steak AND lobster" thread. biggrin.gif

That is what we had for dinner the other night smile.gif

2 lobsters and 2 NY strips. Not my first choice for steak, but they were on sale and I did a hell of a job of grilling them.

I voted no, but I do not really dislike it. I am in the "give me crab legs any day before lobster. Shrimp is just okay too.

CSB: I used to go to the Baja peninsula yearly and spend a few weeks there due to work. I was usually around small villages. At a restaurant almost in the middle of no-where on the pacific coast, I ordered the lobster. Out came a huge plate with 2 lobster tails, shrimp all around over a bed of rice. We are talking super fresh here. With a beer the meal was $10.

While you are perusing the lobster thread, well how about some Rock Lobster

Edited by burgeranacoke